Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MnF Club, an uncertain future (continuation)
Question 
Since the last thread MnF Club, an uncertain future was closed by the moderation, I'm in the need of open a second thread to keep talking about the future of the MnF Club and the MnF universe.
Apparently, complaining is wrong, we shouldn't address any problem or even mention them. Everything must appear to be perfect. Looks like the forum is so active that a thread like this is causing problems with the hundreds of topics appearing every day, and the staff is in the need of close them. Our bad.

NOW, speaking seriously, as several websites has been reporting last week, looks like Google is looking to end the support for Flash even before the already stipulated date.
Currently, it's hard to know if that's gonna be something implemented right on the Chromium core or as a Chrome flag. As we all know, if Flash dies from the Chromium core, that means that Opera and the soon-to-appear versions of Edge will NOT support the game neither.

So, at this point, given the most recent updates, what we still need to know is how it's gonna be the support of the Club after Flash's death. We already know the devs are not gonna move to another technology, and rather will keep offering the game as a downloadable, desktop version. Which mostly means that we are gonna have to manually check the website for updates to download the latest version of the game (That being if Flash Player is still available after Flash final release).
[Image: GafpYad.jpg]
hard to know for sure, but one thing is true maybe the answer will lie in the phone with the puffin engine, and gotta look for the mnfgames, if they make something there they will bring here is what i think
(09-30-2019, 08:55 PM)Morog Wrote: hard to know for sure, but one thing is true maybe the answer will lie in the phone with the puffin engine, and gotta look for the mnfgames, if they make something there they will bring here is what i think

Puffin is not an engine, is just a web browser with an embedded Flash plug-in. The mobile version of the game is still Flash based, and since almost no mobile browser supports it anymore due to security issues, you are forced to download a Flash enabled browser to keep playing.
well it's not big deal if they made it downloadable game on any devices
but the main problem to them is the security for the game!
Just watch their main site (http://www.meetandfuckgames.com). Thats the devs baby and cash cow, if they have to change anything, it will be done there first. Whether they will bother to fix MNFClub after the face, remains to be seen.

https://www.meetandfuckgames.com/forum/v...?f=2&t=559
Dodgy
(10-01-2019, 11:20 AM)Pedro. Wrote: well it's not big deal if they made it downloadable game on any devices
but the main problem to them is the security for the game!

I agree here. It's true that several users will lost the ability to play the game if something so obvious and easy to spot as a new software installed is necessary. But is also true that, is well done, that can be hide without major issues. In any case, that's people that shouldn't be playing to begin with.

In any case, having the game as just a downloadable client would not solve anything if is still developed in Flash.
Ok so, I'd like to talk about this a bit, let's go with points.

Number 1: Flash has still more than a year of life to live. We can't be sure they won't change their programs (I mean, Unity could be a way).
Number 2: Probably making the game downloadable was a better idea than we knew, because afaik many people complained about browser problems. Sure it's still not perfect, but it's something positive.
Number 3: Offering an app could be a solution to mobile related problems, but it would be a problem for who doesn't have an android phone (we already can't download Puffin on iOS, and no other browser seem to work). This could change if they change their programming (leading directly on issue number 1 written above).
Number 4: Probably the devs are starting to listen to the playerbase (I mean, futa update was requested for a long time), maybe this will speed up something.

Overall I know there is a lot of "probably" and "maybe" and "if", but I think they won't let this game die.
Unity's likely the best option long term, although prepping to put things out in HTML5 is a good start, as Proncain linked above. It would certainly make for better compatibility when porting MnF Club to a much-needed iPhone app, desperately needed now that Puffin is no longer an option there.

From my perspective, I'll say this. I realize we've got two part-time devs who sometimes seem to have a hard time communicating with each other, let alone players. That makes for some trying times waiting on updates that are sometimes major changes and sometimes a hat with no obvious rhyme or reason. But every time I think I've seen the death knell for this place, something new pops up. Vadim and Serega don't seem like they have any plans whatsoever to stop working on MnF Club any time soon, regardless of their priorities, and something is being done for the game, whether big or small.
[Image: tumblr_m5n0e4lflM1ryds47o8_r1_250.gif]
So if the devs do jump from Flash would it even be possible to port all the data from the characters and their belongings to the new platform?
Also I just can't play in desktop without it kicking me out of the server every 5 mins for some reason, that's why I kept to browser so far.
(10-30-2019, 11:31 PM)Keikenky Wrote: So if the devs do jump from Flash would it even be possible to port all the data from the characters and their belongings to the new platform?
Also I just can't play in desktop without it kicking me out of the server every 5 mins for some reason, that's why I kept to browser so far.

It is possible, yes. Not a quick task, but it can be done for sure.

And yes, the desktop version is still trash, and needs a lot of love before working properly. Which is weird cause Fl is easily portable and you can move it from desktop to web and vice versa without big trouble. 
Also, we must assume at this point that it is their "victory card" to avoid jumping into another platform after Flash demise.