Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Negative Moderator Experience (In-Game Mod Policy Discussion Thread)
(02-07-2019, 01:43 PM)Jenna-X Wrote: There was no miscommunication in the exchange between the two players.. One player declined to have sex and the other player threatened to ruin their online activity forever if they refused sex the next time they asked.  Wash those lips before you reply too john as your breath smells like the butt you are smooching.   Get rid of garbage like this player when they threaten others in the game.

So your not a fan of buttstuff?... shame...

Bad jokes aside, that was not even the point of my response, I was not defending a person who threatened another player, this just so happened to be one of those situations where someone harassed another person, allegedly. Not every case is always so clear cut as this one, allegedly (you're starting to catch my drift? ;p ). I'm just pointing out that a lot of times over the internet, people interpret things in a different fashion than others, and some people are going to naturally feel offended and "harassed." Are we going to start asking the mods to regulate free speech now because people are going to feel like they were being pestered by some horny, bored trolls? (Before you say, "no one would ever ask such a thing, that's never going to happen," just look at the rest of this thread)... Sounds like a dangerous, slippery slope to me... though I do trust some of the mods to make an appropriate judgement call against infringing free speech for "internet safety."

I do want to make a point though, she did refuse sex after being "threatened to have her online activity ruined forever" and reported the individual. He was warned, and she has not had any problems since then... hmm, seems like the warning worked... What a wild coincidence... LOL... Just like most social issues in game, they seem to be solved without a moderator intervening, a ban, or jailing because many adults know how to move on.

And just like most adults, I'm going to move on as well, as there would be nothing more I can add to this thread. I just wanted to expose this thread to a differing (and minority) opinion, such as how bans/punishments can possibly violate player's rights (especially with unproven reports). I hope you can see from my perspective now, and understand that I'm not defending harassers or trolls.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Negative Moderator Experience - by -J- - 01-11-2019, 10:08 PM
RE: Negative Moderator Experience - by JohnSins - 01-12-2019, 01:31 AM
RE: Negative Moderator Experience - by Jenna-X - 01-15-2019, 02:22 AM
RE: Negative Moderator Experience - by Boris327 - 01-15-2019, 04:14 AM
RE: Negative Moderator Experience - by -J- - 01-15-2019, 12:49 PM
RE: Negative Moderator Experience - by Emmie - 01-15-2019, 12:54 PM
RE: Negative Moderator Experience - by Jenna-X - 02-06-2019, 08:00 PM
RE: Negative Moderator Experience - by JohnSins - 02-07-2019, 12:04 AM
RE: Negative Moderator Experience - by Jenna-X - 02-07-2019, 01:43 PM
RE: Negative Moderator Experience - by JohnSins - 02-08-2019, 08:42 AM
RE: Negative Moderator Experience - by -J- - 02-07-2019, 05:55 PM