Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The sociology of players: the various kind of MnF Users
Haha, I have some dis-abused in me, but I like to call it disillusioned. I still find oppertunity for things to laugh about, and look forward to. So it's far from all doom and gloom!

I don't know if these have been brought up and I missed them (if so, I apologize!), but here are a few I notice a lot.

The Ebenezer's, people who focus their bio/profile on what they don't like. And because we often associate negativity with negative emotions, they easily come off as bitter and sour due to their lists of dislikes, don't wants, and don't cares. As opposed to someone focusing their bio/profile on positive aspects of what they like etc. There are many divergents to this group and they don't share the same focus in their bios/profiles, but the negative undertone is always there.

The Snobs, the ones who look down on f2p players, and see them as lessers. They shallowly base their judgement of people, purely on whether or not they have premium. Just as they are, their description is also shallow. Can't think of much else to say except maybe, if you are a f2p player and face this, don't let it get you down.

A group that I probably like the most, are those who just chill and chat in public, with anyone and everyone who wishes to join in. They just enjoy talking about anything and everything, and don't always have to control things. The vaster their area of discussion spans, the better. Anything from the philosophical meaning of existance to the intricacies of a good lasagna. A good discussion/argument always brightens the day. And the more who join in, the merrier. I dunno what I'd call them though, Talkers seems a bit boring.

Edit: Just saw the addition to the NBK, I would say I've never considered myself part of that group. For me, a major feature most of them share is narcissism, which tends to draw people in, but is a very egotistical trait. Not pointing out specific people, or saying all of them would be that way, but from my own experience, that's how it is.
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The sociology of players: the various kind of MnF Users - by Emmie - 02-03-2019, 09:06 PM