Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The sociology of players: the various kind of MnF Users
Ok, thank you Boris for the opportunity, I promise I'll leave all clean for your return *giggles*

I gave a second look for this category and, what I realize was that we're all fantasy folks, one way or another, we all live this game for our fantasies, that's what joined us all together in this big ship crossing this big sea... with that in mind, decided to be much more generalist in the approach and decided to create 5 big sub categories. Why 5 you may ask? Because I also decided to give each other the names of the 5 characters of "How I met your mom". What? You don´t know what am I talking about? Jesus! STOP reading this and go watch it...

Ok, for the rest that is still here, shall we begin?

THE FANTASY FOLKS

- The Barney's

These are the people that have a plan, they know what they want and they stick with it no matter what, they created a character and they live through it, i'm sure some of them even mix things up from time to time. They are good(almost every times) and they know it, can be purist or not, could have more than one avatar, or not, the thing is, they are that character, they created a story and if the character have to go(no matter the reason) it will go with a bang. 
IG these guys could be easily the engineers of a nuclear plant, very capable of enter in a nuclear reactor and shut that thing off, but when at home they first, shut the power before they change a light bulb.

- The Robin's

Those are the big mouths, they say they delivery it but they live way above their capabilities, most of them dream of being a Barney, and they try, they sometimes succeed, but then they blow things up because they just can't stick with any plan they made. Frequently they embark in dramas because of their natural abilities in create problems, they can create almost any character and stick with them for a while, but then real life comes in the way and when they realize is all messed up. 
IG these people can be the bass player of a cover band, a star material, with a natural way to get laid, but... they will never become more than that. Once a cover band always a cover band!

- The Ted's

These are the chameleons, they can be everything, from dark to vanilla, from friendly to troll, you name it. The have all kind of plans, none of them achievable, for one reason only, their lack of willingness. They go with the flood, today they are BBC's, tomorrow they are Futa's, don't get me wrong, they are good they just can't get enough concentration to stick with the role and being so, tomorrow they are something completely different.
IG they are the sweetest persons you know, medium workers with expectations but not as great as they say, they can be reliable although most of the time they have other things to do. They are buddies not bros...

- The Lily's

The dreamers, those are the persons that could hurt you or giving you the time of your life, sometimes both. Extraordinaire role players, they enter in the role giving a personal "know how". Barney's with a soul, Romantic Robin's, they live for their pleasure and dreams. Good talking, great grammar, all they say is well calculated and all the time they live in a limbo, between what is right and what is wrong, no matter the role they play.
IG they are exactly that, a lawyer, a doctor, a banker, anything in a good and high position, romantic enough for their sanity but twisted qb for others insanity. (I was married with one, i know)

- The Marshall's

The down to earth people, the most common around, good and kind, they have desires like everyone else but they are good enough for stick with them, and then they change to adapt others. Romantic, friendly, idealistic, they are all around us, playing their roles(mostly normal ones) and sometimes being easy preys of the other sub categories. They don't mind tho, they do it free willing...
IG they are the person next door, the good old neighbor, the nice and sweet person you can ask for sugar when you want to bake. Of course, sometimes that neighbor is an old nazi living an alter life, but that's rare...

That's it boys and girls, my small contribution for this awesome thread, keep c(u)mming with some more categories Boris.
Ah right, all clean hun...The thread is once again all yours!
Kisses
T
To be simple is to be great

Messages In This Thread
RE: The sociology of players: the various kind of MnF Users - by Simple Tania - 01-20-2019, 12:44 PM