Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The sociology of players: the various kind of MnF Users
Everyone, I absolutely love this thread and had to post on it! I'd like to add one or two sub types if I may, that I have come across in my travels on MNF Club:

DISCLAIMER: These are not the only types I have come across in my travels but felt they were the most (or least common) feel free to add or subtract from these groups as there could be different deviations of the same type!

The Experienced RPer (True):
This is the one who knows what they like, what they want, and how to get it. Usually their bios will include F-lists or their particular RP scenario for the moment. They will either message you knowing full well what they want or only reply to the one who blew them away with an amazing RP scenario prior and their use of the written word. Generally enthusiastic, open, and willing to give you a chance to "get a sense of your particular RP style". These members are distinct in their writing as it is well written, descriptive, paints a picture and always leaves it open for their partner to respond in kind. Generally always there but often overlooked by the usual flood of the other categories for knowing exactly what they want. Will RP in Rooms, PM, or a mix of both as RPing is their best part of the game, knowing how to please their partner through their vast experience trying new roles, styles, and categories.

The Experienced RPer (False):
These are the ones who claim to love RP, RP only, and do not do rooms (although surprisingly having high or mid level experience). Their bios talk about how much they just love to RP and only want "experienced literal RPers" but when they finally give you a chance, their RP is dull, emotionless, and lacking. Often only replying in single sentences or verbal cues such as "Oh baby" or "fuucckk". These are the Rpers I have nicknamed the Backseat RPer. They prefer to read their partner's descriptions and let them write the "Bulk" of the story or narrative only to stick to their usual MO of single line responses often only interested in the sex aspect of the RP. Once, their act is discovered and their partner loses interest, they tease you back with a light reply asking for another Scenario or situation usually never coming up with one together letting the Partner create the story and situation as they are usually "Up for anything".

Messages In This Thread
RE: The sociology of players: the various kind of MnF Users - by jsbro - 01-16-2019, 02:32 AM