Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The sociology of players: the various kind of MnF Users
You guys have really summed up several specific types or classes or facets of our society. You have omitted a few. The fishermen for instance and the dreaded revengers. Don't forget those who make up the sharpened tip spear either those intrepid assaulters.

The fisherman or phisherman wants to identify you whether it is so they can show up in your home town and beg you for a date or gather data for more nefarious purposes. I'm obviously 18+ as I'm playing the game. I'm a citizen of the country I listed and if I wanted you to know more I'd put it in my bio. You don't get streets I've lived on, my mother's maiden name, my place of residence or my pets name. Don't phish its freaking annoying. This isn't a dating site its an MMO sex game. Try to have some fun.

The revengers are in game solely to right whatever perceived wrong they feel has been committed against them and frankly there are some really messed up folks on the island. They'll send newly created level ones to find you and track your moves in the game and screenshot your general chat. Be careful who you friend as they are hard to shake. They'll send photoshopped art of you engaged in sex complete with explicit chat of you begging for more. When that doesn't work they will just come right out and threaten to destroy you or your love interest. They may even engage fishermen to help them complete their life's mission. I used to wear sunglasses so they might get my eyes wrong in a photoshop. I realized something the last time though. If they've never had sex with me then they have no idea how I behave. I stopped worrying about them after that.

The last group I mention, the assaulter, is a protected class in MnF as they can say anything they want to another player under the guise of a roleplay approach. I know right, it doesn't matter how far they've crammed their dick up your butt or whether they have you pinned to the ground or just bound up as they sexually assault you. They can do whatever the hell they want in a PM. Its just a game right?

The terms of service specifically state.. yeah I copied it from the FAQ
1. When using the Service, you will not harm other members. You will not harass, bully, intimidate, threaten, or stalk any member, or make rude. You are prohibited from using the Service for an unlawful purpose or to take an action for the primary purpose of reducing the enjoyment of the Service by another user.

If the player *creeps up behind you and lifts your skirt and shoves my dick deep in your ass* then they have sexually assaulted my avatar and raped it. If this doesn't reduce my enjoyment of the game 100% and potentially ruin my attitude for the entire evening I'm not sure what will.

Thank god the devs have seen fit to tie up some goats out back in the form of NPCs to give they morons something to take their frustration and hate out upon. Maybe they will leave us alone and more of us will stay in the game.

I've held off on the machine gun PM'er who tries to hammer you to their will and a few other types as I need a little more time to contemplate them.

I've enjoyed this thread so far.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The sociology of players: the various kind of MnF Users - by Jenna-X - 01-15-2019, 02:05 AM