Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The sociology of players: the various kind of MnF Users
The BBC fetish might warrant its own thread, but I'll simply say this:

I do have a BBC avatar, and I bring him out very, very rarely.

He has an English accent.

To contribute, let's see if we can't glean some useful information from the case studies we've seen so far. Here's what I've noticed both from the posts here and from my three (holy crap I'm getting too old for this shit) years here on MnF Club:

1. Everyone at MnF Club has varying degrees of readiness for sex. Some are ready to get it on at a moment's notice. Some are not interested at all and simply want to talk to people. Many more are somewhere in between. A lot of the veteran players have seen many, many things. But if they're not completely burnt out, there's something that might coax them to step into bed, or some other lewd situation. Sometimes people have bad days. Sometimes they just want to be assholes. But unless you've been a jerk, rejections are generally not because of something you've done. It might be because of something you didn't do, but again, unless you see you've done something particularly bad, it's best to take some time to relax and move on.
2. Online social status is entirely subjective. Some people care very much how much someone's raised/spent/accomplished. To others it matters very little. In terms of sexual readiness, higher social status in-game generally correlates to a higher number of suitors. But that alone doesn't rule out interest in new people. Club leaders may have a lot of PMs to deal with from their members, but in general there's no harm in approaching one just like anyone else who catches your interest.
3. Dynamic, honest approaches generate more favorable results. In every example Purest_Elf listed, she primarily cited character flaws as reasons for a failure to connect. Failure to demonstrate intellect and creativity. Narcissism. Lack of self-awareness. A first message using complete sentences straight from the heart might not lead to anything more than an unexplained ignore, but ask anyone with a female avatar how many times in one minute they say they get the message "hi" from someone. Your odds are better if you're willing to show more of yourself (and I don't mean sending dick pics, unless yours is particularly photogenic).

To sum up, I propose that there isn't a wrong way to play MnF Club. Which means that if you stick around long enough, you'll eventually find your groove.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The sociology of players: the various kind of MnF Users - by -J- - 01-07-2019, 10:47 AM