Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The sociology of players: the various kind of MnF Users
A new category:

The Bloated Head Bourgeoisie

(As I'm French, it comes from a French expression: "avoir la tête qui enfle" (to have a bloated head) meaning being haughty when you become powerful. I don't know if there's the same expression in English, but I give myself this right: I'm French and I'm a rebel).

The Bloated Head ones start the game with humility and fun. They're mad, sexy, attractive... It's normal: they have to find allies, money, and sex for the XP. So they have to convince more powerful ones than them, they have to be seductive and nice.
Some are sincere in their niceness at the beginning, some have more calculated ideas in mind as soon as they have understood the mechanics of the game.

Their open-minded style will start to erode as they grow in power in the game. Power corrupts.

Soon, they'll start to ignore or neglect the less-level than them (they forgot that they were noobs also one day and that it isn't a shame).

The male players will have to farm like mad to become Bourgeoisie -or even put RL money in it- and the female ones will frequently try to find male protectors (and money-givers), who have farmed in their place. Some female Bourgeoisie will also farm, but it will be frequently tough for them to speak about it.
They can also use avatar-slaves to do the bad job, characters that they can permit to have no "dignity". The trick of erasing and creating a new avatar regularly is also quite helpful (it doesn't necessarily mean you're a BHB if you use this system).

Being higher and higher in Level and richer and richer will finally make them completely ignore (despise?) the lower levels, the noobs, the cattle of MnF.

At the head of the Pyramid, they will only live amongst themselves, only between the Rich, only between the Higher-Class Bourgeoisie. Exchanging their big $, sometimes exchanging a few XP-Fuck, to reach the final levels, where they will laugh in the clouds in their Castles, making "cheers" in their crystal glasses and exchanging fine quotes, second or third degree jokes, or enthusiastic compliments.
Like all aristocrats or Higher-Upper-Class people, they can have servants or favorites (subs?) who say or do what pleases them. Even a lower-class Bad Boy or Bad Girl, picked up in the slums, can sometimes be fun to give spice to their High Life.

Three taboo subjects for them (not always but frequently):

1) How they got their money
2) They were noobs one day
3) Sex (can be done but not talked about to the inferior class)

Like the old vampires in Ann Rice novels, they practice less and less sex as they grow up in power (or don't admit it?.. maybe secretly with an avatar?...), and prefer to live a Bourgeoisie life and govern subtly the cattle.

Ahhh, you can see that I'm a bit sarcastic towards the Bloated Heads. I cannot help it! Do not be offended if, maybe, you're a BHB. I come from the bad suburbs of Paris and I'll always be that bad boy rebel who speaks slang and who will always be defiant to the Rich (even if my Boris327 character is now quite rich and quite powerful -I should make efforts to reach level 14, soon going to reach the 12 as I'm writing...).

Anyway, Bloated Head Bourgeoisie or not, as I always say: Do not feel offended, you do what you want!

And you can be rich/high-level without being a BHB...

Messages In This Thread
RE: The sociology of players: the various kind of MnF Users - by Boris327 - 01-05-2019, 09:41 AM