Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The sociology of players: the various kind of MnF Users
(01-29-2019, 07:58 AM)Boris327 Wrote: A new Category I'd like to add. I don't know if it intermingles with my other categories. Is it a new one or a variety of others? Is it a sociological or a personal attitude? I'll let you judge , I'm not sure. Anyway, this style is so typical and special for me, when I met it, that I propose:

The Dis-Abused

I'm in the gang of the Dis-Abused
Oh Yeah! What a big category that one, and yes, in a sociological way of seeing it, they are the same IRL, the pessimistic by nature, why not bring it here? Why not share it with others? YEP!
You are right, they can be funny, they can be dramatic, they can be sarcastic, they can gring all sort of things, the diference for the stray cats it's, in a very portuguese expression, the dis-abused look to a glass of water and saw it half empty, the stray cats saw it half full! Pessimistic/optimistic...
To be simple is to be great
Yeah, Tania, I was just thinking something like that about that difference but I forgot to write it.

Excellent.
Let's recap' the list with the little last propositions

@Boris327

The BLOATED HEAD BOURGEOISIE (BHB): The high-class of the game, high level with big money, and who stay between themselves most of the time, unless for some servants, subs and occasional lower-class sex interests. They frequently take themselves a bit too seriously. Like old vampires, they seem to lose interest in sex as their power grow.

The CLASSICAL DISTANT-HEARTED NARCISSISTIC PERVERT (CDHNP): like the psychoanalytical classical type (google it or read about it in libraries), he will manipulate your heart and vampirize you. Frequently rich and powerful but not to be confounded with the BHB. Girls, whatever we tell you and whatever he does to you and whatever proofs you have, you will try to find a tender heart behind Grey's chest in RL life or IG. He's just the bastard he seems. But we know you won't listen until your own heart has been broken.

The DIS-ABUSED: world is grey, and everything will spoil. Why caring? Let's be decadent, sarcastic, joke about the lame strategies of those who try or hope something... The pessimistic opposite of the Stray Cat (this last remark added by @Simple Tania).

The DRAMA QUEENS: they can be male or female. They love drama, simple. They love marriages, divorces, cheating, separation, hidden crushes. "Sorry, hun, love cannot be controlled, bye forever!". Suffering is as important to them as attraction. It's not only about sex or love that they love drama, but in every activity of the game. Their friend or lover must not only be cool, he must satisfy all their psychological needs and guess them.

The 50 SECONDS FROM GREED: a very low resistance to frustration. Rejection or even not answering make them "ignore-list" you, insult you, or trolling you... "Why don't you fuck immediately, it's a game!". The concept of seduction is quite silly to them.

The JOKER ETERNALS: as their name says, they joke all the time, never leave a second degree fun attitude and madness. Like the medieval "Fool of the King", they're accepted by many, their strength being in their mad and imaginative opacity. They can be fascinating.

The NATURAL BORN KLEADERS (NBK): simple, the natural leaders of the game. They have "this" talent. They are club leaders, social gurus, administrators, some become natural moderators. They have speech charisma and know how to please the general crowd. Devoted fans follow them frequently.

The NO-WAY-TO-APPROACH-ME-EXCEPT-A-FEW-SECRET-SENTENCES-THAT-I-HAVE-IN-MIND-BUT-THAT-I-WILL-NEVER-REVEAL (The NWTAMEAFSSTIHIMBTIWNR)... or in short NWNR: Those who are really hard to approach, who seem to come here to say "no" to nearly everyone, except for a few extremely rare kind of persons.

The SEX HUNS: They come here just to relieve themselves in sex. They're good at it and probably have a good sexual life in RL. They make it rough and good. Not very interested in social relations but generally friendly with their lovers before and after.

The STRAY CATS: the free spirits of the game, they try every style of the game, depending on their moods, come here irregularly. Frequently good writers. Their flaw: hidden sentimentality.

@hankypanky

1. Immediately start an RP
2. Hey how are you *these are the worst*
3. Start with discussing/acting on your bio
4. Have a conversation about common interests
5. Exp help

@Jenna-X

The ASSAULTERS: the rapers ans skin-touchers in PMs, but they did it without your slightest consent.

The FISHERMEN or PHISHERMEN: Dangerous, devious, sneaky, they try to guess your RL identity or where you leave in RL. Be careful, they can be wolves in sheep's skin.

The REVENGERS: they think you've been wrong to them so it gives them the "right" to get a revenge on you by every computer-way (photoshops, pics, rumors, copy and paste of conversation or "rooms"...) or displaying to people everything you've told them.

@jsbro

The FALSE EXPERIENCED R-PER: likes RP but not very good at it, in fact, in terms of vocabulary and imagination. He'll let you do the bulk of the RP. Very close to the LEVEL 1 "WANNA RP" MYSTERY GUY of Purest_Elf.

The TRUE EXPERIENCED R-PER: simple: good at RP, good writing and plays the game to the end, knows how to create the tension until the climax. The PURE ONE sub-category stays 1st level only.

@Purest_Elf

The LEVEL 1 “WANNA RP?” MYSTERY GUY: he wants to RP but he accepts every style without initiative. We suppose he just wants to excite himself quickly while reading.

The “REJECTION IMMUNE” FUTANARI (RIF): he failed as playing a man, so he became a futanari to have more luck. Simple.

The WHITEST BBC: they play such a caricature of the BBC that you can suspect they're in fact white boys. A way to catch the BBC-addicted girls.

@Simple Tania

The FANTASY FOLKS: a lot of us are Fantasy Folks, but in various ways... Inspired by the TV Show "How I met your mother". Compare yourself with one of the main character if you watch the show.

The BARNEY'S

The LILY'S

The MARSHALL'S

The ROBIN'S

The TED'S

@SissyNektar

The ESCALATOR: he/she (mostly he?) jumps to an extremely hard proposition at the next PM without any caution or any sign of you of a specific interest in it. For example: "How are you? Nice day, isn't it?" "Fine, and you?" "Well, I'd like to fuck yur ass with a spined dildo".... "Mmmm..." (you searching for the ignore click or fleeing to another server or trying to find a smart sarcasm)

OK, now, propose others. Boris-has-no-more-ideas-for-now (robotic voice). I'll have to plunge into the game for my researches, experiment, and cum back with fresh ideas. A few ideas on the side of my mind but quite blurry for now.
Haha, I have some dis-abused in me, but I like to call it disillusioned. I still find oppertunity for things to laugh about, and look forward to. So it's far from all doom and gloom!

I don't know if these have been brought up and I missed them (if so, I apologize!), but here are a few I notice a lot.

The Ebenezer's, people who focus their bio/profile on what they don't like. And because we often associate negativity with negative emotions, they easily come off as bitter and sour due to their lists of dislikes, don't wants, and don't cares. As opposed to someone focusing their bio/profile on positive aspects of what they like etc. There are many divergents to this group and they don't share the same focus in their bios/profiles, but the negative undertone is always there.

The Snobs, the ones who look down on f2p players, and see them as lessers. They shallowly base their judgement of people, purely on whether or not they have premium. Just as they are, their description is also shallow. Can't think of much else to say except maybe, if you are a f2p player and face this, don't let it get you down.

A group that I probably like the most, are those who just chill and chat in public, with anyone and everyone who wishes to join in. They just enjoy talking about anything and everything, and don't always have to control things. The vaster their area of discussion spans, the better. Anything from the philosophical meaning of existance to the intricacies of a good lasagna. A good discussion/argument always brightens the day. And the more who join in, the merrier. I dunno what I'd call them though, Talkers seems a bit boring.

Edit: Just saw the addition to the NBK, I would say I've never considered myself part of that group. For me, a major feature most of them share is narcissism, which tends to draw people in, but is a very egotistical trait. Not pointing out specific people, or saying all of them would be that way, but from my own experience, that's how it is.
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]
Hey, very interesting post, speaking about Categories that I recognized and saw, but didn't think about here. They have common points with some Categories already spoken about, or maybe are included in another, or cross another.

But it describes very specific Categories, frequently met.

The Ebenezer's could be confounded with the NWNR, but their negativity is concentrated on the bio, maybe a system of defense, and they can be more accessible than the NWNR if you avoid their "don't do" bio elements.

The Snobs (who reject the non-premium), can be some kind of BHB, but select by premium or non-premium specifically. Another name possible for them that I propose: The Anti-Cattle.

The Talkers... Mmmm.. I would propose the Loud Speakers (I am sometimes a Loud Speaker for fun but it is not a habit, it is a time-to-time fantasy depending of my mood, I am probably a Stray Cat, and I try everything).. I love to shake things and see what happens, playing the Loud Speaker is some kind of social scientific experiment. It is a way to make friends but also enemies: risky !!
I once got the eternal hate of a group of dire feminists-SJW... I couldn't resist it, it was fun... Like a mad scientist chemical experiment.

For the NBK, there is basically no negative point of view, neither positive, in my Category, about them. It is neutral. They exist. Their narcissistic version could be called... mmmm.. no idea for now. Let me think...
To Boris
From Stray Cat Tania
Kisses
[Image: 51429971_2128795970532887_47811222377364...e=5CBB4FE3]
To be simple is to be great
Oh, my gosh, Tania, such a nice present. I'll keep it forever... (I exaggerate a little, but not so much).

Sincerely, I'm touched, what a nice pic..
A new Category (or a division of the NBK):

The Gu-Ru-Ones

They have the charisma and the talent of (Kleading), but add to it narcissism, $, sex and, the most important, Control.
You don't follow them freely... but you don't know it.

Thanks to @Emmie.

To Tania:

PuRRRRrrrr
Here is a new actualization of all the Categories seen, for now, in this thread.

@Boris327

The BLOATED HEAD BOURGEOISIE (BHB): The high-class of the game, high level with big money, and who stay between themselves most of the time, unless for some servants, subs and occasional lower-class sex interests. They frequently take themselves a bit too seriously. Like old vampires, they seem to lose interest in sex as their power grow.

The CLASSICAL DISTANT-HEARTED NARCISSISTIC PERVERT (CDHNP): like the psychoanalytical classical type (google it or read about it in libraries), he will manipulate your heart and vampirize you. Frequently rich and powerful but not to be confounded with the BHB. Girls, whatever we tell you and whatever he does to you and whatever proofs you have, you will try to find a tender heart behind Grey's chest in RL life or IG. He's just the bastard he seems. But we know you won't listen until your own heart has been broken.

The DIS-ABUSED: world is grey, and everything will spoil. Why caring? Let's be decadent, sarcastic, joke about the lame strategies of those who try or hope something... The pessimistic opposite of the Stray Cat (this last remark added by @Simple Tania).

The DRAMA QUEENS: they can be male or female. They love drama, simple. They love marriages, divorces, cheating, separation, hidden crushes. "Sorry, hun, love cannot be controlled, bye forever!". Suffering is as important to them as attraction. It's not only about sex or love that they love drama, but in every activity of the game. Their friend or lover must not only be cool, he must satisfy all their psychological needs and guess them.

The 50 SECONDS FROM GREED: a very low resistance to frustration. Rejection or even not answering make them "ignore-list" you, insult you, or trolling you... "Why don't you fuck immediately, it's a game!". The concept of seduction is quite silly to them.

The GU-RU-ONES (quite inspired by a reflexion of @Emmie): NBK + narcissism.

The JOKER ETERNALS: as their name says, they joke all the time, never leave a second degree fun attitude and madness. Like the medieval "Fool of the King", they're accepted by many, their strength being in their mad and imaginative opacity. They can be fascinating.

The NATURAL BORN KLEADERS (NBK): simple, the natural leaders of the game. They have "this" talent. They are club leaders, social gurus, administrators, some become natural moderators. They have speech charisma and know how to please the general crowd. Devoted fans follow them frequently.

The NO-WAY-TO-APPROACH-ME-EXCEPT-A-FEW-SECRET-SENTENCES-THAT-I-HAVE-IN-MIND-BUT-THAT-I-WILL-NEVER-REVEAL (The NWTAMEAFSSTIHIMBTIWNR)... or in short NWNR: Those who are really hard to approach, who seem to come here to say "no" to nearly everyone, except for a few extremely rare kind of persons.

The SEX HUNS: They come here just to relieve themselves in sex. They're good at it and probably have a good sexual life in RL. They make it rough and good. Not very interested in social relations but generally friendly with their lovers before and after.

The STRAY CATS: the free spirits of the game, they try every style of the game, depending on their moods, come here irregularly. Frequently good writers. Their flaw: hidden sentimentality.

@Emmie

The EBENEZER'S: Those who only forbid things in their bio. Close to the NWNR, but they can be more tolerant and their "no" attitude is only concentrated in the restrictions of their bio.

The SNOBS (or the ANTI-CATTLE for @Boris327): some kind of BHB, but their rejection of the "lower classes" is only based on premium/non-premium selection.

The TALKERS (or the LOUD SPEAKERS for @Boris327): those who love to provoke public chats about varied subjects (public quarrels, to their delight, can be a consequence).

@hankypanky

1. Immediately start an RP
2. Hey how are you *these are the worst*
3. Start with discussing/acting on your bio
4. Have a conversation about common interests
5. Exp help

@Jenna-X

The ASSAULTERS: the rapers ans skin-touchers in PMs, but they did it without your slightest consent.

The FISHERMEN or PHISHERMEN: Dangerous, devious, sneaky, they try to guess your RL identity or where you leave in RL. Be careful, they can be wolves in sheep's skin.

The REVENGERS: they think you've been wrong to them so it gives them the "right" to get a revenge on you by every computer-way (photoshops, pics, rumors, copy and paste of conversation or "rooms"...) or displaying to people everything you've told them.

@jsbro

The FALSE EXPERIENCED R-PER: likes RP but not very good at it, in fact, in terms of vocabulary and imagination. He'll let you do the bulk of the RP. Very close to the LEVEL 1 "WANNA RP" MYSTERY GUY of Purest_Elf.

The TRUE EXPERIENCED R-PER: simple: good at RP, good writing and plays the game to the end, knows how to create the tension until the climax. The PURE ONE sub-category stays 1st level only.

@Purest_Elf

The LEVEL 1 “WANNA RP?” MYSTERY GUY: he wants to RP but he accepts every style without initiative. We suppose he just wants to excite himself quickly while reading.

The “REJECTION IMMUNE” FUTANARI (RIF): he failed as playing a man, so he became a futanari to have more luck. Simple.

The WHITEST BBC: they play such a caricature of the BBC that you can suspect they're in fact white boys. A way to catch the BBC-addicted girls.

@Simple Tania

The FANTASY FOLKS: a lot of us are Fantasy Folks, but in various ways... Inspired by the TV Show "How I met your mother". Compare yourself with one of the main character if you watch the show.

The BARNEY'S

The LILY'S

The MARSHALL'S

The ROBIN'S

The TED'S

@SissyNektar

The ESCALATOR: he/she (mostly he?) jumps to an extremely hard proposition at the next PM without any caution or any sign of you of a specific interest in it. For example: "How are you? Nice day, isn't it?" "Fine, and you?" "Well, I'd like to fuck yur ass with a spined dildo".... "Mmmm..." (you searching for the ignore click or fleeing to another server or trying to find a smart sarcasm)
I was going shopping this morning, my moment of Meditation. As I was walking back from the Mini-Market, it popped in my mind. The idea was somewhere inside my head, but I couldn't formulate it. Now, a new Category:

The STRATEGY-OPT-001

They are not necessarily the same as the BHB or NBK. "OPT" means "optimizing" here...

They are here for competition. The Game is a system of points, $ and XP, that has to be exploited for the best profitability.
A French player girl with whom I spoke once said to me that she was very competitive and that she liked to get XP and $ as fast as possible in the Game and used all the tricks to do that.

The Strategy-Opt-001 love to farm. They use themselves or their avatars to get as much $ in mini-games as possible, and will fight to know how to play the best the best mini-games. They can spend hours for that. After one day of farming, you can be quite rich (but your arm will hurt after clicking or moving the mouse so much. But no worry: they have methods not to have arm-pains).

As soon as new levels are available, they will have XP-fucks with the highest levels at disposal, using the most profitable poses with the most profitable system (the 5 minutes-one round pose with a premium pose is a classic).

The most extreme of the STRATEGY-OPT-001 can use two computers at the same time (or two whatever-sources or e-mails) to have two avatars work in team to attract naive players, flattered to have a sexy opportunistic 3some without apparent effort, to give them more XP-points (Seduction of the Innocent technical).

Using the trick of creating a new avatar each day is a basic (1000 $ without effort). The avatars then send the money to the basic character.
You can also use the talent of your avatars in the whore-house while you're in RL world. A few 10s of $ earned without pain isn't to be spit on.
Be seductive when you need to. You can have a lot in an auction. If you want to make your low-level one climb, work on the libido of the higher-levels. Using a sexy female-avatar on the pole is also good, it can give you a lot of $ and XP.
Farm! Farm! Work together with the other STRATEGY-Ones, they will recognize you.

They are gamers. They are "Beat it" ones. They are here to Win, even if "to win" isn't the real purpose of the Game, they can transform it in a "to Win" Game.

If a new level is authorized, be sure that they will reach it in one day. They will use all their allies to get it together.

AFTER all the levels will have been attained and all the clothes got and all the houses, apparts got, there are still other things to get: you just have to wait for the new things added by the Devs. Make allies, choose the right friends in BHB or NBK groups, or those like you, wait and... jump on the prey.

Waiting for that, you will find time to relax with your friends-in-game, chatting about various things, but ONLY after having used all the tricks.

... there are more examples of Strategy-Opt-001 methods, but I forgot them now. I will add them later.