Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The sociology of players: the various kind of MnF Users
(01-08-2019, 10:11 AM)Boris327 Wrote: Ahhhh, Simple Tania, what a pleasure to read you (it's no an empty compliment, it comes from my naive heart). The only sentence I didn't understand is "some of them ended here, you know the thread".. What did you mean, I didn't catch exactly the situation or the kind of attitude you described? Do you mean you pushed them to "infuriation point" or something like that?
https://www.mnfclub.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=209
enjoy!
To be simple is to be great
Ok....

Now I see.

I've understood all.

To THIS point?

I'll read it carefully during the next days.
That was my intuition, but I think reality is stronger that that.
(01-08-2019, 10:11 AM)Boris327 Wrote: Let's talk about the:

50 Seconds from Greed
Well, from a sociological pov, those are the worse, boring, sad, depressive, they easily enter in insults, trolling, and other stuff...
The only thing i disagree with you is that they are the same IRL, nope...people that act like them IRL don't play games my friend! They are real dangerous, sad but true(following the music innuendo)
So, sociological or psychological? Both! one don't replace the other, most of the times they complement each other...
Kisses
T
You're probably right. Those trolls look like those little street bullies I see sometimes in my neighborhood... and you're right, they don't play games.
Another Category:

The Drama Queens

Easy to understand who they are, hard to develop. The Drama Queens can be males or females, that's not the point.
They love relation complications. They love to argue about: "Does Kevin loves you, really?" " I don't know, he hasn't logged in since three days.. I think he's tired of me..." "Ohhhh, dear, come here!... Big hug***"

As the new fashion of getting married has developed in the game, they will.. yes, you guessed... quite probably get married at least once. Or at least, they will be fiancée or they will have an official BF or GF (Boy-friend/Girl-Friend) (It's their right).

With getting married , comes the problem of divorcing or cheating on your love partner. It will frequently happen. One day or another...

The sufferance, the questions... the "heroism" of "leaving" the love subject is nearly as important as getting close to him/her.

It is so romantic.

The Drama Queens won't necessarily quarrel or question about love matters. They will also quarrel about Club problems, for example, make meetings about: "Should we expel John from the Club, he hasn't been very active since those last weeks?"... "He's a social traitor!"... "I wouldn't say that, he hasn't seemed very motivated since quite a time. It would be better for him to leave us!"

Or you could be "Ignored-listed" because you just wrote on your bio that you are fond of Jennifer.
"Hi, how are you, Brenda, you seem interesting..."
"How dare you? Stay with your Jennifer, if you like her so!"
"But.. I just wanted to t..." (IGNORE LIST)

Or the Drama Queen could de-friend you just because you didn't come on the game this last week. You have a real life, but that doesn't matter. REMOVED FROM FRIEND LIST.

(They love to make a friend-list tour regularly, just to have the nobility to de-friend those who didn't get in touch with them recently or, maybe, who have a little forgotten what was their kick, or who were not there at the same time as them those last weeks: The Monthly Friend-List Purification).

I know, I know, I'm a bit ironic, not very comprehensive... A typical De-Friend candidate for the next weeks... ***Gasp***

You didn't understand that behind this misanthropic heart beats a sentimental heart. I have a secret tenderness for the Drama Queens. They take it a bit too seriously but they want to find true love (or just true friendship) through the Game . It is understandable. Something high and true.
They want to reach the stars, or Heaven.
I'm not even ironic when I say that.

Their weakness and their natural predator:

The Classical Distant-Hearted Narcissistic Pervert.. that I could speak about later, even if you can already know a lot of things about them with Google or psychology books.
"But, you know, under his rough skin, hides a tender heart..." ... you can always believe it.

I have the feeling that I could say more about the Drama Queens. I'll have to meditate about that. I'll add a few elements maybe later...
(01-13-2019, 01:13 PM)Boris327 Wrote: Another Category:

The Drama Queens

I have the feeling that I could say more about the Drama Queens. I'll have to meditate about that. I'll add a few elements maybe later...

My dear Boris...I've no doubts you and we'll HAVE a lot more to say about them... In this category, i'm sure they are drama queens either IG or IRL... not something you decide to be, you NEED to born with!!!

PS It shows how MUCH I "love" this category????

Kisses
T
Hmmm.. Explain. You "love" this category? Because you play with them or because you fell for some of them?

I have some friends here, or even "love interests", or "X interests", who are or were quite Drama Queens. And I know that they cannot help but to be like that. It's not a drawback. It's just like that. And the cautious guy I've become, shy of the disasters caused by too much drama, makes me stay behind some limits with "them". Even if I had some sentimental weakness for some of them. Another of their flaw: expecting the absolute with others, so much that no physical human being could give energy enough for that.
(01-14-2019, 02:37 PM)Boris327 Wrote: Hmmm.. Explain. You "love" this category? Because you play with them or because you fell for some of them?

I have some friends here, or even "love interests", or "X interests", who are or were quite Drama Queens. And I know that they cannot help but to be like that. It's not a drawback. It's just like that. And the cautious guy I've become, shy of the disasters caused by too much drama, makes me stay behind some limits with "them". Even if I had some sentimental weakness for some of them. Another of their flaw: expecting the absolute with others, so much that no physical human being could give energy enough for that.

Because i have no more patience for drama in my life... I know they can't help, that's who they are, but ... i... just..., don't... give... a... fuck!
So yeah, the "love" means exactly that, a big, nasty, fat, sarcastic shit!

PS And if you 'read me' you would know that not even by chance i fell for anyone of those specimens...

#stopdramanow
You guys have really summed up several specific types or classes or facets of our society. You have omitted a few. The fishermen for instance and the dreaded revengers. Don't forget those who make up the sharpened tip spear either those intrepid assaulters.

The fisherman or phisherman wants to identify you whether it is so they can show up in your home town and beg you for a date or gather data for more nefarious purposes. I'm obviously 18+ as I'm playing the game. I'm a citizen of the country I listed and if I wanted you to know more I'd put it in my bio. You don't get streets I've lived on, my mother's maiden name, my place of residence or my pets name. Don't phish its freaking annoying. This isn't a dating site its an MMO sex game. Try to have some fun.

The revengers are in game solely to right whatever perceived wrong they feel has been committed against them and frankly there are some really messed up folks on the island. They'll send newly created level ones to find you and track your moves in the game and screenshot your general chat. Be careful who you friend as they are hard to shake. They'll send photoshopped art of you engaged in sex complete with explicit chat of you begging for more. When that doesn't work they will just come right out and threaten to destroy you or your love interest. They may even engage fishermen to help them complete their life's mission. I used to wear sunglasses so they might get my eyes wrong in a photoshop. I realized something the last time though. If they've never had sex with me then they have no idea how I behave. I stopped worrying about them after that.

The last group I mention, the assaulter, is a protected class in MnF as they can say anything they want to another player under the guise of a roleplay approach. I know right, it doesn't matter how far they've crammed their dick up your butt or whether they have you pinned to the ground or just bound up as they sexually assault you. They can do whatever the hell they want in a PM. Its just a game right?

The terms of service specifically state.. yeah I copied it from the FAQ
1. When using the Service, you will not harm other members. You will not harass, bully, intimidate, threaten, or stalk any member, or make rude. You are prohibited from using the Service for an unlawful purpose or to take an action for the primary purpose of reducing the enjoyment of the Service by another user.

If the player *creeps up behind you and lifts your skirt and shoves my dick deep in your ass* then they have sexually assaulted my avatar and raped it. If this doesn't reduce my enjoyment of the game 100% and potentially ruin my attitude for the entire evening I'm not sure what will.

Thank god the devs have seen fit to tie up some goats out back in the form of NPCs to give they morons something to take their frustration and hate out upon. Maybe they will leave us alone and more of us will stay in the game.

I've held off on the machine gun PM'er who tries to hammer you to their will and a few other types as I need a little more time to contemplate them.

I've enjoyed this thread so far.
Hmm.. I don't know what to say about those harassing categories. It must not be easy sometimes to be a girl on this game. From what I could see or read, they can be very intrusive, apparently (it happened to a friend of mine who was really exhausted by a very annoying one of this type who has used a bug or a bypass to reach her even if she ignored him). It is more easy for us boys, we don't have a lot this harassing problem.

My only advice: irony or playing the dumb to make them believe that THEY have given up with you because you're too weird or not at their level.

Thats' all I can say, but, anyway, many thanks for your additions in this thread and thanks for the compliment.

Kiss from Boris

I love your hashtag, Tania.

#stopdramanow