Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tits as big as your head: Recording MnF Club and Other Tech Questions
Since it got asked in the FAQ and I know there have been folks who have not only taken screenshots but videos as well, I thought it'd be good to have a thread where less camera-shy folks could post some suggestions for how to make their screenshots and videos look good. I personally made a number of GIFs when I was running the official Twitter account, but my hardware expertise is lacking and I'd very much appreciate some help from the more tech-savvy members of the forum.

First, my software of choice:
- GIMP for screen captures and image editing
- Open Broadcaster Software for video capture
- VSDC for video editing

All free, all fairly easy to use.

Now my computer is far from a powerhouse, but here's an example of what I've been able to produce with it:

[Image: PeacefulEllipticalBull.gif]

This is with a 2 GB GeForce GT 730 video card, Pentium G4400 Skylake dual-core processor, and 16 MB RAM. As I understand it, given that this is a Flash game with no exotic hardware-accelerated effects, MnF Club relies mostly on a strong CPU and RAM. The is especially apparent in high-pop areas such as the beach or Wild West, where performance can easily tank.

And that's all I've got for now. The one rule I ask is: Do not post other players' names in videos or screenshots without their permission -- which should either be posted or preferably within the image/video itself. Otherwise, feel free to post questions/comments/examples of your work!
[Image: tumblr_m5n0e4lflM1ryds47o8_r1_250.gif]
(10-06-2018, 07:59 PM)JCF Wrote: Since it got asked in the FAQ and I know there have been folks who have not only taken screenshots but videos as well, I thought it'd be good to have a thread where less camera-shy folks could post some suggestions for how to make their screenshots and videos look good. I personally made a number of GIFs when I was running the official Twitter account, but my hardware expertise is lacking and I'd very much appreciate some help from the more tech-savvy members of the forum.

First, my software of choice:
- GIMP for screen captures and image editing
- Open Broadcaster Software for video capture
- VSDC for video editing

All free, all fairly easy to use.

Now my computer is far from a powerhouse, but here's an example of what I've been able to produce with it:

This is with a 2 GB GeForce GT 730 video card, Pentium G4400 Skylake dual-core processor, and 16 MB RAM. As I understand it, given that this is a Flash game with no exotic hardware-accelerated effects, MnF Club relies mostly on a strong CPU and RAM. The is especially apparent in high-pop areas such as the beach or Wild West, where performance can easily tank.

And that's all I've got for now. The one rule I ask is: Do not post other players' names in videos or screenshots without their permission -- which should either be posted or preferably within the image/video itself. Otherwise, feel free to post questions/comments/examples of your work!

I use Gyazo  to create my GIFS which can be found here  www.gyazo.com

[Image: fcb7cf08f17adaca0f507f95dfdd9f09.gif]

But here is a video, which explains everything https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZshrwI2lzE

Gyazo supports the current and prior major releases of the following web browsers and OS (Operating System) versions.
Supported OS
Windows 7, 8.1, 10
Mac  OS X 10.7 or later

Supported Web browsers
Gyazo supports the current and prior major releases of modern browsers, such as the latest version of [url=https://www.google.com/chrome]Google Chrome, Safari, and Firefox.
On a Windows PC, please use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge (for Windows 10 only)
Visit the MnF Ambassador site for information MnF Clans..  (Please contact me to list your clan)
[Image: ambassador-ani3.gif?w=736]
I use GifCam. It's free, light and very powerful.

You can find it here http://blog.bahraniapps.com/gifcam/ along with some explanations about its use.
[Image: GafpYad.jpg]