Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Suggestions Sub-Thread #3 - The Rest
(07-29-2018, 10:59 PM)Zephyr Wrote: Amberlicious
You can put a country in bio but searching would require a search option that we don’t have.  A search option would be good on so many levels apart from country.  It is being covered.

Hi Zephyr

You are right that we can add a country to our bio and a flag, but this wasn't what I meant. I listed others games with and without this feature and I think the searc feature kills the public social aspect of the game. All games with search feature don't have strong public places like we do. Most players stay at their hideouts searching partners... While here the hunters must go out to catch their prey - and this is a good thing Smile

I think the problem we are trying to solve with this search feature is to find players with compatible kinks. The solution to this isn't a search, but a better profile with more fields. Improving profiles is easy to implement. Most fields could be simple boolean or short text with standard dropdown options and would make little impact in the DB and structure of the game. The biggest challenge is on the profile interface that need to accomodate more options.  

Having an open search feature combined with mass messaging is a recipe for disaster and annoying spam. Imagine being colded from stranger in the privacy of my own home!!!!
"All human judgement is uncertain. The errors of a judge, however innocently or unintentionally committed have consequences as serious as the crimes of others. Judging is a duty to be performed when it cannot be honourably avoided and never a privilege to be coveted."

Messages In This Thread
Suggestions Sub-Thread #3 - The Rest - by Zephyr - 06-27-2018, 06:36 PM
RE: Suggestions Sub-Thread #3 - The Rest - by -J- - 07-23-2018, 03:48 AM
RE: Suggestions Sub-Thread #3 - The Rest - by Amberlicious - 07-29-2018, 11:54 PM
RE: Suggestions Sub-Thread #3 - The Rest - by -J- - 08-09-2018, 12:37 AM
RE: Suggestions Sub-Thread #3 - The Rest - by KRR - 06-15-2019, 05:04 AM
RE: Suggestions Sub-Thread #3 - The Rest - by -J- - 06-17-2019, 12:39 AM
RE: Suggestions Sub-Thread #3 - The Rest - by Vex - 02-18-2020, 02:51 AM