Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Moderators, and what you (always) wanted to know about them
Technically, I'm a former forum and in-game moderator at this point. I help run the Discord server and I've still got the shield on J, but I no longer have mod powers here on the forums, and I haven't logged into the mod panel since I went on what's turned out to be a permanent hiatus. And if I do lose the shield, I have no plans to get it back.

For a start, the one question I got a lot was: "How do you become a moderator?" The first step is to ask. But realistically, I have forgotten three-quarters of the people who asked because I believed at least one of the following were true:
- They have ever been banned.
- They have not contributed helpful reports.
- They don't have the patience and level head to deal with people who often are having a really shitty day.
- They are prone to conflict.
- They don't have the time or interest in going above and beyond the bare minimum.
- They just want free shit.

I'd also like to point out what rights moderators do not have. They cannot:
- Grant exp, in-game cash, or premium access.
- Reveal a player's other avatars to another person. (Note that a warning applies to the account, not just one avatar.)
- Tell you how many days you have left on your premium account.
- Forcibly return in-game cash.

As for what abilities and rights moderators have, I will defer that to the current team. What I can say is that moderators are trusted with a lot of information. And they are sworn to protect everyone on MnF whether they like them or not. Whether they are male, female, somewhere in between, or none of the above. If they're suspected of playing favorites, that'll be questioned very carefully by other mods. They communicate, they discuss, they sometimes bicker. And it's all to protect you.

They screw up plenty of times. They will make enemies. They discover shocking things that they simply cannot reveal. And they will encounter a great deal of heart-wrenching situations. Friends that they'll need to take action against. And mistakes that will absolutely need to be corrected. And the only payment they currently get here is a free premium account (Again, if you seriously just want this job because you want free shit, you are already the wrong person for it).

It's not an easy job. But it's a rewarding one... if you can handle the pressure that's on you. I'm a little late on Vrook and Ally_Stark, but congrats to you both, and keep up the good work! And remember: If someone starts calling for you to be fired for a bullshit reason... then congratulations. You have officially popped your cherry.
[Image: tumblr_m5n0e4lflM1ryds47o8_r1_250.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Moderators, and what you (always) wanted to know about them - by -J- - 02-28-2018, 07:30 PM
RE: Moderators, and what you (always) wanted to know about them - by ForcedFanatic789 - 07-03-2018, 11:04 PM