Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guys are as delicate as a nuclear rocket
Is it too much to ask to be POLITE when you come to a girl ?

God dammit treating us like objects.
Many of the guys I encounter when playing as Roselynn honestly make me ashamed. But there are plenty of gentleman playing; unfortunately they are not the ones who will typically bombard you with PMs. I only ever play on Beaver Bash and spend maybe 90% of my time in the Alley, but plenty of the guys there are polite and respectful.. and if they are not then they don't normally stay for too long.
Nuclear rocket...hey that's pretty neat, I could see myself rp-ing a nuke. Big Grin
Nah but really, relax, take a deep breath, don't let all the nasty stuff get to you, it's never worth it. There are plenty of polite guys who are looking for a partner with some substance and depth rather than the staple quick fuck and verbal assault. Just try and not gun them down before when they do show up because you're already worked up from the toxic ones.
Leave your shame and your doubts at the door. 
Because guys always forget that ladies are as delicate as flowers, trim em right and they'll bloom, treat em rough and they'll go boom.

Oh it rhymes Tongue
I'm from Sweden so guys have been dressing in pink for ages and girls can be mechanics. We even have a non gendered word that is fairly commonly used, which applies to most if not all of Scandinavia as well. That rhyme is kinda offensive, even if you didn't mean it that way. Wanting to be treated with respect has nothing to do with being delicate. Hope that makes sense to you.

PS
I'm not angry, nor am I trying to attack you.
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]
(01-11-2016, 04:44 PM)Emmie Wrote: I'm from Sweden so guys have been dressing in pink for ages and girls can be mechanics. We even have a non gendered word that is fairly commonly used, which applies to most if not all of scandinavia as well. That rhyme is kinda offensive, even if you didn't mean it that way. Wanting to be treated with respect has nothing to do with being delicate. Hope that makes sense to you.

PS
I'm not angry, nor am I trying to attack you.

A valid point, Emmie. I'm sure no offense was meant, but I also saw it that way then first read.

I prefer to be treated with respect, as I'm sure most people do, especially by those attempting to speak with me for the first time. I'm not a delicate flower, I just want more than a quick 'fuck'. Also, plenty of the girls I am friends with here are certainly not the kind you would consider delicate.

And back to the original point made; I would say of the PM's I receive from female players, when compared to those that female players receive from the male players, a higher percentage are blunt and just asking for sex. All genders/identities in the game send straightforward messages, and all send friendly and charming messages.
From my point of view I see it as guys not knowing how to approach. I'm not making excuses for guys on here I just mean when I first started the game I saw it as a "sex game where everyone is raring to go" but I learned quickly that that's not the case. The problem with most guys here is that they cant grasp the fact that this is just as much as a social game as a sex game if not more. I honestly still have trouble approaching a girl I don't know because I feel a simple "hi" means I'm not trying hard enough. My point is that if you're a guy who thinks those one-liners in solo MnF games work then you should be open to work on your approach and there is no shame in being a novice. As for the guys who think theyre hot shit and treat people like they're here to serve you, back off because youre giving the rest of us a bad name.

(01-11-2016, 10:56 PM)Sapphire94 Wrote: From my point of view I see it as guys not knowing how to approach. I'm not making excuses for guys on here I just mean when I first started the game I saw it as a "sex game where everyone is raring to go" but I learned quickly that that's not the case. The problem with most guys here is that they cant grasp the fact that this is just as much as a social game as a sex game if not more. I honestly still have trouble approaching a girl I don't know because I feel a simple "hi" means I'm not trying hard enough. My point is that if you're a guy who thinks those one-liners in solo MnF games work then you should be open to work on your approach and there is no shame in being a novice. As for the guys who think theyre hot shit and treat people like they're here to serve you, back off because youre giving the rest of us a bad name.

Nicely put Sapphire, I agree the Noobs dont know the difficulties inherent in the game, But some of the level 5's should know better!!!!
I guess its kind of a society problem, so many cultures in here, so many diferent people...just saying this is a sex game and for that everything goes, is just a lame excuse for not trying, not to improve yourself, for exemple, im Portuguese, so English is not my language, but after starting playing this game, i write english much better, so thats a big improvment to me...as the respect woman and man deserve, is the same, people much improve in that to...i guess the people that play for a long time, dont do that stuff anymore (i never did, but im older, im from a diferent generation), as for the newcomers(we all start as that) we have to teach them in the game, talking to them, explain that we are there for a while, that we dont see the game as they do, that if they keep playing soon they realize what we say, if more of us (the veterans) do that, i guess we make a better game, for all...
I have been trying a little education with some newer players occasionally. If they PM something I find rude I hit the ignore, wait a few minutes, then unignore and explain what I didn't like about their approach. Some continue to be rude and they get ignored forever but some are apologetic and seem to want to understand what is more acceptable.
Heart juicylucy