Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Light and life - duality
I watched two movies (animation ones) that left me thinking about life and how we perceive it, so I came up with this.

A dust, a tiny speckle of life
Invulgar form of light
A particule that was bouncing
Clashing instead of meeting
Reacting instead of acting
A mere dust in the wind

A sound, the little vibration of life
Astonishing shape of light
A frequency that has been heard
Amplifying instead of reducing
Broadening instead of narrowing
The rare case of life's duality
"There's a time for daring and there's a time for caution, and a wise man understands which is called for"
Blaise Pascal, one of the greatest philosopher, said : "le silence éternel de ces espaces infinis m'effraie" (the eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me)
The duality you're speaking of, it's mankind awareness of his mortality?
Making a girl smile can be much more rewarding than bedding her...
In a way, yes. But I written this one thinking not as much as a thought on our mortality but in the way that certain events happen, shaping us, molding us, sometimes even making us completly change ourselves into something we only dream of. The two movies that I base this on (or gave the inspiration to write this) were japanese ones, "Your Name" and "A Silent Voice". The last one really touched me, because in a way I see myself as the main male protagonist, I was kind of a jerk while growing up and most the times wouldn't care if I hurt the other. And I'm kind of going through the same maturing state he goes through.
"There's a time for daring and there's a time for caution, and a wise man understands which is called for"