Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why Didnt you get a warning
It's a bit down to each moderator like JCF said. On the forum, if someone has 100% (moderators can choose time and how much % they give with each warning) and still goes against the rules, they'll be banned. In-game, you don't really have that %, but if you've gotten a fair number of warnings, it's probably gonna become 24h bans eventually, and even perma if you never learn. But it all comes down to what you did, who deals with the report and so on, so it's hard to say exactly.
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]
Hmm...well first of all, if you're banned like that (at initial example) you still get the reason for the ban via email, as far as I know.

As for IRL, if you killed someone, the "cop" doesn't send you to jail, a judge and a justice system does after you're found guilty. Arbitrary powers to cops have been frowned upon entirely, being "judge-and-jury" because it was always aware that cops are people too.

On the warning side, I do believe there are laws in which shooting someone, criminal or not, must only come after a warning, first verbal, then a warning shot, before excessive force is used.

So yes, of course everybody understands warnings are given. The issue is when they're not, as that seems discretionary and it's not allowing the specific user to comprehend the likeliness of a ban.

According to the Terms of Service, article 1. "You will not harass, bully, intimidate, threaten or stalk any member or make rude comments about a member". Nowhere does it say Moderators are not to be questioned or talk to in contradiction. If a Moderator can't handle being questioned, it doesn't show much "moderation" in my own personal opinion. 

Furthermore, article 5. says "We have volunteers and staff participants who are authorized by us to moderate activities in MNF Club...and they may take appropriate action when they see TOS violations". Where is the TOS violation of politely trying to reason with a Moderator after a perceived unjustified ban?

The people that enforce the law are not above it.
In all criminal systems, the people who are entrusted with those attributes are those that are held to a higher accountability than any simple person.
To expand on what Barbie said, the one major check on the in-game mods' power (and that of forum mods) is the support email which Vadim regularly checks and responds to. It is not uncommon for in-game bans to be overturned after review for a number of reasons, including judgment calls made for valid reasons (a number seem to be jokes gone horribly wrong; don't kid about being under 18 when you're clearly not!).

Another check on that power? Other mods! If one gets too trigger-happy -- or doesn't pull the trigger on a ban that seemed obvious to another -- I can guarantee you they hear about it. Because another mod will get the question "Why was so-and-so banned, they/a friend wanted to know what happened," and then there's a discussion -- some brief, a few longer. If it's because of an error that can be corrected, changes happen.

None of the moderators on MnF do their job in a vacuum.
[Image: tumblr_m5n0e4lflM1ryds47o8_r1_250.gif]
Edit: We've had two people pick fights with mods in this thread in a row now, both of whom were lying formerly banned users in-game (whose posts I deleted because as I said, they were both completely full of shit). Closing this thread before a third person comes out of the woodwork and shoots themselves in the foot.
[Image: tumblr_m5n0e4lflM1ryds47o8_r1_250.gif]