Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Art Programs
A couple of days ago I found on Humble Bundle Marmoset Hexels ( http://store.steampowered.com/app/428340/ ). On Steam this costs almost 50 NZD but if You're reading this when I post this you can get it on Humble Bundle for 7 NZD and a bunch of other fantastic software. If you want some cool art programs you should head over to Humble Bundle NOW DO IT DO IT NOW DO IT!

Hexels is a super cute program that uses patterns such as isometric, hexagonal or mosaic shapes to paint on. I'm terrible at explaining it, just check out the steam page and watch the trailer. It even comes with an animator to make it even better. I've been slacking off on drawing for a while but this program makes we really want to get back into it (as soon as I have a desk again).
   Hilarious - TIME Magazine                                                                 Nothing else quite like her - Morgan Freeman
                                                   Absoloutley Sensational - Obama
      Who is Sasso? - Man I met on the bus                           Truly the MnF forumer of our time - Steven Hawking
I bought the bundle. xD Didn't cost much so even if I end up not enjoying it or just really suck at it, I haven't lost all that much. ^^
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]
I think it's a great program. Even if you don't have a drawing pad to use it with, because it's so grid based you could even make something amazing with just a mouse!
   Hilarious - TIME Magazine                                                                 Nothing else quite like her - Morgan Freeman
      Who is Sasso? - Man I met on the bus                           Truly the MnF forumer of our time - Steven Hawking
I do not own a drawing pad, but I've been meaning to get one someday. Only 50 euro ish, so it's not too big an investment anyways. ^^ And looking forward to giving the program a try!
A couple of days ago I found out that my new flatmate has a Cintiq tablet, which I've wanted for a loooong time. I have an Intuos tablet which cost me $100 NZD, which is pretty much as low as a drawing tablet would go. The difference between an Intuos and a Cintiq is that a Cintiq has a screen and an Intuos doesn't. A Cintiq is like drawing on an Ipad, wheras an Intuos is like drawing on a piece of paper but it only showed up on another piece of paper across the room.

Actually that's a terrible explanation just look at them here
http://www.wacom.com/en-nz/products/pen-displays
http://www.wacom.com/en-nz/products/pen-tablets
Haha, I'll probably swing by a techie store and ask around a bit, see what they recommend etc.