Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glory Hole Record
Glory Hole Record:

Irina2016 and Akkela: 9120!

Are you kidding me?

How do they do it?
Happiness is a warm cunt
memory manipulation, that's how. and Protukatel is cheating too, his glory hole scores are not even close to legit.
Well, thank you for pointing that out, but I don't think the dev' will care about it.
Let's see the bright sight of this world!
If reaching the too of a leaderboard for a boring minigame on an MMO is necessary to feeling validated, I think you may need to reevaluate.

Let these people cheat there way to a meaningless 'achievement'
if you don't have an opinion - go pixel fuck someone, Sharp! Noone is arguing how important the high scores lists are! with your lazy "let them cheat" attitude there would be no MnF!
Erm, what? Nobody said I don't have an opinion. And how would not having an opinion necessitate 'pixel fucking' somebody? And in what way is my opinion lazy? And how would it stop MnF from existing?
Enslaver, you don't have to be so bitter. Sharp only said that, if people like cheating, let them be. It's the people who are cheating who are lazy.

But I don't understand how it would be no MnF with a "lazy" attitude.
Let's see the bright sight of this world!
First, Enslaver: Telling someone to "go pixel-fuck someone" is a lazy argumentative thrust in itself. And as far as the idea of laziness meaning there'd be no MnF? I think it's been established by now that a lazy attitude not only made MnF what it is today, it's part of its bizarre charm.

Second, Sharp:

(08-26-2016, 04:55 PM)Sharp Wrote: If reaching the too of a leaderboard for a boring minigame on an MMO is necessary to feeling validated, I think you may need to reevaluate.

Let these people cheat there way to a meaningless 'achievement'

I'm a little surprised by this.

Earlier this month, you complained very publicly about lack of accountability in MnF. Isn't this a symptom of the same disease? Maybe it's a pimple compared to a gaping chest wound, and there are other things that need to be addressed first. But I think anyone who manages to get a high score in a game I can barely stand for the tedious 3-1/2 minutes or so it takes to play deserves at least to have their moment of triumph -- however minuscule that moment might seem to anyone else. If the scores aren't legit, they should be removed. If for some reason it's impossible to tell, then clearly another "mechanics" update is in order.

At least you both seem to agree on this: regardless of opinions on playing the game to win, anyone hacking the boring minigame of an MMO should probably ask themselves why they're doing it here and not on an MMO where they might get more attention.
[Image: tumblr_m5n0e4lflM1ryds47o8_r1_250.gif]
JCF, people made it very clear that they have no interest in others being held to account for their actions. In fact, those of us who initially tried to make that happen were made out to be the criminals. So I'm just trying to have the same attitude that others here have.

Or is the attitude "this person hasn't wronged me personally so the person 'wronged' is a liar, but this person has wronged me in a totally irrelevant way and so must suffer the wrath of hell!"?

But, going back to my original point, I'm not saying that we should let hackers and/cheaters just do whatever they please; I'm saying get mad at things that actually have some kind of effect on the community. I've never looked at the high scores for the mini games, because it isn't really something I think matters. If somebody wants to have their name at the top of that board, fine, but if they are going to let it bother them that they won't get the personal validation from it ever happening, then I do feel they need a bit of perspective.

Sure, seeing your name at the top of a leaderboard can be nice, but it's still meaningless. As long as inside you know personally that you did well, isn't that what really counts?

I have no issue with people who want to put the effort in to legitimately reach high up on a leaderboard, just to be clear. I just think that there are far bigger and more important things going on, even just in MnF, that are more deserving of people's anger and desire for some form if justice.
Since I've helped derail the thread enough, I'll focus back on topic too and ask everyone else to do the same:

(08-27-2016, 06:23 AM)Sharp Wrote: But, going back to my original point, I'm not saying that we should let hackers and/cheaters just do whatever they please; I'm saying get mad at things that actually have some kind of effect on the community. I've never looked at the high scores for the mini games, because it isn't really something I think matters. If somebody wants to have their name at the top of that board, fine, but if they are going to let it bother them that they won't get the personal validation from it ever happening, then I do feel they need a bit of perspective.

Sure, seeing your name at the top of a leaderboard can be nice, but it's still meaningless. As long as inside you know personally that you did well, isn't that what really counts?

I have no issue with people who want to put the effort in to legitimately reach high up on a leaderboard, just to be clear. I just think that there are far bigger and more important things going on, even just in MnF, that are more deserving of people's anger and desire for some form if justice.

I too hope no one's losing sleep over the state of minigame leaderboards on MnF, and it really shouldn't be fixed before other issues. But I can understand annoyance at high scores as a result of exploits getting in the way of figuring out how you did compared to other people. Which, yes, has some meaning even if it's so unimportant to me personally that I've consistently forgetten how I did within 5 minutes of playing one of these minigames.

Also, this:

[Image: tumblr_m5n0e4lflM1ryds47o8_r1_250.gif]