Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I would like to have an argument, please!
(08-07-2016, 09:23 PM)busyman2 Wrote: Hi Cath.  Yeah, after I spoke to Emmie and she's apparently resolved whatever issues moderators and other forum users had with me, I didn't log onto my system in a couple of days, and today found myself banned.  So while I wait for the moderators to clear things up for me as to what happened during the two days that I was absent that caused the ban - onto your topic Smile

Doesn't look like anything got resolved to me. But I may be wrong. Thoughts?
(08-07-2016, 10:27 PM)Sharp Wrote: Doesn't look like anything got resolved to me. But I may be wrong. Thoughts?

In theory, it is possible for you to be wrong. Arguments are often not based on objective evidence, but rather who can shout better.

(Also, attempting to circumvent a ban is a no-no.)
[Image: tumblr_m5n0e4lflM1ryds47o8_r1_250.gif]
Just to clarify things, my discussion with busyman was on behalf of his complaint about Sharp as a moderator, which was resolved by the fact that Sharp was already demoted. I also said in one of those messages to busyman that his attitude would be discussed as well. I felt strongly that he deserved a ban for it, merely cause he had been warned for it before, and decided to continue. But I didn't wanna make that decision on my own, since a ban is a fairly final thing.

The ban of busyman was not a misunderstanding, and the decision stands. If he for some reason didn't understand this, may this post make it clear for him.
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]
(08-07-2016, 10:42 PM)JCF Wrote: In theory, it is possible for you to be wrong. Arguments are often not based on objective evidence, but rather who can shout better.

Ah, my bad. *readies the megaphone*
Ready for an argument, sir?

And may I also add that my demotion was out if spite and not because of Busyman's actions? Although it would be ironic if it were down to him, considering he "dislikes activists of all kinds."
(07-22-2016, 01:49 PM)Kallisto Wrote: You want an argument? Here you go:

i am SO glad i didn't have to embed that video myself! props to you

(08-07-2016, 10:42 PM)JCF Wrote:
(08-07-2016, 10:27 PM)Sharp Wrote: Doesn't look like anything got resolved to me. But I may be wrong. Thoughts?

In theory, it is possible for you to be wrong. Arguments are often not based on objective evidence, but rather who can shout better.

actually, the who can shout better is just another form of contradiction, and not an actual argument. arguments are always supported by facts and logic, though said facts and logic do not have to be true for an argument to exist, whereas being contradictory requires neither of those two. see monty python video for more details (go philosophy class)
hi , can any one tell me, what happened if we being reported a lot?
Please do not bump old threads.
[Image: tumblr_m5n0e4lflM1ryds47o8_r1_250.gif]