Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Everything you always wanted to know about seXP*
(*BUT WERE AFRAID TO ASK)

Since the introduction of the baths (which requires level 3 sex XP or a premium account to enter), I've been asked by multiple people about how MnF's exp system works and I'm not entirely clear on the details. I know Vrook's posted about it in the FAQ, stating the following:

(04-28-2016, 05:21 AM)Vrook Wrote: I don't know the exact amount of XP there is to be gained, but I figured it works like so:
- having sex with a high-level premium player, in a suite, grants somewhere around 200xp or even more;
- having sex with a high-level premium player, in a normal room, grants somewhere around 100 to 150 xp points;
- having sex with a high-level free player, in a normal room, grants somewhere around 80 to 130 xp points;
- having sex with a close-to-your-level player, in a normal room, grants somewhere around 100 to 150 xp points as well;
And also, the number of rounds has a influence on the amount of XP. Like the rooms:
- Motel Room: cheap, low xp;
- Hotel Normal Room : moderate price, moderate amount of xp;
- Hotel VIP Suite : high price, Premium only, high amount of xp.
And of course, if you keep having sex with the same person, the amount of XP drops, until you won't get any.

I've seen that you get more exp from higher-level players and the exp gains get lower as you gain levels. But plenty of us are nerdy enough to want some exact figures and get our spreadsheet on. So I'd like to open this thread to answering questions about the mechanics of MnF sex, as at the very least, I don't want to pass on any incorrect information. Also, there's a thread already based on discussion of XP and level here, which 

Here's what I know about XP:
  • You get no in-game benefits if you've bought all the poses and are over level 3 (other than giving greater XP gains to other players).
  • You stop gaining XP at maximum level (Please help confirm this; max level is 9 at the time of this writing).
  • A player who gets into a bed with someone 5 or more levels lower than them receives no XP.
  • Based on current algorithms as of this writing, 1 round with the piledriver pose yields the most exp, followed by 1 round with the reverse cowgirl pose. (Thanks, Lady_Alexa!)
And here are some of my questions which I think I know the answers to, but would greatly appreciate confirmation on:
  • How many sessions does it take before you temporarily stop gaining XP from someone? (I think the number is 5.)
  • How long does it take before you can gain XP from the same partner again? (I believe it's 48 hours, but not entirely sure.)
  • How much XP does it take to advance your level? (I only know that it takes 1000 exp points to get from level 1 to 2.)
  • Do manual poses affect exp gain in any way? (No. Thanks, Vrook!)
  • Do any poses give more exp than others? (No. Thanks again Vrook!)
  • Does time in bed affect your exp? (Possibly; will need to do a bit of field testing. Thanks again, Alexa!)
I'll update this post and give credit appropriately. Thanks very much in advance, folks!
[Image: tumblr_m5n0e4lflM1ryds47o8_r1_250.gif]
(07-20-2016, 03:41 AM)JCF Wrote: -Do manual poses affect exp gain in any way? (I believe the answer is no.)
-Do any poses give more exp than others? (Almost sure the answer is no.)

Might be late, but the answers to both this questions is NO. Manual and talking during the act does not influence in any way the amount of experience there is to be gained.
Also, all the poses reward the same amount of XP, in any order or combination.
[Image: NDPLBU9.png]
I understand the outline, but why do we not get xp when we like a person enough to have sex often? I never understood that. Some people just click and we need to wait like 48 hours before it counts or just enjoy each other for no xp.
Okay, I've done a bit of fucking around (pun intended) and obtained some preliminary numbers just to figure out where to begin in terms of questions to answer. All data was collected from two rooms in the motel, and the same level 1 female test subject was present in all the sessions. The results are... interesting.

To start, here are the numbers from a level 1 male and female:

Rounds:   |  4 |  2 |  2 |  2 |
XP:       | 82 | 20 | 14 | 11 |

XP/Round: |20.5| 10 |  7 |6.5 |

Total: 10 rounds, 127 XP, 12.7 XP/round

It should be noted that there were no XP gains on a 5th session.

Now, for a level 6 male and a level 1 female:

Rounds:   |  4 |  2 |
XP:       |193 | 20 |

XP/Round: |48.2| 10 |

Total: 6 rounds, 213 XP, 35.5 XP/round

Note that in the second session, the XP gains were exactly the same as with two level 1's.

An hour after this data was taken, a new room was rented, assuming that the XP gains for the next session would be low on the first session in a new room. I was wrong.

Rounds:   |  4 |  4 |  2 |  2 |
XP:       |222 | 78 | 27 | 24 |

XP/Round: |55.5|19.5|13.5| 12 |

Total: 12 rounds, 351 XP, 29.5 XP/round

First, it would appear that the XP cap might reset either after a certain number of new partners (there were two after this for the level 1 test female) or possibly with a new room (a new one was rented after this one).

Second, I can't explain the first number: 222? Assuming Vrook is correct and all poses give the same XP, this doesn't make sense. Further data is needed to confirm if there is indeed a pose that gives more XP than others or if some other factor caused this.

Third, it would appear that based on this information, experience points are earned for the first 4 bed sessions, although efficiency does indeed drop off significantly after the first session as each session is penalized more than the last.

Next we have two level 1 females:

Rounds:   |  1 |  1 |  1 |  1 |
XP:       | 26 | 11 |  7 |  5 |

XP/Round: | 26 | 11 |  7 |  5 |

Total:  4 rounds, 49 XP, 12.25 XP/round

Note that the XP gains are slightly more efficient in the first 2 rounds than with a male/female couple.

Lastly, we have two more level 1 females; one the same as in the last data:

Rounds:   |  2 |  2 |
XP:       | 41 | 28 |
XP/Round: |20.5| 14 |

Total:  4 rounds, 69 XP, 17.25 XP/round

Note that the first session gave the same XP per round as 4 rounds for a male/female couple, and that the second session somehow awarded more XP per round than one round in the prior session.

Obviously there are some holes in the data. But the following seems to be clear:

1. Each consecutive bed session with the same partner gets a higher XP penalty than the last.
  2. No XP is gained on a fifth bed session in a row with the same partner.
  3. I really didn't have anything better at all to do for an hour and a half.
(07-29-2016, 09:52 PM)KimberlyT Wrote: I understand the outline, but why do we not get xp when we like a person enough to have sex often? I never understood that. Some people just click and we need to wait like 48 hours before it counts or just enjoy each other for no xp.

If you really enjoy being with somebody, does the exp reward matter?
(08-04-2016, 10:09 AM)Sharp Wrote:
(07-29-2016, 09:52 PM)KimberlyT Wrote: I understand the outline, but why do we not get xp when we like a person enough to have sex often? I never understood that. Some people just click and we need to wait like 48 hours before it counts or just enjoy each other for no xp.

If you really enjoy being with somebody, does the exp reward matter?

Well, when you see a message to the effect of "Find a more experienced partner" and happen to also enjoy seeing the animated sex as a visual aid -- regardless of your opinion on it -- it does cheapen things further still.

I mean, who wants to be told that having sex with a partner is as pointless as fighting newbie trash mobs? Even if the obvious answer is "grinding for epics"?
Back when I RP'd (we're talking January kinda time) I was mostly with just the same partner. We were both level 5, and would happily spend 4+hours together (including the pre-room warm up and the in-room foreplay). Being told to get a more experienced partner never lessened the experience for me. Nor would it if I were a level 3. I just enjoyed being with her, and that's what mattered.
Out of curiosity, does the 48 hour cooldown start only when said player gets the system message? I've had repeated sessions before and meeting with the same person again week later did not give the same amount as the first time we had meet earlier in the week. Do note we did not have repeated sessions until we could no longer gain exp during the first meeting.
[Image: EmFMdK2.gif][Image: ffYZrp2.gif]
gifs from old public released scenes. IMO they were pretty good. *note if this is not allowed,please pm me and I'll remove immediately
Is it the same for threesome? Since its actually 3 players in the bed?
I suppose the way xp is shared in the Threesomes, it's the same. Just that, the original amount that is shared between the players it's bigger than in normal bed action.
[Image: NDPLBU9.png]