Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I'm So Sorry*
           I'm so sorry... I got caught.
      Please forgive me... I don't give a shit.
  It won't happen again... I know you're watching.
Give me one more chance... I'll make your life a living hell.
[Image: tumblr_m5n0e4lflM1ryds47o8_r1_250.gif]
Spot on.
Don't get me wrong. Apologies matter -- or, at least, genuine remorse does. But so does protecting yourself and others. There are some apologies -- and some requests -- where you just have to say no and not just walk away, but run.

Jacob Braude, "Human Interest Stories" Wrote:A scorpion, being a very poor swimmer, asked a turtle to carry him on his back across a river. "Are you mad?" exclaimed the turtle. "You'll sting me while I'm swimming and I'll drown."

"My dear turtle," laughed the scorpion, "if I were to sting you, you would drown and I would go down with you. Now where is the logic in that?"

"You're right!" cried the turtle. "Hop on!" The scorpion climbed aboard and halfway across the river gave the turtle a mighty sting. As they both sank to the bottom, the turtle resignedly said:

"Do you mind if I ask you something? You said there'd be no logic in your stinging me. Why did you do it?"

"It has nothing to do with logic," the drowning scorpion sadly replied. "It's just my character."
[Image: tumblr_m5n0e4lflM1ryds47o8_r1_250.gif]
Ok, so I'm gonna be straight. Appologies matter fuck all. Anyone can say sorry. They have to be sincere and mean it, or there's literally no point to it other than some weird sense of self satisfaction. Just saying. If you're not sorry, don't appologize. I kinda feel like that's what your little poem was about as well, or at least how I read it. Tongue
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]
(07-15-2016, 12:01 PM)Emmie Wrote: Ok, so I'm gonna be straight. Appologies matter fuck all. Anyone can say sorry.

That's the difference between saying "sorry" and actually apologising. An apology requires acceptance and acknowledgement that you have done something wrong, and a desire not to do it again. Basically, it needs you to feel remorse. But yes, I think this was about somebody who keeps saying sorry for their past actions and immediately goes and does them again, willingly.

Apologies matter. The word sorry does not.
This was really confusing to read on a white background.
It's never too late to say sorry ^^
Let's see the bright sight of this world!
An appology is still only a gesture. Wether the appology is sincere or not is a completely different thing! When I see a kid do something bad and the parent go all "Say sorry! >:c", I kinda cringe. Cause you can't really teach someone they can get away with bs just by saying sorry... You gotta teach them that actions have concequences, and you gotta teach them what it was they did that was bad, and why. The expectation of an apology is not something I approve of in modern culture! >:c It does nothing to improve on conditions.

Sorry for my small rant though! :O
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]
From a person who does a lot of mistakes (myself) I have to say this, apologies aren't for saying, are for avoid!! yep, right!! like if...

'sorry' 'I'm sorry' and shit like that is simply words, don't mean a thing, 'my apologies' probably mean something, but still words, what really means is to learn with the mistakes you made and try not to make them again (I said try, because isn't that easy).
To be simple is to be great
I know what you're saying, and I try to apologies, not for only moving on, but also to learn to be respectful toward the people I had a fight with. It's hard, but I try.
Let's see the bright sight of this world!