Poll: Help us
Yes I want to help
No I don't want to help
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to improve your experience (not exp)
Hello! Cath's here!

It's been a while since I haven't posted anything in here! Well, life is a bitch and I'm trying to get things sorted out. Most of the time.

So, it isn't a Sunday's mini thread, I ask for your forgiveness. But I would like to hear your ideas on how to improve your experience on this forum?

Please, this is not a place to for updates about the game.

Also, I would like your participation, thanks!

Cath out. *smoke bomb*
Let's see the bright sight of this world!
That's a tough question you ask Cath.

My 2 cents:

Who are you talking to ?
In a forum, the general rule is for 1 people actively contributing, 10 are reacting to the active contributors and 100 simply read the posts.
I would say that the active contributors already find an interesting experience in here (they would not be such if not).
So it's about transforming the guys that react in active contributors, and the readers in guys that react.
Question is how do people get more engaged ?
I'd say gamification.
Maybe some kind of event/contest around telling whatever-est (whatever = funny, erotic, sad, poetic) experience (cold invite, love/kinky story, in game/IRL, crazy RP, etc...).
It exists already scrambled in different threads all over the forum, but it could be highlighted/animated/buzzed more, and to people who're not in forum yet.

For instance, often I meet people in game who complain about the cold invites thing. I give them the "handling unwanted invites" thread (http://www.mnfclub.com/forum/showthread....t=unwanted) => big laugh, genuine interest for the forumners.
Making a girl smile can be much more rewarding than bedding her...
I think being automatically subscribed to threads you've commented in would be very useful, so if someone replies to you but you forgot to subscribe you would still see it.

Also, in-game events organized on the forums, or even like a contest on the forums where the winner gets a reward (nothing huge like premium, maybe like an in-game piece of clothing or a lump sum of in game money. Enough to interest people, but not over the top).
I was just reading some old threads from what I would call the Golden Era of the Forum (late 2015- early2016). I was utterly impressed at how lively the forum was with the role playing threads and plethora of linear storytellings. Everyone was getting involved and participating, as well very little ingame drama being discussed(or at least being hidden). If the forum can go through some kind of Renaissance of its own, and get passed this Dark Age, we might have a better experience. Trust me, I love getting info about future updates and being able to make suggestions, but this forum is more than complaining about the mods "over-stepping their powers"... *Sits in a chair in front of all the mods, places a sword and olive branch on the table while 5th century Chinese battle music plays(basically an awesome flute), and staring into their eyes as I make a radical suggestion* "How about bumping old RP threads(for now) till new ones are released?"
P.S To the people who are still posting literature, your efforts are not going unnoticed.
John, the only time I really start stepping in is when threads get bumped with zero content. I'm more than happy to see them remade or bumped with something to add.

Edit: Agreed on contests. I stumbled across an in-game lottery early this morning, and I thought, "Gee, wouldn't it be nice if they advertised a contest here?" (Yes, I thought up the word "gee" because I'm a huge dork.) We've had some threads from Handaar which have led to some really awesome in-game events. I've also talked with Vadim about contests to post on Twitter.

But in the meantime, I encourage the "clans" around to show up and plug their contests on the RP board. Giving stuff away isn't just good for the community, it's free advertising!
[Image: tumblr_m5n0e4lflM1ryds47o8_r1_250.gif]
*Smirks at J's response, decides to stand up, grab my sword while I do a flying flip off the edge of the table away from the mods, and teleports to other threads as I touch the floor*
[Image: giphy.gif]
This is the Hijack police! Get moving!
Let's see the bright sight of this world!
(02-28-2017, 04:30 PM)Cath Wrote: This is the Hijack police! Get moving!

Big Grin  Hijack police ?! From you ? Something to do with your new status ?

And it's not completely out of topic... In my book, the way threads can bump in strange directions, "cadavre exquis" like, can make for the forum fun experience...
Making a girl smile can be much more rewarding than bedding her...