Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Gaming! Discussion
Everlasting Summer was a visual interactive novel by a Rusian gruop called (fittingly) Soviet Games. My god it's one of my favourite stories ever. It starts out like if The Prisoner was set in a Propaganda summer camp in Soviet Russia.

Also, Narcissu totally tore my heart out. It litterally made me cry over a bowl of chips.

If you have the heart they're both on Steam for Free and I super highly reccomend them both

(Warning that Everlasting Summer involves nudity and suicide)
   Hilarious - TIME Magazine                                                                 Nothing else quite like her - Morgan Freeman
                                                   Absoloutley Sensational - Obama
      Who is Sasso? - Man I met on the bus                           Truly the MnF forumer of our time - Steven Hawking
You're all talking about more or less recent games... But what about the old ones like Crash Bandicoot, Super Mario, Frogger?
Let's see the bright sight of this world!
Kinda on hurry and lazy to talk.
Indeed i play videogames since i have memory of my life lol.

I'll maybe make a list later, as yours.

But wanted to say something about visual novels.

Did anyone know about "Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors"?
And it's sequel Virtue's last Reward?

The first one was a blast for me, bought kinda totally random, but :o
Also it had some decent "puzzles and enigmas" to solve. A thing hard to find these days.
I totally suggest you to play it. Dunno tho if there is some sort of pc version.

I liked the sequel a little less, but i would still like to see a third chapter, dunno if it will ever come out.

Update: actually i just checked out and it's coming out now. I'm hyped as fuck, lol. Thanks Sasso.
(05-22-2016, 12:01 PM)CBM97 Wrote: You're all talking about more or less recent games... But what about the old ones like Crash Bandicoot, Super Mario, Frogger?

umm...i even mentioned spyro...and king of fighter...and yes my first game i played was...mario....you know i never got to explore "all" the worlds in sequential order...as a matter of fact i dont think i ever got to the end of the mario world ... Undecided
[Image: YoG5lWf.jpg]
Here is my list, it doesn't have any particular order and i will probably forget to include great games.

FPS
Doom, probably one of my first shooter/horror game
CoD franchise, who hasn’t played one of this game.
Counter Strike, one of my most played games right now

RPG (Making choices, regretting them later)
Mass effect Trilogy
Fable

Old but Gold
Age of empires II, fantastic strategy war-based game, still playing it to this day
Sonic adventures 2, who didn’t enjoy making the baby chaos fight each other in the dojo until one was unconscious.
Need for speed hot pursuit, great racing game.
Conker bad fur day (N64), the first mature game I probably played when I was young. Guns, strong language, blood, this game had it all.
Kirby 64 the crystal shards, Kirby is my favorite character from Nintendo so this game was a given in this list
Super Mario sunshine, and other good mario games.

There are so many more game, but to lazy to remember and write them all.
Skyrim like sharpy said its the best game
I am in a slightly better state/position than I was yesterday, so here is a more comprehensive response.

For me, nothing beats Skyrim. I think it's unlikely that anything will ever top it for me, even the next Elder Scrolls instalment; ESO was a shocking disappointment, and Bethesda need to really pull their finger out on whatever they do next. But Skyrim is the sole reason I still have my Xbox 360 set up and ready to go.

Fallout 4 was the first in the FO series I played. It's amazing, not too far behind Skyrim. Despite having it since it was released, I didn't even install it on my console until mid-January, when I was housebound for 2 weeks. I then played it religiously. But I like to just explore and do the side quests in the Bethesda games, so I'm still a long way off finishing the story. And I haven't even considered downloading the DLC yet.

I like The Division, but after playing it almost non-stop for 2 weeks, I got a little bored. I only like to play Co-Op with friends, and sadly none of mine bought the game, so I was playing it alone Sad  It's a great game, but it is clearly made to be multiplayer, so on my own it just got a bit repetitive and boring... and difficult.

Battlefield 4 is amazing. When I get online with my friends we always have a great squad. We all enjoy playing our own particular roles, making us a diverse and effective unit. Unlike Call Of Duty *spits* Battlefield is all about the online matches (the single player campaign is short and a little weak), and they encourage team play while almost punishing those who play 'lone wolf.' It also requires more realistic and intelligent use of particular weapons (no running about with an LMG hosing everything, and no 360 no-scopes with a sniper rifle).

I still GTA 5, but having completed the single player story a couple of times, I just want to use the multiplayer. Unfortunately, I again just enjoy fucking around with friends rather than doing the races and deathmatches, and my friends are not online much these days. They also made it too money-orientated, meaning that having not played in a while, all the new stuff requires millions of in-game dollars which I can't be bothered to earn, so if I am to enjoy new content I would need to spend RL cash. Not worth it, so I won't be playing this until I have other people I can play it with.

Assassin's Creed - all of them, I guess. I only have Black Flag and Syndicate currently, though. I fucking love pirates, so Black Flag will always be one of my favourites. As for Syndicate, I really enjoy it - I suppose being English it feels a lot more like home than any of the others - but I haven't played it in a while, and am nowhere near completing the main story. I need to get back to it soon.

Fifa 16. I'm a football fan, and had I been a little more popular at school and less academically orientated, I may have been good enough to play at a semi-professional level. So Fifa games give me the chance to live out my 'dream' of being a professional footballer, or just attempt the unthinkable and take Burton Albion all the way to the Champions League final. This is probably the only game I don't have periods of not playing, but I haven't actually finished a season in Manager Mode on Fifa 16, and didn't on 15 either. And I normally play 2-3 seasons on a Pro career before just starting again. And I always say I won't get the next one, but I typically do.

I used to play Football Manager on the PC, but not since 2011, simply because the newer ones are way too memory and processor hungry, and I am not spending a fortune on a decent PC or laptop. If I do eventually spend the money on a gaming PC setup, then Football Manager will be one of the games I buy.

I liked Halo 3, I enjoyed ODST, and I loved Reach. Then I played 1 and 2, and they were fucking awesome. Halo 4, in my opinion, was dreadful. I didn't even bother with 5(?).

I won't argue with anybody about this, but CoD for me is shambolic. The early ones, yes, but after WoW they have been appalling. The stories get laboured, the Zombies got old pretty quick, and the multiplayer is overrun by 12 year old kids. If you want to see the difference, play Battlefield; CoD players can't play Battlefield, because they are too used to wandering off on their own, and they just get destroyed. But if a Battlefield player goes into a CoD match, they just own everybody, because they play tactically.

I can't think of any others I still play, or feel I need to mention, but I will add to this list if I remember any more.
(05-23-2016, 11:29 AM)Sharp Wrote: I won't argue with anybody about this, but CoD for me is shambolic. The early ones, yes, but after WoW they have been appalling. The stories get laboured, the Zombies got old pretty quick, and the multiplayer is overrun by 12 year old kids. If you want to see the difference, play Battlefield; CoD players can't play Battlefield, because they are too used to wandering off on their own, and they just get destroyed. But if a Battlefield player goes into a CoD match, they just own everybody, because they play tactically.

I don't mean to insult anyone's taste in games or anything, but I wouldn't go anywhere near a Call of Duty game (except maybe 4, but flash in the pan or however that saying goes). This kind of is for similar reasons why I don't play many new triple A games. I find them boring and repetitive and recycle themselves over and over. Call of Duty is at 13 games, with another coming out in November. This isn't just Call of Duty either. I stopped playing Assasin's Creed halfway though Brotherhood because I got bored of the repeating gameplay that was fun at first, but since then Ubisoft has put out 6 more Assassin's Creed games, not including 11 more spin off and side games, and arguably the only real innovation was from Black Flag, which I might consider playing.

Also Call of Duty or Counter Strike kids walking into Killing Floor as level 0's saying "Don't worry guys I play lots of shooters I know what I'm doing" and getting mulched by Fleshpounds is quite an experience to watch.
   Hilarious - TIME Magazine                                                                 Nothing else quite like her - Morgan Freeman
                                                   Absoloutley Sensational - Obama
      Who is Sasso? - Man I met on the bus                           Truly the MnF forumer of our time - Steven Hawking
Black Flag was a lot of fun! It still lacks the proper stealth I believe a stealth game should have. Like cover behind corners etc. But you have a ship, and there are pirates. And the story follows a pirate, not an assassin or templar. Which is nice. Just overall a lot of fun!

And I very much dislike when level 0s think they can contribute to hard+ in Killing Floor 2... They can't. >_>

And I dislike game series that come out once a year. Ofc they're gonna be recycles, no way you have time to build a new game from scratch over just one year...
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]
(05-23-2016, 01:04 PM)Emmie Wrote: And I dislike game series that come out once a year. Ofc they're gonna be recycles, no way you have time to build a new game from scratch over just one year...

The only exception to this really is the sports games, such as Fifa, Madden, PES, NHL, etc.. These generally just build on the previous platform. I do feel at times they should just offer updates for the existing game for those that don't want to pay £40/$60 every year, but it's easy money for them to make by releasing a brand new game each time. Plus, repetition isn't really something to complain bout in a sports game, because obviously all you are ever going to do is play a match, then another, then another.

Obviously I know you are talking more about the likes of CoD and Assassin's Creed, rather than the sports games. Look at Bethesda with the Elder Scrolls and Fallout series. They spend a good few years creating a game, and while they will of course run out of ideas (a lot of 'fetch this' quests and 'choose your side' decisions do occur), they still feel fresh. Meanwhile, CoD is just the same shit over and over again (you may realise I really hate CoD).