Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Community Animation
If you've been in the art section in the creative writing section on the forums you've probably looked at all of the costume and pose designs created by the community.And mos of them are really good. Like, if someone showed me one of them and told me it was the new update coming into the game I'd probably believe them. MnF has a pretty distinct style with it's art but it's not a hard to copy style. The animation in game is a classic 2d style, you've probably sen stuff like it all over the place. But if these community creations are so good, why can't they be used in game?

I have no doubt that MnF Club has a talented and dedicated art community (one I honestly should be more involved with) and if MnF let it's community they would happily offer the sprites assets they made to be put in the game. Art is easy to use because it's 2d sprites and can be overlayed characters in game, which is something the art community does a lot of. If the templates that MnF uses were made public anyone with a drawing pad could try make an outfit and submit it, and the developers could choose to put it in their game if they liked it.

Animation's are something different. I'm not an animator (or a game developer for that matter) and I see how this could not work outside the people that are hired to do it, but again, 2d sprite animation in a distinct style. Maybe community submitted animations aren't very usable but the community could make their own assets and submit their plan for a pose?

I'm not a game developer or an animator, although I do some digital art for fun, and of course these are all suggestions. I could be wrong in how this game is made and that community created content isn't usable (please tell me if I'm wrong). But I hope it is, because I've seen so much stuff that I'd love to see in game. Updates in game aren't common right now while there are so many good ideas here that people would love to see used.
   Hilarious - TIME Magazine                                                                 Nothing else quite like her - Morgan Freeman
                                                   Absoloutley Sensational - Obama
      Who is Sasso? - Man I met on the bus                           Truly the MnF forumer of our time - Steven Hawking
This is probably something many people have thought about as well.
Seeing that the community basically is doing half the job by making the designs themselves, all there is to do is implement it to the game - I think. I dunno, I don't know how the implementation process is.

I believe the developers would gain from it as well, it would make the game a lot more interesting considering the community would have a way to directly affect the game. That'd surely spark the interest and creativity within some players. It would (in theory) make it easier for the devs to release new updates more frequently, which would satisfy several players - cus who doesn't like new and exciting updates?
Also, the devs would be able to focus more on the depth of the game, by adding new features.

Of course there'd have to be a way to regulate what's to be added and so on, but then there could be added a way to vote on which designs that should be implemented.

Overall, I think the community is more than creative enough to make a lot of exciting designs that should totally exist in-game. ^^
But then again, it's the devs' game. It would depend on whether they'd want the community to have that role or not.

My personal opinion: It's pretty obvious, I agree. I'd love to see community-made designs in-game. Maybe more than just clothing designs as well. If the devs are gonna release more shit like the propeller caps instead of actual content, let someone else take care of that job!