Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cath’s novel ch.1-30 (abandoned)
Chapter 15.5: Intermission
   In a crowded conference room in Madrid, people were chatting with each other about taxes, incomes and other business related topics while smoking and infesting the place with its stench. All fell silent when the CEO entered the room, creating a gust of wind even though they were in the centre of the building, and with two armed guards in tow, the woman casually walked, her high heels clicking and echoing in the silence as she approached her seat at the far end of the table. A faint smell of death followed the woman, despite wearing expensive perfume. Some of the businessmen flinched as she passed behind them and yet they still observed her every move. Once in front of her chair, she waited a moment before sitting with her legs and arms crossed, her bodyguards standing behind her with a stoic face.
   "I’ll cut to the chase. I'm going to make a reform of the state of our current enterprise." She declared. "When I was gone, you guys really messed up my business in ways I don't like."
   Nobody dared to protest as the threat posed by the two men wielding light machine guns was present. She scanned the assembly with eyes the colour of emeralds shining in the dark, she didn't smile nor frowned, she was impassable.
   "From this moment, we’ll revert back to my old policy. Recruitments for field agents will have to be approved by myself. So no more nepotism and I'm specifically talking about you Moore, five of your family members have been hired and only one is competent enough to bring some influence. Though it isn't really the one I desired." She said, staring intensely at the crowd. "Which reminds me."
   The boss pulled out a box that one of her guards carried then dropped the pistol it contained on the table, it was wet and smelled of urine. The boss lady was clearly looking at the object with disgust, her expression made the others feel uneasy.
   "As for the one that dropped my personal handgun in the toilet, you're fired." She declared, watching a man leave the room quietly. "But I think it's a good allegory. It represents the state of our business. It's a utility tool with a sleek design but it's been thrown down the toilet and now it smells like piss and shit. I'm disappointed that you didn’t take care of it while I was gone. After all, it was made with the souls of the founding fathers of this company."
   She washed her hands with a disinfectant gel before continuing while the room stared in silence. Some of her employees didn't seem very pleased, grinding teeth and twitching as a handful were boiling with rage. Who was she to talk when she disappeared those years ago?
   "All current operations will receive additional agents in order to conclude them faster. By agents, I mean my Children. The future operations, on the other hand, won't be as overt as the ones you created while I was away. I can’t risk the world to know about me. My hand picked agents will oversee them all. And if I ever find out that you were acting incompetently, costing me millions in any currency, I'll… " she said before stopping, having a devious smile deforming her calm expression, which sent shivers down the spine of those unfortunate to catch it. "I'll let you imagine the worst, because that'll be the least of what you'll be expecting."
   A handful of businessmen slid their hand on their concealed gun but before they could do anything, they froze as they felt the cold gaze of their employer who bore a devious smile. It was the last thing they saw of her before their vision went dark, their last memory were her bright glowing green eyes. The CEO watched the unconscious men being dragged away by guards who wore business suits as a disguise. Those who had hesitated to take action were stunned by the instantaneous takedowns and looked at her in fear, knowing that she wouldn't hesitate to take actions long before they tried anything against her.
   "Mother knows best." She declared before turning to those who didn't betray her trust. "My Children, a new age dawns on our world." The CEO declared over a radio that was broadcasting worldwide to all sorts of armed people. 
   From comfy lofts of Los Angeles to the packed communal rooms of Luanda where the agents were awake, to the isolated groups of hunters of the Order in Kirghizistan or the various kinds of islanders who were voluntarily staying awake to listen to the conference. Her crystal clear voice translated simultaneously in every language to reach her followers, awakening something deep within their core. As if she was shackling their desire.
   "The previous decades were but the stepping stone of a new era. From now on, all personnel will be issued a new powerful tool designed by yours truly. The Order will crush those who oppose the Will of this world. Chaos has been too rampant and it is our duty to bring order. If peace was never an option, I will personally make sure that it will be."
   Unlike for the past few decades, this woman was the real CEO and she was going to personally conduct the purge of every spec that corrupted her plaything, starting with the top and steadily working her way down the hierarchy. Like fire, she will consume the trails that plagued her endeavour. She was going to check on every operation and the Premer incident was near the bottom on her exhaustive list though her war in the shadows was only the beginning.
Let's see the bright sight of this world!

Messages In This Thread
Cath’s novel ch.1-30 (abandoned) - by Cath - 06-29-2021, 02:00 PM
RE: Cath’s novel (ongoing) - by Cath - 06-30-2021, 09:32 PM
RE: Cath’s novel (ongoing) - by Cath - 07-11-2021, 02:13 PM
RE: Cath’s novel (ongoing) - by Cath - 08-05-2021, 08:47 PM
RE: Cath’s novel (ongoing) - by Cath - 08-07-2021, 07:13 AM
RE: Cath’s novel (ongoing) - by Cath - 09-08-2021, 09:07 AM
RE: Cath’s novel (ongoing) - by Cath - 09-08-2021, 09:49 PM
RE: Cath’s novel (ongoing) - by Cath - 09-18-2021, 09:59 AM
RE: Cath’s novel (ongoing) - by Cath - 10-19-2021, 08:06 PM
RE: Cath’s novel (ongoing) - by Cath - 10-22-2021, 10:07 PM
RE: Cath’s novel (ongoing) - by Cath - 10-24-2021, 03:50 PM