Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MnF Club, an uncertain future (continuation)
I understand this argument. But there are several issues with it. First of all, a moderator who is online in the game, is not dealing with reports, since the game and the moderator panel are two sepperate things, and we do not deal with reports in the game.

There are 9 servers currently. There are 13 locations on each server if I ignore places like the Saloon and the Vodka bar. But let's say that we only need 1 moderator per server. And let's say that each volonteer mod needs to be on "active duty" at least 1 hour every day (which is not realistic, but for the sake of this discussion, we'll go with this. That would mean 312 moderators are needed, which is a ridiculous number. There is a reason why NO ONE uses active moderators in a game. Even J's examples can't be compared, cause they are chat moderators, they are not actively moving around in the respective games to deal with issues. Because it is inefficient.

You may try to argue that you've seen moderators online for more than 1 hour straight. But again, we are volonteers, not employees. The idea that we would somehow have to "work" even 7 hours a week for free is ridiculous. As it is done now, we do what we have time for, and energy for. Again, we all have school and work to deal with already. And we have a right to our free time and to spend it as we see fit, just like everyone else.

Also, the idea that ONLY moderators patrolling the game would be a deterrent towards bad behaviour is just factually wrong. I think most people know that if you do something wrong, you risk being reported. And being reported means you may get banned. This in and of itself, is a deterrent.
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]

Messages In This Thread
RE: MnF Club, an uncertain future (continuation) - by Emmie - 01-27-2021, 03:19 PM