Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The sociology of players: the various kind of MnF Users
Not to derail this thread too much, but:

Quote:Skillful fuck on a white sofa
Sexy babe undressed
Natural big boobs heifers

Brazilian priest will amaze all viewers!
Naked girl on the lake

They are of course all spam links. Which brings me to my own entry:

The Spammer

Lagoon Beach and Wild West are full of reticent folk to begin with. But some are only programmed to be walking billboards. I'm not talking about sexy clones of 2B from NieR: Automata. I'm talking about the people who validate the success of MnF Club by demonstrating that it is worthy enough to plonk down spambots until they are inevitably vaporized by the mod team. They're absurdly easy to find. Always with the same link in their profile. Always saying the same thing in PMs. Always standing in the same spot whenever possible, even on 5 different servers. Always wth names that don't quite seem human. Always taking up space that could be taken up by literally anyone else.

One could say even that any of the above groups fall into this category as well! The exhibitionist who sends dick pics to everyone. The cold inviter who keeps going until he gets aid. The roleplayer desperately looking to hook someone -- anyone -- with a starter, which in some cases might just show them to have one skill, which is the ability to copy and paste good roleplay starters. But the one benefit is that they refute the notion of MnF Club not having a vast audience. After all, BurmaShave didn't put their billboards in the middle of nowhere. They were placed along well-trodden highways. What would be the point of placing them otherwise?

But they also serve as a warning. Be creative. Don't "cold-call" people you might be interested in. Reach out to them. Communicate. Listen. Give them what they want, even if what they want is to listen to someone other than you. Because much of social interaction is advertising yourself. And while people remember spammers, the advertisements they like better are the ones that speak to them, not play a pre-recorded message to them.

I still want them purged from the face of the virtual earth, though.
[Image: tumblr_m5n0e4lflM1ryds47o8_r1_250.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The sociology of players: the various kind of MnF Users - by -J- - 08-21-2019, 04:48 PM