The sociology of players: the various kind of MnF Users
(12-31-2018, 03:42 PM)Boris327 Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 04:09 AM)hankypanky Wrote: I've experienced a few main ones:

1. Immediately start an RP
2. Hey how are you *these are the worst*
3. Start with discussing/acting on your bio
4. Have a conversation about common interests
5. Exp help

Mmm.. I have nothing against you. But when I read what you wrote... you seem not to appreciate those 5 categories. But...what options would people have to approach you? Your 5 options have eliminated 99% (and more) of the possibilities to speak to someone that you don't know at first, in this game.

You don't like the common rules of politeness that are used in real life. You write a bio, but you don't like if people react to it. You don't like if people are direct. You don't like if they're indirect. You don't like direct RP or XP. What, for example, would be the kind of approach you would like? I'm like a scientist, wondering what would be the kind of sentences that could be accepted by you at first contact.

To be fair, I don't think hankypanky is necessarily dissing anyone of the categories he listed (with the exception of #2). He merely brought up some player archetypes he had met in-game.

@Purest_Elf: Holy shit, the level 1 "wanna rp?" mystery guy XD I've run into this strange creature on here more times than I can count. Beautifully summed up Smile
Ambassador of butts
[Image: plmKhZhPj]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The sociology of players: the various kind of MnF Users - by SissyNektar - 01-03-2019, 07:46 PM