Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Tank Killer. (My first short story I've ever written.)
Wow. I didn't realize I was leaning forward in my seat until I finished reading. 

The introduction was already great - you set the tone very well, and I was easily invested in the protagonist and the townspeople due to the sheer amount of vivid detail. The unsettling fear, the prayer for redemption and escape from violence... it felt very real, almost tangible. 

It was a really surprising twist to make it a Western sci-fi, but it totally works because of who the Tank Killer is (I had an a-ha! moment when I re-read his description) and the action sequence was amazingly fun. The pacing was great too, even when you picked up the momentum. Overall, I enjoyed it immensely, so thank you for sharing! I'd highly recommend it. 

(Seriously. The Tank Killer would put Guilty Gear's Leo and his double-wielding crosses to shame.)
"Each night has one sound I know: the moon against the water like your cheek across mine in another life." – Sara Eliza Johnson

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Tank Killer. (My first short story I've ever written.) - by 823 - 01-13-2016, 10:18 PM