MNF Club Forums
Suggestion Thread #II: Even better suggestions! - Printable Version

+- MNF Club Forums (https://www.mnfclub.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://www.mnfclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Feedback, Miscellaneous & Help (https://www.mnfclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Suggestion Thread #II: Even better suggestions! (/showthread.php?tid=1665)

RE: Suggestion Thread #II: Even better suggestions! - ThunderD - 12-13-2017

(12-11-2017, 08:05 PM)Kajana Wrote: I would definitely like a revamp to the Friend system. I find that currently it's very obnoxious and potentially harmful (explanation at the end). I have a few suggestions for it:

1. Make a friend request tab, so that instead of a pop-up appearing for 10 seconds, any request would go there for the person receiving it to not be disturbed if they are busy.

2. If the first idea is implemented, make it so as long as you can see a profile (i.e. you were messaging them earlier), you can friend them even if they are offline. Since it would go to their request inbox, both people being online to add each other wouldn't be needed.

3. Remove the "you've removed '...' from friends list" notification sent to the players inbox. 

My reasoning for this:

1. I don't know about you guys, but I personally find it very obnoxious to receive unsolicited friend requests from random strangers who haven't even dm'ed me. While this won't eliminate the annoying friend requests, it will make them much less intrusive. I find it also completely breaks my immersion to see a pop-up in the middle of an RP as opposed to a little notification badge like the DM button. It would just have 2 options, 'accept' or 'ignore'. Perhaps a date/time of adding would also be nice.

2. Have you ever been in a situation where you find an interesting person to talk to, and suddenly one of you has to go? In all the fuss of them leaving, you weren't able to friend them or ask when they would be back online. Instead of logging in everyday in the hopes of seeing them online again, why not eliminate this annoyance altogether? As long as you can see their profile, which you can navigate to if you were already messaging them, you would be able to send them a request that they would see as soon as they hop back online.

3. I find myself occasionally checking through my friends list, looking for someone or seeing if they're still around. Sometimes I also remove people who I only talked to once, or perhaps we just don't message each other anymore. This should be as simple as the remove button, and they don't know unless they look for you specifically. I find that with the 'friend removed' notification, this process becomes more nerve-wracking than it needs to be. This problem is 2-fold. First because I feel bad. They are explicitly told "Kajana does not want to be friend anymore". This unnecessarily puts me in a poor light. Second, there is potential for angry responses. I've received insults and even minor threats because of unfriending people. No one should have to go through that because of someone else's insecurities about the number of friends they have or whatever the case may be.

There we go, please let me know if the devs see this. I'm really adamant about this, especially the last point. If you have any thoughts or counters, quote me  Big Grin

I like your idea very much! Heart 

(12-11-2017, 01:41 PM)Overfiend Wrote: As we are approaching 1 million users, the Devs should come up with a special update as a bonus for reaching that milestone.

Sadly we don't even get normal updates, I wouldn't hope for special ones Tongue

RE: Suggestion Thread #II: Even better suggestions! - Overfiend - 12-13-2017

ThunderD - Did you really just write in the same post "I like" the Revamp of PM system ... oh and by the way "we don't get normal updates, I wouldn't hope for special ones"....Dude Really!!!!.... Isn't a Revamp of PM system the same as a special update.....

Kajana - I like your idea as well. But according to ThunderD we shouldn't expect it.

RE: Suggestion Thread #II: Even better suggestions! - Kajana - 12-13-2017

(12-13-2017, 05:23 PM)Overfiend Wrote: ThunderD - Did you really just write in the same post "I like" the Revamp of PM system ... oh and by the way "we don't get normal updates, I wouldn't hope for special ones"....Dude Really!!!!.... Isn't a Revamp of PM system the same as a special update.....

Kajana  - I like your idea as well. But according to ThunderD we shouldn't expect it.

Ehm Thunder expressing his agreement with my idea is separate from his realistic view on whether a larger "Happy 1m" update will happen or not. I honestly agree with him. I would like for my suggestion and for a "Happy 1m" update to happen, but I really doubt it will happen soon. I will give them that they've attempted to listen to the community (an example being their twitter polls one what we want in future updates, as well as how we've received past ones), but the time between updates as well as updates about the updates definitely needs to be looked at seriously. There's little cross-posting (that I've seen) in terms of satisfaction polls and other messages. I honestly believe that the devs are able to make an enjoyable experience that is also profitable and sustainable. I'm just not sure they have the foundation of communication with the community that will facilitate that.

RE: Suggestion Thread #II: Even better suggestions! - JohnSins - 12-14-2017

Lots of them are probably just alt accounts from the farming days and ex-mnfers that got bored and left... I was really hoping that one day the devs would be on top of everything, and bust out clothing updates for big occasions (ie movie related outfits on the day the movie is released[starwars, avengers, etc], or World Cup jerseys for each country that is participating on the day the WC starts). Oh what a naive kid I was back then to think of such thoughts...

RE: Suggestion Thread #II: Even better suggestions! - Overfiend - 12-15-2017

I would like to see a Mini-game update before Christmas so we can play it during the holidays

RE: Suggestion Thread #II: Even better suggestions! - 0ctav1a - 12-16-2017

I think we should add more swimsuit options such as one piece suits and micro bikinis just to fit peoples preferences and body style they chose and so everyone isn't wearing the same thing and to add a bit of variety.

RE: Suggestion Thread #II: Even better suggestions! - Zephyr_2 - 12-16-2017

(12-16-2017, 05:34 PM)0ctav1a Wrote: I think we should add more swimsuit options such as one piece suits and micro bikinis just to fit peoples preferences and body style they chose and so everyone isn't wearing the same thing and to add a bit of variety.

A good suggestion because it should be fairly easy:  maybe make it non prem.   There is a prem swimming costume but not often seen because it is not as good as the standard, non prem one.

RE: Suggestion Thread #II: Even better suggestions! - Seraphiel- - 12-17-2017

Huge thread so I didn't read every request. See that most are about functionality in the game.

First of all, I enjoy the game very much and like seeing that it is so well maintained. But I would enjoy it even more with the following technical improvements.

1) Convert the whole game to HTML5. It is definitely possible to do and you gain the advantage having your game easily playable on all mobile devices without having to install a special browser etc.

2) Possibility to activate sound notification when someone types your avatar's name or when you get a pm.

RE: Suggestion Thread #II: Even better suggestions! - Overfiend - 12-19-2017

Here's another idea,

The Devs should try to release poses in pairs for example

1. male version & female version or
2. straight version & gay/lesbian version.

By producing them in organized pairs they can hit the demand from both ends of the spectrum in one shot. This might satisfy more people, reduce complaints and thoroughly develop an idea before moving on to the next one. It will still be very satisfying, even if they have to release the one part of the pair in the first month (like the straight version) and then next month release the 2nd part of the pair (like the Gay/Lesbian version).

RE: Suggestion Thread #II: Even better suggestions! - F_1 - 12-19-2017

Seraphiel said, ”Huge thread so I didn't read every request.”

Exactly, it’s going like the first thread.   Without some organisation it is of no guidance to the Devs as to what we think is important so we don’t get it.

Overfiend made a very detailed suggestion, maybe too detailed, as to how we could proceed.   But it was rejected in favour of just making a long list of wants:   that is not communicating to the Devs what we really want.

Time to look again at where we are going.