MNF Club Forums
Ingame Code Selling - Printable Version

+- MNF Club Forums (https://www.mnfclub.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://www.mnfclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Feedback, Miscellaneous & Help (https://www.mnfclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Ingame Code Selling (/showthread.php?tid=1592)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: Ingame code selling - JohnSins - 01-31-2018

(01-31-2018, 07:05 PM)AdamKroenen Wrote: I already seen 3 cases. The seller give the code to the buyer. The buyer use the code on other account and after says the code is already taken. The code is already on use by other e-mail and so on. And who say to the buyer that isn't true? You can't trust that way.

Exactly, and that's the point, you see exactly which email uses it, so he or she gets perma banned or questioned(if the buyer ends up selling a code to someone else), and the seller gets compensated... yes there is a risk, but it only leaves the buyer as a scammer instead it being a guessing game. This will literally get rid of fake sellers on mnf. I mean don't give the code to some rando without checking if he has the money or not (by asking for a screenshot)... Knowing he/she will look innocent and will also get compensated, a LEGIT non approved seller shouldn't have a problem with this...

Anyways, the point of this is to encourage anyone that wants to sell to become an approved seller so they can have the luxury of picking if they want to give the code first or paid first, since they are trustworthy to an extent...

RE: Ingame code selling - 9990 - 01-31-2018

So I just met with somebody and tried to make a deal. All in all, it was a huge grind to get the money, I spent days trying to find somebody to sell a code, had frustration trying to meet up and just got lucky they came on at the same time (after I stayed up way too late), and in the end we couldn't agree on who was going to trust who and just called it off.

Personally I say don't even bother trying to buy a code with in-game money, it's a waste of time even in the most ideal situation, and when you add in the effort and time and frustration and distrust and risk, you're just being disrespectful to yourself and your own time at this point.

I can't even blame anyone, it's just a crappy situation that the game was never meant to support. My advice is if you can't use the payment methods or are worried about somebody seeing your purchase, find another way, use a gift card bought with cash from the store if you have to, make a deal with a personal friend or something, get creative. It's not impossible to make this happen, but it's not reasonable either, have some respect for yourself.

RE: Ingame code selling - Avril 2018 - 02-01-2018

JohnSins idea only works if mnf want to get involved as does 9990’s, using bank, and I doubt that they would.

Third party has limitations. A gives code to C, B gives $100k to C. B passes code to D and says to C it has been used. Unless C has access to mnf database he still does not know who scams. C needs to be a Mod.

RE: Ingame code selling - 9990 - 02-01-2018

So I just went out on a limb and trusted the seller and got lucky and all went well. Still standing by my previous advice though.

Third party has limitations. A gives code to C, B gives $100k to C. B passes code to D and says to C it has been used. Unless C has access to mnf database he still does not know who scams. C needs to be a Mod.

You could have them stream the entering of the code but that's getting a bit extreme. You could have the buyer hand over their account name and passwords and have the middleman enter the code themself, but that's just stupid.

Yeah I think the only way would be for MNF or mods to do something =/

RE: Ingame code selling - chris2701 - 02-25-2018

Hello people.

So my premium ran out a few days ago, that's why i bought a new code for ingame cash from an 'approved seller'. I don't know whether to tell his/her name here at first so i'll leave it for now. So i got the code, after i sent the money, and since my premium was still activated, i could not use it right then. A few days later i wanted to use it, but it said the code had already been used by an email which was not mine (i got a screenshot of it). So i told the seller, but he/she didn't want to help me in any means and was sure i was scamming her (although i already bought my last code from him/her 3 months ago). So what can I do now? Nothing? Hope you guys can help me, thanks.

Yours,
Chris

RE: Ingame code selling - -J- - 02-26-2018

That's the worst part about this. As good as Kumori's been about vetting this list, it's not a guarantee. Still, send a message to the mod team, along with any additional information you have about the transaction. At least then you've got a shot at sorting this out.

May the odds be ever in your favor.

Edit:
Playing the broken record again and supporting a secure trading system. Until that happens, code buying for in-game cash is always going to be a crapshoot even in the best cases. You never know who the next "mostly trustworthy" person is who'll turn out to rob you blind.

RE: Ingame code selling - Dakota1127 - 02-28-2018

If anyone would sell me a code, that'd be awesome. I have money in a paypal right now.

RE: Ingame code selling - Willy_for_Boobies - 02-28-2018

For buying code and paying with paypal you can try to contact Moderator Kumori via PM here or in game ;-))

RE: Ingame code selling - Light - 03-01-2018

The perfect way to solve this problem, at least for users who wanna use the code right after buying it, could be using a MiddleMan (a Mod for example).
Buyer--> sends cash to the Mod
Mod--> "ok" to the seller
Seller--> code to the buyer
if code works (the buyer should prove if it works or not with a video)--> mod --> sends cash to the seller.

RE: Ingame code selling - Jessica - 03-01-2018

(03-01-2018, 04:03 PM)Light Wrote: The perfect way to solve this problem, at least for users who wanna use the code right after buying it, could be using a MiddleMan (a Mod for example).
Buyer--> sends cash to the Mod
Mod--> "ok" to the seller
Seller--> code to the buyer
if code works (the buyer should prove if it works or not with a video)--> mod --> sends cash to the seller.

Up to a point it works.

I think that buyer has to prove that it doesn’t work.   But he/she could have passed it on.   Needs a Mod to verify this and not sure they can even look into this.

As Adem Kroenen said,

I already seen 3 cases. The seller give the code to the buyer. The buyer use the code on other account and after says the code is already taken. The code is already on use by other e-mail and so on. And who say to the buyer that isn't true? You can't trust that way.
I already seen 3 cases. The seller give the code to the buyer. The buyer use the code on other account and after says the code is already taken. The code is already on use by other e-mail and so on. And who say to the buyer that isn't true? You can't trust that way.