MNF Club Forums
Ingame Code Selling - Printable Version

+- MNF Club Forums (https://www.mnfclub.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://www.mnfclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Feedback, Miscellaneous & Help (https://www.mnfclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Ingame Code Selling (/showthread.php?tid=1592)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: Ingame code selling - Ghost.Ston - 01-29-2018

HELLO [b]Kumori[/b]  I have been deceived by someone named WillSmith he have taken my 100 k Cash game for selling perm code and he was sacmmed Please help me my name in the Game GhOsT.StOn if you can return the money to me and thank you Sad Huh

RE: Ingame code selling - 9990 - 01-29-2018

Well, still looking to buy a code, spamming in game is not my thing, if nobody is interested I guess I'll give up for now. 150k.

RE: Ingame code selling - -Nadya- - 01-30-2018

Obviously, someone does this systematically. the same thing happens to my friend. I hope this action is done by one person and it is easy to find and solve this problem.

RE: Ingame code selling - JohnSins - 01-30-2018

Maybe there should be an "unofficial" rule, where if your NOT an approved seller, you can still sell , but you have to the give the code to the buyer first so that they can transfer the money through the bank if they are non prem. That way, every transaction can go through the bank, and be recorded if there is any problems. The problem is the lack of proof (as people say that they paid through the strip pole [and either side can deny payment], which is hard to confirm) from these people make it hard for us to figure out which person is telling the truth or not. Approved sellers can sell under any leisure they prefer, of course, since they have been vetted...
I dont know, people should always just avoid buying a code through the pole to prevent scamming....

RE: Ingame code selling - Avril 2018 - 01-31-2018

(01-30-2018, 08:40 PM)JohnSins Wrote: Maybe there should be an "unofficial" rule, where if your NOT an approved seller, you can still sell , but you have to the give the code to the buyer first so that they can transfer the money through the bank if they are non prem. That way, every transaction can go through the bank, and be recorded if there is any problems. The problem is the lack of proof (as people say that they paid through the strip pole [and either side can deny payment], which is hard to confirm) from these people make it hard for us to figure out which person is telling the truth or not. Approved sellers can sell under any leisure they prefer, of course, since they have been vetted...
I dont know, people should always just avoid buying a code through the pole to prevent scamming....

I think non-approved sellers have to be allowed to sell or you create privileged elite of approved sellers.

But your idea only transfers the risk.   I sell to A who says that they will transfer the money through bank once prem:  they give the code to B and disappear.   I can’t see mnf being interested in who uses code.   And how do I know A has money anyway?

“people should always just avoid buying a code through the pole to prevent scamming” – yes but if buyer has not got prem how do you avoid?

RE: Ingame code selling - JohnSins - 01-31-2018

I think non-approved sellers have to be allowed to sell or you create privileged elite of approved sellers.
Thats why i said, "if your NOT an approved seller, you can still sell , but...[blah, blah, blah]" cause I'm all for everyone being able to sell, it only cheapens the cost for one...

But your idea only transfers the risk.   I sell to A who says that they will transfer the money through bank once prem:  they give the code to B and disappear.   I can’t see mnf being interested in who uses code.   And how do I know A has money anyway?

It actually transfers much less risk, as there is proof of the code being transferred in PM's to the other person, also the code says exactly which email address used it too. So it's easy to track down which person scammed, as it only leaves the scammer as one option: the buyer. If the buyer disappears without paying, then its a perma ban and they can't even use the prem; and the seller gets compensated. Its better than a person using a pole and leaving no money trail, and then making it a he said, she said. I mean whats stopping me from creating a fake avatar, saying i paid using the pole with 180k, staging it as I got scammed, and demanding i get compensated for the "incident".  ALSO Asking for a screenshot of their avatar with their money, so they can show you how much money they have is probably logical... I would never do business if i didn't know the person doesn't have the means to pay...

“people should always just avoid buying a code through the pole to prevent scamming” – yes but if buyer has not got prem how do you avoid?
That was the point of my post, giving the buyer prem beforehand gives him/her prem status to transfer money through the bank. Thus leaving a notification or not depending on if he or she is a scammer... the code is traceable already on its own... IF the mods can track down the transfer of money on the pole, then that's a totally different story, and this post is irrelevant...

RE: Ingame code selling - Avax69 - 01-31-2018

Someone actually saying something logical for once?!! :O lol no but in all seriousness there's issues to doing it that way and issues to not doing it that way, personally i do side with @JohnSins since it makes more sense to do things that way and it does minimize the risk of being scammed.
However i can also see why people (sellers) would be hesitant to do things that way. For example IF the buyer doesn't have the money and they get the code and use it then i highly doubt there'd be a refund or someone to compensate the code.

So all in all it's a risk either way no matter what, it just comes down to people being astute enough to judge whether or not the seller/buyer is legit and trustworthy. Hence the reason of the "Approved" seller list.

RE: Ingame code selling - Avril 2018 - 01-31-2018

Fair points but it does seem to be dependent on mnf being willing to track things, and as I said, I can't see them being interested.

Screnshot may show $200,000 but that could be transferred seconds later.

RE: Ingame code selling - 9990 - 01-31-2018

I still the think the best way would be the bank holding both and making the trade when both are in, like any normal trade in a game. Otherwise, a trusted third party would be the next best thing, like a verified middleman who would do the same thing, receive both and then hand each over after both are in. It's not as good because then you have more people to call into blame and if it was done by MNF bank a code could be nullified and taken away if there was a problem or a need to.

RE: Ingame code selling - Adam - 01-31-2018

(01-31-2018, 01:06 AM)JohnSins Wrote: I think non-approved sellers have to be allowed to sell or you create privileged elite of approved sellers.
Thats why i said, "if your NOT an approved seller, you can still sell , but...[blah, blah, blah]" cause I'm all for everyone being able to sell, it only cheapens the cost for one...

It actually transfers much less risk, as there is proof of the code being transferred in PM's to the other person, also the code says exactly which email address used it too. So it's easy to track down which person scammed, as it only leaves the scammer as one option: the buyer. If the buyer disappears without paying, then its a perma ban and they can't even use the prem; and the seller gets compensated. Its better than a person using a pole and leaving no money trail, and then making it a he said, she said. I mean whats stopping me from creating a fake avatar, saying i paid using the pole with 180k, staging it as I got scammed, and demanding i get compensated for the "incident".  ALSO Asking for a screenshot of their avatar with their money, so they can show you how much money they have is probably logical... I would never do business if i didn't know the person doesn't have the means to pay...

That was the point of my post, giving the buyer prem beforehand gives him/her prem status to transfer money through the bank. Thus leaving a notification or not depending on if he or she is a scammer... the code is traceable already on its own... IF the mods can track down the transfer of money on the pole, then that's a totally different story, and this post is irrelevant...

I already seen 3 cases. The seller give the code to the buyer. The buyer use the code on other account and after says the code is already taken. The code is already on use by other e-mail and so on. And who say to the buyer that isn't true? You can't trust that way.