MNF Club Forums

Full Version: Elements (a fragmented story)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone,

I've been trying to get back into writing slowly, after an extremely long hiatus!  So I thought some haiku inspired poetry would be a simple way to start my rediscovery.  What you'll find below is a collection of four poems, in which you will hopefully see a larger picture evolve as you read through.

I hope you enjoy it! Heart 

Stone Heart

Cold and still numbness,
Hammer blows exert your will,
Upon the anvil

Your heartless actions,
Reckless labors of a craftsman,
Strongest stone shatters

My spirit unbowed,
Your ardor flags when revealed,
Bright diamonds inside.

Flame

Fire can only live,
When given something to burn,
Needing sustenance

Yet it is fragile,
Left unattended too long,
Flickers low and dies

Before embers cool,
Two sparks kindle anew,
A bright flame is lit.

Fluidity

Your hand holding mine,
An ocean cannot divide,
Thoughts flow together

How could she know?
Passion builds on rising tides,
Adrift in our love

Fate lets us recall,
A river bears two old souls,
Perfect harmony.

Flight

I know that smile well,
Yearning to roam far and free,
Winds picking us up

Meet up in our dreams,
Leave our world far behind us,
Breeze ever at our back

So come with me love,
Arrive to new beginnings,
Happy, wild and free.

Heart A humble offering to my love, love you and I am so very proud of the bright soul you truly are! Heart

(05-12-2016, 06:29 AM)Shiroi Kurēn Wrote: [ -> ]Hey everyone,

I've been trying to get back into writing slowly, after an extremely long hiatus!  So I thought some haiku inspired poetry would be a simple way to start my rediscovery.  What you'll find below is a collection of four poems, in which you will hopefully see a larger picture evolve as you read through.

I hope you enjoy it! Heart 

Stone Heart

Cold and still numbness,
Hammer blows exert your will,
Upon the anvil

Your heartless actions,
Reckless labors of a craftsman,
Strongest stone shatters

My spirit unbowed,
Your ardor flags when revealed,
Bright diamonds inside.

Flame

Fire can only live,
When given something to burn,
Needing sustenance

Yet it is fragile,
Left unattended too long,
Flickers low and dies

Before embers cool,
Two sparks kindle anew,
A bright flame is lit.

Fluidity

Your hand holding mine,
An ocean cannot divide,
Thoughts flow together

How could she know?
Passion builds on rising tides,
Adrift in our love

Fate lets us recall,
A river bears two old souls,
Perfect harmony.

Flight

I know that smile well,
Yearning to roam far and free,
Winds picking us up

Meet up in our dreams,
Leave our world far behind us,
Breeze ever at our back

So come with me love,
Arrive to new beginnings,
Happy, wild and free.

Heart A humble offering to my love, love you and I am so very proud of the bright soul you truly are! Heart

Shiroi Kuren  Heart You touch my heart and soul like no one other  Heart 

Beautiful in every way.

Heart So very, very proud of and happy for you  Heart

Heart Anallee ~
Stunning. Just stunning. You promised to post something, and boy did you deliver emphatically. I hope this is the first of many.
(05-12-2016, 07:46 AM)Sharp Wrote: [ -> ]Stunning. Just stunning. You promised to post something, and boy did you deliver emphatically. I hope this is the first of many.

Thank you for your kind words!  It was a little daunting posting it up, it just feels so personal.  Happy I did though, flattered and honoured that you liked it!  Smile
Really amazing Shiro, love it...just a small advice, the colour my dear, the first colour it's not easy to read and that's really bad...
Heart Heart Heart  *gives Shiroi a lollipop*
(05-12-2016, 10:18 AM)Fenix-TS Wrote: [ -> ]Really amazing Shiro, love it...just a small advice, the colour my dear, the first colour it's not easy to read and that's really bad...

Thanks Fenix, I was actually looking at that first colour on my phone and thinking that it looked a lot darker than what it seemed on my computer screen.  I'll edit it to something else when I can get back into my computer I think  Wink

(05-12-2016, 10:53 AM)Lexilicious Wrote: [ -> ]Heart Heart Heart  *gives Shiroi a lollipop*

Yay thank you, my first Lexi-pop! *unwraps and pops it happily in my mouth*
Shiroi Kuren

I love this so very, very much.  The pure emotion, love and progression of themes.  Just a wonderful piece.  I will keep this in my heart Heart  Your love is truly fortunate to have you. 

~   Heart  Seiryu  Heart ~
(05-28-2016, 11:30 PM)Seiryu Wrote: [ -> ]Shiroi Kuren

I love this so very, very much.  The pure emotion, love and progression of themes.  Just a wonderful piece.  I will keep this in my heart Heart  Your love is truly fortunate to have you.

Thank you Seiryu, love is a two way street for it to truly work.  Glad that you enjoyed it and took time to respond too. Smile