MNF Club Forums

Full Version: Father's Day Poem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good night my dears

To begin with, I never thought I could do that, I just don't think I have it in me, but after a translation of one of the most beautiful Portuguese "fados" I did to send to a dear friend, the idea hit me like a thunder.
And so, at first I just try to change some lines to the lyric and dedicate to my father, only...I couldn't, no, I just couldn't change only a few words, I have to make it for him, and for me as well, and that's what I did...
To you my HERO, my DAD, who had to handle 21 years ago with something no parent wants and should, for you... with so many tears shed while writing and listening... HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

I don’t know
And no one else knows the reason why
On this dark day of ache and mourning
With all my being tormented in warning
Something within me reassures and cry
I don’t know

It was God
That lit the eyes, perfumed the roses
Gild the sun and silver the moonlight
And filled the sky with stars so bright
That a glimpse the sadness imposes
It was God

That planted in our hearts
The heavy painful burden
Caught us all of a sudden
Embraces us and departs
It was God
And, He took him away from us

If I write
Don’t know about what, a mix of craving
Longing, bliss, love and maybe mistrust
Only know is the same to feel a disgust
And tears in the face leave you rejoicing
If I write

It was God
Who voiced the wind, lighted the firmament
Painted the blue sea and the spring flowers
And gave all who are suffering superpowers
To mask the grief and sorrow into a garment
It was God

That planted in our hearts
The heavy painful burden
Caught us all of a sudden
Embraces us and departs
It was God
And … He took him away from us!
And it was God
That now your Dad is happy in place full of bliss
A land where no stain of sorrow or worries ever touch

It was God
That now keep Him safe and joyous
So that he may watch upon you with smiles and delight

I am sorry I am not so good with poems or anything like that but I was just trying to send my condolences and "tried" to hopefully confert you with words better then what world can give you...Its not easy when love ones depart from this world but we have to know its a world they go to thats much better then the one we live in.

May your Dad soul Rest in Peace
*hugs you dearly*
Fen my fair lady...I'm touch, for real, so beautiful, so much sentiments, palpable...*hugs*
and that poem, Foi Deus, it's one of my favourites as well, but what you did to it, was magnificent...*kisses*
To my father I wish him a Happy Father's Day - *LOVE YOU DAD*
Dearest Fenix,

That was simply beautiful and poignant, a deeply-felt elegy... you moved me, dear lady. Your father must have been an exceptional man indeed.

Ivan
That is a beautiful tribute to your father Fen. Don't think you've lost him, cause he is still with, just not in flesh. And for as long as you remember him, he will live through you and your actions. So don't feel sad, or desperate cause we are here for everthing, even if just to land a friendly shoulder. Like someone said, you're a strong person.

Tight and warm hug
My dears...I appreciate all your words, but I need to clarify one thing...my father is alive, that's for him, not for his posthumous memory, it wasn't him God took 21 years ago, it was my brother, carried from us by a stupid car accident, as are all stupid accidents that lead us the loved ones.
sorry guys...it was my fault when i posted...i thought it was Fenix's Dad....I made a mistake in understanding it.

anyways @Fenix condolences to your brother may he Rest in peace (i really feel so embarrassed now Undecided )
Thank you Fenix.  Father's Day is approaching and my thoughts are drifting to ideas in this poem already.
Wow... very nice touch that you gave to the lyric of the fado 'Foi Deus', very good and very touching!
My condolences for your brother and my respects for you and for your father *hugs*
Thank you Maria and Seiryu for your kind words, kisses for both