MNF Club Forums

Full Version: A Painted Lady
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all,

Yesterday night I had the most intimate and soulful conversation; a precious and timeless moment shared with a close and trusted friend. It left me delightfully restless, and in the end I've come up with this little piece of poetry, which I hope you'll enjoy...

A Painted Lady

‘Twas morning, when dewdrops dot the verdant hollow,
Wandering idly by the murmuring water
Of the meandering brook; I espied yonder
Fluttering colors beckoning me to follow.

Approaching, I beheld a sight most heavenly:
There she stood, radiant, graceful and dignified,
Dainty butterfly of ochre and saffron dyed
Reclining on a purple-clad morning glory…

A painted lady, by any other name.

Marmorean flesh, locks of silken ebony
Softly she spoke unto me whilst I stood, smitten
By her honeyed wit and tasteful prose. Unbidden,
Yearnings most delightful and keen swelled within me.

Thou cameth forth, pastel muse of fiery creation,
No easel nor canvas may frame thy spirits now;
Kindred soul, modern Galatea, source of awe,
Free-willed masterpiece of divine inspiration…

A painted lady, by any other name.

Dear lady (you know who you are), it came from the heart... You are one of a kind.

Heart , Ivan
A portrait that delicately masks a maelstrom of feeling...

If I could attach a scent to this piece, it would be Ralph Lauren's Blue. Lightly floral, watery, with a hint of muskiness.
Ivan, you are a poet...so beauiful, so tender...so good to read something like that in here, THANK YOU!
Wow! Just wow! It was wonderful, no… i can't put a proper word to your masterpiece… you have my admiration for the eternity and beyond.
Your words, the rythm, the sincerity, feelings… that made my day
Soo many use of vocabs and words I've never seen, and yet it still managed to captivate me reading it Smile
I can say only one word : Wonderful!!!
It was well written. ^^ Sadly, I'm more for modern poetry, and only if I can really relate to it. But keep up the good work.
Thank you everybody, your comments mean so much to me...  Blush  i'm a little bit surprised by the popularity of this impromptu composition, however. 

Perhaps I should give poetry another try? I am open to suggestions (especially from you Emmie   Wink )

Cheers, Ivan
Yes, definintely a brainless bot.
Well, the other bots created their own thread. Not flooding all the others!
Pages: 1 2