MNF Club Forums

Full Version: VPN..?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was reading the following closed thread... Account Blocked!?

This got me thinking, what about those who use VPN's ("Virtual Private Network"), and was wondering how this affects them?

You could in theory have 500 users all using the same VPN address, so if one player got banned, what would happen to the other 499 players if the VPN gives them all the same IP address?

I use BitDefender as my antivirus, which includes VPN.  It's one of the top 10 antivirus on the market, so is likely many other users have.  

I would assume that if an individual IP was blocked they would be notified why?  But the other 499 innocent players would not get a notice.
Its very strange. I was able to log in fine, left for work, came back 10 hours later to account blocked. I don`t recall ever doing anything to get even warned. very strange indeed. hoping it gets resolved soon
Do they block the IP or a specific account? I feel like banning an IP is little crazy
My ip was blocked I cant log in with any account or create a new one
Let me clarify how it works. We DO NOT permanently ban IP adresses. We are fully aware of VPN's etc, so in the end, doing that would most likely only hurt others, and not the people the ban was directed at.

We do however ban the IP automatically for 24h after banning an account. Usually it's fine, but on occassion, that does affect someone else. Please contact support if that seems to be the case.
If you download a licensed application, then such a service can be trusted one hundred percent. For example, I installed the VeePN app https://veepn.com/vpn-apps/vpn-for-android/ about a year ago and am satisfied with the performance of this program. Everything is confidential here. The company does not share your personal data with third parties. If you have some kind of program, then this company helps to solve the problem in a variety of ways. The site has an online help center with some pretty helpful FAQs and troubleshooting charts.