MNF Club Forums

Full Version: The drinks are on me!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Part 1 - A night like others
(Some of you might recognize yourself in here. If it's a problem, I'm gonna change it! Smile  )  

And there he found himself walking again towards the dark, cold, shady place, like every night before. At the end of the sinous path from the waterfall, through the pine forest, stood there in the open, like a lighthouse on the shore. The Bar, the place in which all the people from this island gathered every evening, for a drink, for a dance, or for just the simple reason of being together with their friends, for a laugh and a good time.

As he was closing in towards the entrance of the Bar, all these thoughts started rushing through his mind. Already imagining the work he'll have to do, but in the end, hoping to bring a smile on the faces of all the people that will step through the arched entrance, and descend to the dance floor, following the wooden spiral staircase.

Reaching the end of the snow covered path, he started to recognize familiar faces waiting in the line to enter the Bar. Some were close friends, some were regular clients, which he saw almost every night, but didn't have the chance to exchange a word with them.

In a bit of a rush, as more and more people were starting to join the line, he swiftly greeted Ivan, as he was really close to the end of the line:
"- Hey Ivan, nice seeing you again, tonight! Gonna join the party?"
"- Hey there! Indeed, I can't wait to see who's gonna be the lead dancer! I'm assuming that you are the one on duty tonight, tending to our drinking needs?"
"- Ha ha! Yes, I'm the one that will take care of your drinks tonight, Ivan! And let me tell you this!", the bartender leaning in towards Ivan, following "from what I've understood, it's possible that the Contess herself, miss T can show up tonight for a dance."; this being the last words the bartender told Ivan, before turning around and going inside the Bar.

Upon resting his feet on the last step of the staircase, he could have noticed that tonight it's gonna be quite a busy night. The bartender could have already noticed the amount of people that've chosen the Bar for a night of relaxation. Making his way towards the counter, he can see that the fellow bartender was getting ready to finish the shift. 
"- Hey AJ! How's it going?"
"- Hey there! Well, been really good, can't complain. But man, it's been tiring. I can't wait to go home, sit down and relax"
"- Your home, or...?, both bursting out in laughter;
"- Well man, you see that girl over there? -the bartender turning his head in the way AJ was pointing, noticing a beautiful brunette, tall, dressed pretty sharp. 
"- Oh, she's really beautiful! And I can guess the answer to my previous question already! But don't let me keep you anymore. I'm gonna take it from here! You go and relax, and I'll take care of the drinks this night."
"- Alright man! Have an easy night! And take care!"
"- Thank you, AJ! And now go! Don't let that wonderful girl wait any longer for you!"

And so, the two bartenders changed the shifts! As AJ was heading towards the exit, accompanied by that gorgeous lady, V remained behind, starting to serve the people that were already gathering in front of the counter. People were still coming down on towards the spiral staircase. Out of the crowd, two guys approached V at the bar. 
"- We'd like 2 large pints of Guinness, please!"
"- Oh, hello again, Ivan! Oh, and I see that Ron joined you too! 2 pints, right away!"
"- V, where's miss T? You told me she's gonna dance tonight?"
"- Well, from what I know, she should arrive in like 20-30 minutes." Leaning in towards Ivan, telling him "And believe me, it's gonna be one hell of a show. I hope you two are ready", smiling, as the bartender bring the 2 pints to the gents. "Enjoy, and now, please excuse me, but I have to return to the people!"

The music was covering the discussions between the people inside the bar. A lot of them were together on the dance floor, letting themselves carried by the rythm, as the party was growing with every minute that was passing. From behind the counter, the bartender was able to take a good look around the bar. People that were on the dance floor, some people choosing the intimacy of the booths, to enjoy each other company, along with some good wine, while others, were expecting the arrival of the Contess herself, miss T, and the show that was about to come along with her presence in the bar. But in all the turmoil that was in the bar, the bartender couldn't help but notice the arrival of Her. His sight has been stolen by the beautiful figure of hers, that long, brown hair, and those dark eyes of her. Dressed casually, with a peach-like skirt and matching shirt, she went and joined some of her friends at one of the tables. 

To be continued...
(part 2 is here)
An interesting first part, my friend!

Can't wait to see what will happen next... Wink

Ivan
Niiice :-))
remembers me at some "old" times ;-))
Wow it's been a while since I've logged...

_Barbie_

Intrigued, we want more! Big Grin
Smile I could use a mojito enjoying your story, barman.
Thanks for that one, can't wait to read what comes next.
Interesting!

Can't wait for the next part.  Smile