MNF Club Forums

Full Version: Payback time III, Gun blazing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello hello! Caths' here for Payback Time part 3! I've been writing it for a long time now. Mostly because I lacked time or ideas.

By the way, I let this huge cliffhanger which isn't really one because I'm going to ask you how it should end! In the part four!

"Here's the situation, the Valeria family has taken over this part of the region without my consent. They're going to be punished. I need the 174th division of armored vehicles go there and the 744th legion of heavy infantry to guard this region here. I will end my turn and they will make their move, if they enter the range of our artillery, we'll open fire with high explosive shells. It'll damage them enough, reduce their moral and weaken their advance. Sounds good?" Said a vindicative Dalit while she was looking angrily at the screen.
   Dalit Vinci was a young woman who was sent to a long journey into the unknown. Her fleet had discovered an anomaly and the crew started to colonize available lands. The young leader was playing a game in her office, she loved playing war simulations and her bloodlust was still growing as time goes on.
   She looked at another screen which was showing footages of the killing spree of the Deathclaw. She chuckled and pushed a button which triggered the arrival of a masked humanoid, something foggy coming out of it's body.
   "Well, Henry, you did a nice job killing my children, what now? You're going to kill me?" She said with a smirk on her pretty face.
   "Hellen, Emmy, Kaycee, Ella, Elby, Amy. Those were your children, right? I killed them, but it's because you ordered them to chase me. What do you want from me?" Replied the Deathclaw with a guttural voice.
   She chuckled once more, looking at the beast with a smug face.
   "Kill, my friend. Kill even more! Kill thousands and thousands! Let these humans think you're unstoppable. I want them to feel fear, despair, horror!"
   "You made me for this, mother."
   "Of course, you're my favorite child. But it is sad that your sister revolted against us. What happened with her? I thought she was going to outrank you, but she ran away. I mean, she's the most advanced General I ever created."
   "Overthinking. She's just a defective duplication. She must die."
   Dalit sighed and looked a bit sad for a moment but she got up.
   "She mustn't die, but I have a special treatment for her. And even you would beg for me to never get this punishment from me." She said with a terrifying face.

Jonathan Smith was a detective who has seen a lot of stuff in his career, but he never had any case of monster who's a serial killer. His wife had left the house, went to hiding somewhere he doesn't even know. He was left alone in his home, but someone had another idea in mind.
   The bell rang and John opened the door.
   "Yo, Vinci here. What's up?" Said a good looking woman.
   "Who the hell are you?"
   "I'm Vinci, duh! I'm yo new neighbor. Yo, I've got somethin' to give ya. It's called a warnin', you get in our business, we get in yours. So don't mess with me, and I don't mess with ya, capciche?"
   He restrained himself from slapping the girl. At first she looked like an average young woman, but her attitude was weird and a bit out of character. He had to listen to her speech about not bothering her for ten more minutes before she decided she had talked enough and went home, the house right in front of his. And he wondered how lucky he was to have an annoying little neighbor living right in front of him. 
   The next day, another massacre happened, John could have said he was getting used to, but he didn't and he would never get used to such gory scene like those ones. He asked himself what would his life be if he had moved somewhere else. He went to the security room to look at the footages and found something weird on one of the tapes. It was before the arrival of the beast, the victims were forced to stay in the room, people in black were blocking the exits until the Deathclaw came in. No doubt now, someone was behind all of this, it wasn't a coincidence if the people were killed, it was planned, but why? 
   "You made a grave error, pal." Said a voice before he was hit in the back of the head, sending him into sleep.
   "What do we do with him, now?" Said a masculine voice.
   "Destroy the evidences."
   "Understood, I'm going to delete the tape and..." said the man before getting shot in his back.
   The person who shot the other knelt before the two men.
   "No hard feeling, pal. Just doin' the business of mum."

Dalit was furious, her plan to conquer a region in her game was blown by another player. She wanted to relax and went to a fight club where she could earn some money in an easy way, for her. Wearing something simple but practical, she crushed anyone who stood in front of her until the last opponent.
   "Mom?! What the hell?!" Said Diana.
   "You fight or not?" Said a Dalit who didn't care about the identity of her daughter.
   "What? No! You're going to kill me if I do."
   "Look, if you don't fight, you lose everything. Your money, your pride and my respect. So, fight or go home!" 
   The spectators weren't really listening to their conversation, they were too impatient to see the fight that they just encouraged by shouting them to kick each other. The family meeting was cut short when the police bursted into the fighting site, arresting people. The two had to either fight their way to escape or sneak out of it. Both didn't want to have problems with the Law enforcers and so they chose the sneaky way. 
   "Ugh... why did you stick with me?" Asked the mother.
   "Hey! It's not me who created a mayhem in this city! If you've never came here in the first place, I'd be living a quiet and peaceful life! You ruined everything, mom!"
   "I ruined everything? You ruined everything! I had plans for you and all and all! I planned to make you a Mother! A leader! My right hand! And you? You ran away without any reason! Like, I've never done something bad to you!" Shouted an angry Dalit when they where out of the mess.
   The both entered the car of the mother who was staying in the back of an alley.
   "Oh! Like if I wanted to die! You killed PJ! He hasn't done anything and you killed him! What's your problem?!" 
   "Oh! You're grounded, young lady!" 
   "I look older than you, mother! You could be taken as my little sister! So, you know what? You're grounded! Go to your room!"
   Both starred at each other for a while, the silence was becoming heavier until a police car drove in front of them.
   "Vinci, we have a problem! Our units are being attacked by the Orlando's family, they are supported by a mob boss. We need your assistance right now." Yelled the undercover Vinci agent.
   "Fine, send some anti riot units and one armored vehicle." The leader said, a bit annoyed.
   "This isn't a riot, miss. It's a full assault on our weapon factory, they are on the ammunition warehouse, it's rather explosive. One false movement and it means the end of this factory and everything around a medium radius."

The detective woke up with a painful headache, he noticed that he was tied on a seat facing a concrete wall. After looking around, he knew he was in an empty room, sitting next to a corpse. The exit door was made of iron painted in red. John thought out loud that he was screwed. An elevator music was being played.
   "Could have been worse, I guess? At least I can rest a bit."
   He felt into a deep sleep, he dreamed of a butterfly fluttering happily. He then heard a screaming voice, at first, he didn't understand what the voice said but as he was regaining consciousness, he understood but he kept his eyes closed.
   "…Old you not to kill him!"
   "I didn't! He was just knocked out! I swear!"
   "It's your last mistake, Diaz!" 
   "Wait no!" Said the person before getting shot.
   He heard the footsteps of the person getting closer to him, he felt a strong hand shaking him to wake him up, he resisted the temptation to open his eyes but then he received some vigorous slaps.
   "Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! We need to get out of here now!"
   A punch in the stomach finally made him open his eyes. He saw the body, a man in the mid-thirties, wearing a blue jacket and constructor hat. Then he saw her, that girl from yesterday, her look was different, she was wearing a blue pajama and had a toothbrush in one of her pocket. 
   "Wake up! We're surrounded! We need to evacuate you! Mom is going to be so pissed if you die right now! Come on! Move move move!" She said while untying him from the chair.
   "What's happening?!"
   "Some stupid gangsters thought they could attack the factory." She said, giving him the pistol of the second corpse, another man dressed like the other.
   "Why are you dressed like that?!"
   "It's freaking 6 in the morning, d'ya really think that I'd be dressed up at this hour?! Now let's go!"
   John followed her in the facility, hearing explosions and feeling them. The dust falling from the ceiling. Weapons being fired. People being killed. A flash of light blinded momentarily the detective. When he recovered, he was outside, on some sort of landing platform where an helicopter was waiting to take off. The pilot was yelling at them, telling them to hurry up, but the vehicle got blown up by a rocket.
   "Shit! We need to get outta here!" 
   "Oh god! What is the police doing?! The army?" Said a confused Jonathan.
   "We are Nomads! We don't need the help of your kind!"
   "Our kind? What does she mean by that?" He thought.
   Something went out of the column of smoke created by the carcass of the chopper. The Deathclaw itself engaged the invaders, John couldn't do anything except watching the massacre happening in front of him. The guts and heads flying in the air, some legs and some arms being torn apart from the body. Supported by Nomads, the monster easily disposed of the remaining of the attack. John threw up at the corner of the building when a head rolled at his feet.
   "Oh god! What in the hell?!" He shouted, horrified.
   "You mean the Deathclaw? No big deal. It'll disappear when the authorities will come." The young lady said, looking into the void.
   "I don't understand… is it the police?"
   "Mother is coming… I'm so gonna get fired after this…" she said, pointing her pistol to her mouth.
   He just had enough time to stop her from committing suicide. He took her in his arm to cheer her up, he didn't know how to do that properly, he never did that to his own child. He wondered why he was doing that, then he thought of his own daughter, she was so distant with him since she was a teenager. She never sent him a postcard or anything since she traveled abroad to help primitive tribes in the third world. 
   A car suddenly appeared, Dalit and Diana were sitting in it. The image of those two gave some goosebumps to the man who let go the young one. The director, Dalit Vinci came out of the car first, followed by the wife of the detective.
   "It seems that you have made acquaintance with BRT-08-M8." Said the woman of power.
   "What the fuck are you doing here? What is he doing here? What the hell?!" Said Diana first to her husband then to her mother. 
   "Oh, right. Actually, I wanted to make you suffer by hurting your husband then your children. Then I'd mentally torture you then with physical torture and I'd keep you in a chamber where you couldn't hurt yourself. I'd come to see you everyday, mocking you and abusing you. That was my plan at first."
   "You're a monster!" Said the married couple.
   "Of course I am. Anyway, I'm cool now. I have more important business to take care of. See you later."

"See you later."
   Dalit wasn't going to let them run a peaceful life so easily, but she wanted to take care of something first. It will soon be the arrival of the third expedition to this sector. In two months, a new batch of family members will come and the planet will be under the control of the Pietro family. The woman wasn't ready to give up her power, and she hasn't achieved everything she wanted, nor did the other families. But orders were orders and she had to prepare everything for the third arrival. 
   She gathered every representative of each family to a meeting of which she was the host. Dalit struggled to not kill anyone who was against her ideas. She was really proud of being part of this assembly, composed of distinguished people, each having confidence in them and not showing any weakness. 
   "We have received clear orders, prepare the arrival of the Reyna. We need to have a top notch landing plate-form, a banquet, an honorable welcome and everything. The Valerian and the Vinci will take care of the security. Make papa and mama happy, or else!" She said with fire in her dead eyes.
   "Easier to say than do. What about the humans?" Asked Buwisit Orlando, a man strong and smart who wasn't afraid of having dirt on his hands. 
   "You're really annoying, Buwisit. Why don't you shut your mouth?" Said harshly Kataliwasan Valeria, a woman who fought in many conflicts and who's got more scars than a tortured human.
   "Both of you shut up, we don't have much time for childish plays. Act straight. Now go and do what you do best." Dalit said, putting her foot down.
   The members had to agree on that point. 
   Few weeks later, on Earth, Dalit found the body of a Valerian member in the back alley of her skyscraper. A woman was sitting next to the body, polishing a sword covered in the blood of the dead man.
   "You must be Vinci, right? My sisters were right about you, you do look like us." Said the green eyed woman.
   "What are you talking about? Who are you? I don't remember you." 
   "Oh, don't worry, I'm not one of your so called duplications. I'm the original of a generation of clones. Neat, huh? Wait, what's the difference between duplication and clone? Well, it's easy. Clones are made of a specific DNA to make a specific being, while a duplication is made of a sample of tissue to create a living being, not identical to the original being."
   "I knew that, you don't have to tell me that."
   "Hahaha! Simple! Except us, nobody knows that."
   "I don't follow you…"
   "Never mind. I want to talk with you about something… something really dear to me…" Green woman said while walking in circle.
   "Tell me already, I haven't got all day!"
   "Fine, sis!" She said before getting closer to the face of Dalit. "DON'T. YOU. DARE. GET. IN. MY. BUSINESS." 
   Dalit shot her in the chest without any emotion. Green lady backed a bit, coughing some blood and covering the area where she was shot, she covered her mouth.
   "I do what I want, bitch." 
   The shot lady started laughing frenetically, she showed her hands covered in blood which got cleaned slowly but steadily.
   "I'm not a human, kill me all you want, you'll never get rid of me. But you know what? I'm going to destroy you and your pitiful empire. And I'll keep you as a trophy, a reminder of the victory of the Order versus the Vinci! Haha! Don't worry, I'll treat you nicely, in my bed and such."
   "Stop your monologues!" Shouted Dalit, shooting at her interlocutor.
   "Emma Brown." She said before disappearing.
   Dalit was more than annoyed to know that she has made an immortal enemy, she had so much problem that she had to find a quick solution, her first and most drastic one was the "death" of the Dearhclaw. She faked it at daylight, on a public place, where the Nomads used rockets on it. Once done, the little army went back to their base, preparing themselves to a guerrilla-like war. 

Jonathan Smith saw the public elimination, he was then assigned to another case. A murder which had occurred in the Ursion offices. The man has been killed with a sharp weapon, the interviews with the colleagues of the victim didn't helped since nobody knew if the man had enemies, nor saw something suspicious. The detective knew when someone lies to him or not, but there was no such thing. Then, he met Dalit once again while he was inspecting the camera footages.
   "Don't waste your time, I know the murderer. Sadly she's untouchable. Let my men handle from there, there's nothing you can do right now." She said, laying on the door wide open.
   "Who's that she?"
   "Emma Brown, the director of the Order. I've done my researches. It appears that she's running some weapon factories. Her rifles are quite good, I have to say, but the prices are more expensive than mine. She has opened business for forty years now, yet she looks like in her twenties."
   "Okay, I didn't need for so much info about 'she'. Now, what are you planning to do to me if I continue my investigation?"
   Dalit stood up with a sigh. 
   "Nothing, there's nothing I can do to stop you, isn't it? And by the way, if you find anything useful, tell me. She has threatened me. I'm encline to help your investigation if you want to, I'll lend you my best men."
   John turned to face her, her dead eyes were still there yet she looked a bit worried. He glanced at her clipboard which contained a list of facilities, like factories and warehouses. Dalit wasn't plain and noticed it, she hid it behind her back.
   "Anyway, you've got my number. Call me if you've got anything helpful." She said before leaving the room.
   The man took notes of his conversation and what he found. He decided to follow the lead to miss Brown. The company was indeed powerful, to speak to any employee, a meeting had to be booked two weeks in advance. Luckily for the detective, a friend of his was a friend to the director herself. Using this advantage, he got a meeting with Brown in a high class restaurant named "Per se" at six in the evening the very next day. His wife was a bit annoyed that he had a date with another woman, but for some reason she agreed to let him go alone. When he left home, she grabbed a scope and a radio then sneakily followed him, going to the next building to spy on him.
   "I have to say, I'm impressed. You look like my stepmother, not in a bad way." Said Jonathan after introducing him in a polite way.
   "Thank you. So, what brings you to me? If it's about the weapons, I only sell them to stable countries." Said an interested Brown.
   "Never mind the weapons, I'm investigating a murder case, it's about an employee of your concurrent, Ursion."
   "Oh, that. Yes, I've heard about that. Don't tell me she sent you to me." Said an annoyed director.
   "Not really. I found some footages showing you on the scene of crime that day."
   Emma sighed, rubbed her eyes and get in the back of her seat. A waiter came and took their order. Once the young boy gone, she made a welcoming smile.
   "You know, she and I don't really get along. I mean, when we were kids, we were constantly fighting for anything. So yeah, I get that she holds a grudge to me, but it doesn't meant that I was involved in your case. Plus, I've never been to her offices, since we do look alike, maybe it's her your saw, isn't it?"
   "Liar", Diana though.
   "Do you have an alibi? Where were you between 16 and 17 hours?"
   "I was in my office, you can ask client. He was there for a contract. He's the governor of the Ohio. Of course, I'm willing to fully cooperate with you.", she said with a smile.
   "Fine. We'll go to your offices once we finished."

"Hi, mom. I've got a favor to ask."
   "You've got gall to call me after what you've done. Anyway, what is it?"
   "My man is speaking with Brown. They're going to her office once their done."
   "You want me to interfere with them?"
   "What is going on with you? You're usually cold."
   "Never mind that. I'll send some undercover men, your men. I'll send you some gears. But in exchange, I want you to come back by my side."
   "You know what? Go to hell. I'm going to do it myself."
   "Fine, do as you please, but I'm sending your men. Is there any chance that you'll come back?"
   "None, but thank you anyway."
   "Yes, take care.", said a sad Dalit.

John and the director were in her offices, it was really spacious, the walls and the floor were in a clear white. There were few office workers, who were on a nightshift. Most of the employees were wearing a chirurgical mask, which made the man suspicious, it went down when he saw them coughing. It appeared that those people were sick. But by what?
   "Nothing unusual to you?", he asked.
   "Hah! No. Those people want to work, so I let them work. Of course, I can't let them infect the rest of my employees, so they work at night and wear a protection. That's the least I can do to them, isn't it?", she said with a smile.
   "Why do I feel like it's a lie?"
   "Because, who would believe that? Making people working at night and with that mask? Maybe you think that I'm hiding chemical weapons in these offices? Hah. I don't care. I love my people, I would never hurt them or make them feel bad. Is that a lie? Let's just say that I believe in a healthy capitalism."
   He kept quiet until they entered the security room. The footages showed her with the governor, negotiating. John also discovered the flirty side of the lady. Brown laughed at the scene and smiled.
   "Sorry for showing that to you, but a woman has more assets to deal with negotiation. Call it corruption? I call it negotiating! Anyway, you saw what you were looking for, right? And no, I'm not always like that, so don't worry about me."
   "That was interesting, in a way. Your alibi seems legit. I thank you for your cooperation."
   "If I can help you in any way, feel free to call me. I'm always willing to help agent of the Order. Now, will you agree visit the facility, I'll be the guide. It's a tradition for me."
   The little tour showed him how efficient this company was. From the administration to the maintenance of the building itself. The security was guaranteed by mercenaries, those were recognizable through the fact that they weren't wearing any uniform, and they had various weapons on them.
   "I do believe that it's the first time you see proper mercenaries in the flesh.", she said without looking at him.
   "Actually, it isn't. I met some Nomads before. They looked more organized than those guys, no offense tho.
   "It's okay. But those guys are the best of the best. Selected for their skills on the field as well as their loyalty. I would never hire strangers to protect my people."
   Diana appeared from the corner, she was wearing an uniform from an employee, the mask included. Brown nodded at her.
   "Night, sis. I hope everything is going alright."
   "Yes, I've got what I wanted."
   John didn't recognized his wife under the mask, but he felt like he knew her somehow. Diana walked on, she killed some employees the floor underneath. Her men attacked the data base to steal the information, but they met a great resistance. The mercenaries were more though than expected. The detective had to evacuate, escorted by two mercs. 
   "What's going on?", he asked.
   "We are under attack. Some intruders.", one of the mercenaries said.
   Jonathan was getting fed up with all these attacks. He knew that there would be gunfights in his life, but those weren't made by individuals but by groups of different organisations. As a matter of fact, he knew that Dalit was behind it, yet he preferred to side with her than the other woman who was always smiling. He felt like she was always lying, even to herself. He never liked someone who always lie. Once he was alone in his car, he phoned to Dalit.
   "Ursion inc, im listening."
   "It's me. I hope you know what you're doing, because I don't like it. By the way, I've talked to your opponent. It seems like she cares about her people. Your sister seems to be the opposite of you. She talks a lot and she always smiles."
   "She isn't my sister. We do look alike, but there's no blood relation between us. She's a lying bitch. Don't trust her, she's up to no good."
   "I guessed that."
   Someone knocked of the glass of the car, it was a woman like the one he saw earlier. He turned to face her and saw that she was holding a pistol.
   "Hang on, there's someone outside."
   He put his phone aside. The woman put down the mask. It wasn't Diana. That woman had a scar on the mouth, a battle-scar-like one. She put her pistol on his forehead.
   "You thought I didn't figured it out? You're with the Vinci. Now you're gonna die."
   "Wait! How do you know?"
   "You're kidding right? Your wife is a Vinci dog, you phoned to that Vinci whore and you received protection of those dogs. Now shut up and die!"
   John duck to dodge the bullet just in time, but the detonation stunned him as the sound pierced his ears. The woman screamed and backed a bit, covering her ears. John drove away until a squad of armed Nomads stopped his car.
   "You're in good care now, sir. Stay away from this area. Don't worry, there has been an evacuation of the civilian. It's going to be a battlefield in here, so you should hurry.", said one of the Nomads.
   "What?!"
   "I knew it would happen, so I sent my men. I'm sick of this cold war. It ends now.", said the figure of Dalit through a tv screen help by one of the armed people. 
   John didn't know what to do, letting those people destroying his city, or intervene. He decided to observe the scene alongside the troops. Armored vehicles came to assist, two ASVs painted in beige and a .50 cal machine gun turret mounted on them and one Abraham tank in the same color. There were more platoons entering the perimeter. The detective stayed behind one ASV as the gunfights raged on in that part of the city. The Order sent over soldiers, actual soldiers to defend the building and the nearby area. 

Dalit was in her room, her control helmet on. She was facing a dozen of computer screens, showing the advancement of the battle. They showed confused scenery of the fight.
   "Oh god! They have snipers in their tower!"
   "What are you waiting for? Commander, shoot that building. No, shell it with HE ammo.", said Dalit to a tank commander.
   "Ma'am. Their men are better trained than us. We've lost two platoons yet. We need reinforcements!"
   "The Valerian is sending troops, they are en route. Hold on for 30 minutes.", the lady answered.
   "Ma'am, Red Canary got wiped out in an instant. We need back ups now!"
   "Retreat to the Beta zone, Kataliwasan's company should be there. You'll fall to her commands there.", Vinci said.
   "Miss! There has been a security breach! Buwisit Orlando is leading his troops through the facility. He's almost there, we are replying the best we can."
   Dalit put off their helmet and snorted. 
   "Don't interfere, I'm going to deal with him personally.", she said while reloading her pistol. 
   She went out of her room and shot Orlando's men without any hesitation, once her magazine empty, she put it out and threw it at Buwisit, screaming furiously. He barely dodged it.
   "Shut the fuck up or I'll kill you! I'll fucking kill you, you piece of shit!", she shouted without him saying anything.
   "Quiet, bitch! I've had enough of your act! You killed my brother! You fucked him up, so now I'm going to fuck you up!", he said before charging her.
   He tackled her, pinning her on the ground and ripped her shirt.
   "You'll pay for what you've done! All those lives you destroyed!"
   He choked her with his left hand and with the other one, he ripped her clothes as she struggled to breath and to get out of his grasp.
   "Shut up, you dog!", Dalit replied.
   He pulled his pants down.
   "Get off me! You fucking maggot!"
   He ripped her underwear easily.
   "I said, get off!", she shouted, kicking him with her feet and fists. 
   She started to go unconscious, her sight was getting blurred as the minutes passed on. Buwisit tried to pull himself in but she was closed, as tight  as the situation. She closed her legs, he tried to spread them.
   "Damn bitch, your though er than expected!"
   He stopped chocking her to punch her in the face. Half-conscious, she tried to block the hits with her arms. Then she saw more Orlando's men. They hold her arms and legs, so she couldn't move at all. Buwisit was laughing.
   "Who's the little shit, now? Now take it like the little bitch you are."
Niiice to get the continuation ;-))
.. Will read it very soon ;-))
.. .. Thank you ;-))