MNF Club Forums

Full Version: Uma mulher em plena floração (a tribute in English)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello my friends,

This poem was written in a single afternoon, but the subject matter had been tossing and turning in my mind for a good while now. I wanted to pay homage to a very special lady, beloved by all, and one of the most important member of our online community... here's to you, Tania.

Uma mulher em plena floração

The ashes of her fiery rebirth glittering
Like stardust sown across the night sky’s velvet cloth,
She walks the Land anew, unfettered, and from troth
Delivered, standing tall and proud, freely blooming
With sparkling, colorful mien and heady fragrance
Laden with subtle hints of passion and romance;

Lo! Here she comes, a senhora renascida,
     Stunningly beautiful in her simplicity,
     Beloved pillar of our unique community,
     A flower by any other name: miss Tania!

Reborn through the slow, painful ordeal of broken
Promises, betrayed yet faithful to the very last,
She endured, rising over the ruins of the past
Like the radiant orb of the morning sun, woken
From darkened dreams shackling her creativity,
Now free to express her newfound sensitivity;

Lo! Here she is, uma dona magnífica,
     True daughter of Lusitanian nobility,
     Alluring queen of seductive maturity,
     Alma indomável... simplesmente Tania!

Ivan

P.S. I fervently hope my timid attempt to employ a few Portuguese words was done correctly; I apologize in advance to the whole Portuguese-speaking community for any grammatical errors and/or nonsensical use of certain terms.... desculpai !
Looking really good
Really nice piece Ivan Tongue Your portuguese was good by the way eheh. I'm sure Tania likes it too
(10-20-2016, 10:08 AM)Altaria Wrote: [ -> ]Really nice piece Ivan Tongue Your portuguese was good by the way eheh. I'm sure Tania likes it too

I did try to doublecheck it as much as I could... that's the problem with languages one doesn't know at all; the risks of making a grammatical mistake are high, and even if your sentence remains intelligible (as far as native speakers are concerned), there's a good chance it will sound weird and/or hilariously funny.

Never put too much trust in GoogleTranslate.  Rolleyes

Ivan
Ivan...

I have no words to describe what I'm feeling right now...

I really was thinking in leave for good, because I can't... I won't... never again, stand for injustices, I dealt with them all my life and now... now I said NEVER AGAIN! but...

You made me think twice, how can I abandon a community with gentle persons like you, like Cath, like Rick, Alt...like my dear Ash, the grumble Bombom, my sis...how can I?

PS your Portuguese is excellent, I wish all Portuguese natives were able to apply the grammar you used!
(10-20-2016, 09:01 PM)Simple Tania Wrote: [ -> ]Ivan...

I have no words to describe what I'm feeling right now...

I really was thinking in leave for good, because I can't... I won't... never again, stand for injustices, I dealt with them all my life and now... now I said NEVER AGAIN! but...

You made me think twice, how can I abandon a community with gentle persons like you, like Cath, like Rick, Alt...like my dear Ash, the grumble Bombom, my sis...how can I?

PS your Portuguese is excellent, I wish all Portuguese natives were able to apply the grammar you used!

The community would be greatly diminished by your absence, my dear friend; you've touched the hearts and minds of so many people around here... admiramos você, senhora agradável *bows deeply*

Learning that my poem helped you reconsider your decision pleases me to no end - and I'm willing to shower you in prose and poetry, if it helps secure your lasting presence amongst us...*playful wink*
Thank you Ivan, you helped... a lot!

*blowing kisses*
Oh! Now I get it!