MNF Club Forums

Full Version: A sonnet for a dear friend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do I think of this sweet young woman,
Who pays me more heed than I could deserve,
Where do I find the words I must summon,
To write her a missive that's sure to serve.

What can I say, but I wonder at her,
Who is light and bright, with depths and currents,
Where it is easy to be fast ensnared,
To find in that soft bond reassurance.

What do I want, from this wonderful girl,
Who has herself chosen to be my friend,
Wherefore naught, but continue to unfurl,
To be inspired and my hand to extend.

Maria, smart, kind, fun and insightful,
Cath, bubbly whacky and delightful.
Just, a beautifully written poem with a lovely thought interlaced throughout. I really liked it. Your imagery is tight and evocative. I have a hard time picking out a favorite part, because I like the whole thing.
Aww...there's something underneath all of this I think we can all relate to, especially when our mind wonders and sonders to the ones we hold dear.
Thanks Cuylie, that means a lot. I wrote this on request to write something more in my old style, and it just kind of flowed out as I thought about my friendship with Cath.
I told you it was going to be fine!
*Hugs* Yep, right as usual.
(06-28-2016, 06:25 AM)Barbiesque Wrote: [ -> ]Aww...there's something underneath all of this I think we can all relate to, especially when our mind wonders and sonders to the ones we hold dear.

I only just now noticed that you posted this when I was writing my reply to Cuylie! Yeah, its nice to think about people we care about.
Haha, it's alright. And yeah we do seem to get distracted and never realise what we have until it's gone or in doubt...

Human nature...of the last 3... Wink