MNF Club Forums

Full Version: Grieve
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Humbly, for my ame soeur here, and for my lifelong friend out there and her daughter and for His Mom, and for my sisters and brothers everywhere.  I know, feel and share your pain.

"Just in case you thought Memorial Day was just another excuse to get drunk or cookout."

[Image: 3.png]

Grieve

It said you were gone.
Saving others.
I already knew.
I was at your Mother's.

Realization.
That look in her eye.
The same in mine.
We held each other.
We began to cry.

No words spoken.
Weeping.
Sobbing.
Silence.

We felt your soul leave.
A consuming aching chill.
Cold pain as we grieve.

RIP

~  Heart Seiryu  Heart ~
May he rest in peace Seiryu. Dearly departed but never forgotten. So many, including myself, have been touched by people who have died in the line of duty. A wonderful poem capturing the feeling I am so familiar with, that one heart breaking moment when you and a loved one know that he or she is gone, and not coming back. My thoughts are with you, even as my heart breaks anew.
(06-17-2016, 06:10 AM)Shiroi Kurēn Wrote: [ -> ]May he rest in peace Seiryu.  Dearly departed but never forgotten.  So many, including myself, have been touched by people who have died in the line of duty.  A wonderful poem capturing the feeling I am so familiar with, that one heart breaking moment when you and a loved one know that he or she is gone, and not coming back.  My thoughts are with you, even as my heart breaks anew.
Thank you so very much Shiroi Kuren.  I am forever grateful to you.  Your sharing gave me the inspiration and courage to post this, and now, by doing so, you have helped and brought peace to three others.

~  Heart  Seiryu  Heart  ~
This thread really touched me, the picture, the poem, all the grieve, all the lost, the realization and the acceptance...I'm deeply touched, may all those who gave their life's for their countries, for their way of living, for freedom, for trying to make this, a better world, Rest In Peace and all those loved ones, everywhere, may find a little comfort in knowing that!
For them, for us, for human kind, my solemn condolences!
It isn't just about those who are killed. Lives are lost in other ways. War changes people; I lost two friends, not through death, but because they came back traumatised. Let us not forget those who are alive but no longer with us.
Emotional poetry reading for me this morning. I'm sorry for those that you lost.

On...well, a more technical end. I like the shape of the poem, it reminds me a little bit of a grave marker. I don't know if that was intentional or it is just my mind teasing more meaning out of it because of the subject matter.