MNF Club Forums

Full Version: Poison
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Poison

You think you are bright.
All knowing and wise.
Then use your insight.
Open your eyes.

You skulk in the dark.
I live in the light.
I won't let you drag me there,
try as you might.

Blinded by anger.
Consumed by hate.
Life is short,
not a moment to waste.
You are toxic to me,
and sealed your fate.
                                        ~Anallee
Quite different from your other work, but I can feel the passion behind the words, even how it ties in a little to some previous themes of yours. Feels like a progression, leaving things behind. Nicely done, looking forward to more!
(05-19-2016, 06:13 AM)Shiroi Kurēn Wrote: [ -> ]Quite different from your other work, but I can feel the passion behind the words, even how it ties in a little to some previous themes of yours.  Feels like a progression, leaving things behind.  Nicely done, looking forward to more!

Thank you so very much Shiroi Kuren  Heart  Thank you for your inspiration and for sharing your story.  It helped me more than you know, or perhaps you do. Heart
*hugs Lee* beautiful piece my dear, love it so much!
(05-19-2016, 08:28 AM)Fenix-TS Wrote: [ -> ]*hugs Lee* beautiful piece my dear, love it so much!

awwwwww! *hugs Fenix*  Thank you so much, I'm happy you enjoyed it.  Smile
(05-19-2016, 07:32 AM)Sharp Wrote: [ -> ]Feelings and thoughts I think we have all had at some point. *cuddles*

Thank you Sharp.  *cuddles*
A strong piece, Anallee; and a liberating one, I'm sure. Aknowledging a toxic relationship is the first step to get out of it (or steer it in a more healthy direction, if at all possible). Keep writing from the guts, lady - therein lies true inspiration.

Ivan
(05-21-2016, 04:35 PM)IvanXLIV Wrote: [ -> ]A strong piece, Anallee; and a liberating one, I'm sure. Aknowledging a toxic relationship is the first step to get out of it (or steer it in a more healthy direction, if at all possible). Keep writing from the guts, lady - therein lies true inspiration.

Ivan

Thank you Ivan for your understanding and kind words.  It truly is the first step and sometimes the only step required.
(05-23-2016, 07:56 AM)Boy_No_Good Wrote: [ -> ]I love it! It's a strange one for me; I imagine it is written for or about another, but when I read it I was saying those words to myself, to a part of me I have tried to rid myself of. But such is the way with poetry, words written to mean one thing will mean another to somebody else.

Nevertheless, a great poem, Anallee.

Ahhhhh!  You're good Boy_No_Good!  You got my hidden meaning as well.  I drew that from a personal experience in real life, and yes, it does have that meaning as well for me.  And you are correct about poetry, sometimes the same words meaning different things to each reader depending on the intent of the author.  Thank you very much for your kind words and reflection.