Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Ingame Scam Prevention
I would suggest money first, code after. And another thing that could help a lot if it turns out to be a scam. Keep a record of all the codes you have bought/sold, and from/to who. And keep that record for at least as long as the code would last. Or if you quit MnF. I'll give a scenario so it's easier to understand why.

Imagine if a code changes hand maybe 4 times before it's used. That means someone bought the code from Vendo or CCbill, who this is, doesn't always show sadly. Then sold it to someone, who sold it on to someone else who then sold it to someone that used it, or attempted to. At this point, something is revealed to be wrong. The fault could lie with any of these 4 people for all a moderator knows, depending on what went wrong. With a clear record, you can tell a moderator who you bought from, and who you sold to. And investigating becomes a lot easier.
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]
(05-18-2018, 11:49 PM)Zephyr Wrote: IIs it a scam?
Sending a pic showing money does not mean you will pay.   I would be wary.
She then actually advises you to buy from an approved seller.   She seems more scared of being ripped off herself.
She might not understand the role of mods:  not sure if they even want to get involved even if you can find one.
She never forced anything and I would not sell to you just because you could prove, and I have shown to you that that can be faked, that you have a certain sum.

Yea, but suggesting a moderator to moderate the exchange, specifically after telling them what a moderator is, does mean I’m willing to pay. Arguing against that fact is pointless. I told her I have the money willing to pay, offered her proof, then next offered her a secure exchange procedure. She promptly refused and deleted her avatar. She was not an approved seller, had I given her the money first, I wouldve lost it all. So money should always go second, in my opinion, since they CHOSE not to be vetted by kumori
(05-19-2018, 10:48 AM)JohnSins Wrote:
(05-18-2018, 11:49 PM)Zephyr Wrote: IIs it a scam?
Sending a pic showing money does not mean you will pay.   I would be wary.
She then actually advises you to buy from an approved seller.   She seems more scared of being ripped off herself.
She might not understand the role of mods:  not sure if they even want to get involved even if you can find one.
She never forced anything and I would not sell to you just because you could prove, and I have shown to you that that can be faked, that you have a certain sum.

Yea, but suggesting a moderator to moderate the exchange, specifically after telling them what a moderator is, does mean I’m willing to pay. Arguing against that fact is pointless. I told her I have the money willing to pay, offered her proof, then next offered her a secure exchange procedure. She promptly refused and deleted her avatar. She was not an approved seller, had I given her the money first, I wouldve lost it all. So money should always go second, in my opinion, since they CHOSE not to be vetted by kumori

Well, it goes both ways. The seller can be scammed as well. Just had a situation of this girl trying to prove she had the money with a lousy screenshot. In the end, she said it was obviously a scam and blocked me. Some people, huh?
(05-19-2018, 04:55 PM)-Charlie- Wrote: Well, it goes both ways. The seller can be scammed as well. Just had a situation of this girl trying to prove she had the money with a lousy screenshot. In the end, she said it was obviously a scam and blocked me. Some people, huh?

Of course it goes both ways, I never said it didn’t, scammers come in many forms... Why not be an approved seller though? Then none of this applies to you really, as you dictate how the transaction can go (Since you proved to be trustworthy to a mod)?... Asking for the code first is really only for an approved seller, because there are much more incidents involving fake sellers and it’s a lot easier to get away with money than a code that is traceable...
So how does someone become an "approved seller" and is there a list somewhere?
(05-24-2018, 01:07 PM)Elven_Tra(m)p Wrote: So how does someone become an "approved seller" and is there a list somewhere?

The list of approved sellers is pinned in this section of the forum.
List of approved sellers is here :
http://www.mnfclub.com/forum/showthread....2#pid30742
[Image: detail.gif]
Is this a scam?  Asked for price but got no reply so can’t say more.  Trusted seller seems to make unwary think he is approved.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The fact that he is premium is a good sign, might still be a scammer though. I can't stress this enough. NEVER, EVER, buy from a non-premium seller.
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]
one thing I do not understand if they are loyal and correct sellers they will not create other avatars. I think it's logical not to trust someone who is 1 level, and with similar names. I guess we all know who really sells real codes Big Grin Rolleyes
Imagine that you fall to the height of your ego, to the height of your intelligence - you are dead