Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Studio Apartments
Maybe at some point we will be able to design clothes the same way. Wink
I am a newbie when it comes to photoshop and other programs, it would be cool if someone could make a guide on how to costumize your room in the future Smile
All very good but how about some help to do it - for those that don't know?
I used a program called GIMP to help design my apartment. Basically select an area and change pattern was about as good as I got. Still practicing though.
Example in attachment.

I used vector graphics program called CorelDRAW, I didn't see the need in using heavy editing programs for this.
Mainly what I did is I "over draw" the shapes of all the walls, be it square, rectangular or custom shapes.
The background you download is pretty much just a flat image that looks 2D because it has some angle and dimensions.

So remember how you picked some drawing in school and you put paper on it and you "over draw" to get a copy.
This is pretty much what I did, I copied the room shapes, then added my own or removed few areas of the room.
Added texture images to those shapes in correct angle so it looks like floor, wall or whatever else you want.
Just type in google 'tile floor texture' etc, and you get textures, no real need to create your own ones.
Then it's just a matter of aligning the background to the props the game puts over it, so it's not off and looks good.

Things you can't really do is put items on props, like table or bed, those will go under it as it's just a background we work with.
But you can edit the window, I removed drapes and added shades, will probably put a flower pot or cat there.
Also can add some misc. items on walls and floor, like gaming console in front of TV and rugs.
But make sure if you add something that you will be able to walk all over it with character, as it has no boundaries and is just a picture.

I probably won't be re uploading edits of the apartment, because I do a lot of changes when I feel like it. So if you wish to check it, hit me up in game.
I mostly help people in game either with a word or a deed, so don't be a stranger PM.
Good luck. Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks iPOP. I liked what you did to window, getting rid of drapes.

Cut down version of CorelDRAW costs about £50 and I don’t think I have any other use for it. Seen offers of free downloads but am wary.
Think that I will start with Gimp as Maddisin suggests (ty also); it is open source so free. It might be good enough for this.
You can get trial versions, just check official websites of the programs you're interested in. I'm using a lot of crap for work so I have a lot of choices, but Corel will be one of the old ones I'm stuck with, been using it over 20 years. I'm more of a old school with graphics stuff haven't got into the new modern programs. I use Corel for vector stuff and Photoshop for everything else. Though I'm kind of into 3D a bit with Carrara, but they don't support that thing that much. Rambling! Have fun. ;D
(07-29-2017, 04:39 AM)iPOP Wrote: You can get trial versions, just check official websites of the programs you're interested in. I'm using a lot of crap for work so I have a lot of choices, but Corel will be one of the old ones I'm stuck with, been using it over 20 years. I'm more of a old school with graphics stuff haven't got into the new modern programs. I use Corel for vector stuff and Photoshop for everything else. Though I'm kind of into 3D a bit with Carrara, but they don't support that thing that much. Rambling! Have fun. ;D

I used the standard Microsoft Paint program to redesign my Rooms

[Image: 2nd_rooms.png]

Except for this image whereby I used Cinema 4D

[Image: LA_BW_hi-res.png]
Visit the MnF Ambassador site for information MnF Clans..  (Please contact me to list your clan)
[Image: ambassador-ani3.gif?w=736]
Thanks for suggestions. Trial for Corel lasts 15 days I think. Trouble is I have not really used any of these types of programme.
I think there's no harm in using the software longer if you reinstall, unless you use it to make money. And I'm sure there are some older versions of it around that might be freeware at this point. There are like ~20 versions of Corel.