Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Revamped Customisation System discussion
Star 
So i have this idea. I have mentioned it before in the suggestion thread and to people in game and i always get a very positive reaction, but then the discussion dies out again. So i thought i should maybe make a new thread to talk about it in a bit more detail.

As the title sugest i have a dream about a slightly changed clothing system.
Right now we can all pick a hat, glasses and our entire outfit.
Matching hats and glasses with our outfit gives us some customisation in our look, but i think we can do better.

My suggestion is we take the Outfit part of the menu, and devide it into shoes, legs, top and Accesoiries.

shoes, legs and top would function the same as always, pick one you want to wear and done. Accesoiries can be all kinds of the litle extras that now are included in an outfit, like the cat tail for the furry outfit, the axe from the barbarian, or the shiny jewelry from the oasis outfit. Accesoiries would function differently in this new system by allowing you to wear multiple, adding new special parts to your ensemble.

I think this would give us TONS more variations of outfits, even for non premium users to a lesser extent.

you could wear jeans with a bikini top for a bad ass bitch look. Or maybe you as a guy want to look stylish in your suit jacket, and complete the outfit with a much more casual jeans for a more relaxed but nice look. Maybe you want to wear your furry legs and tail with some other outfit to display your love for neko ladies! Or add fancy gloves to your evening dress! Possibilities galore!

I honestly think this would make people start fine tuning their apearance more, even giving room for better rp's when peoples outfit matches the story.

EXTRA: Maybe we could do the same for hair? letting us pick the ''front'' of the haircut as well as the ''back'' (thats how the artwork works i think, correct me if im wrong talented peeps!), it might be a bit more painfull to add to the sex animations, but again, gives us more ways to make ourselfs look different and apealing! bonus point for letting us colour the front and back seperately for highlights  Angel

What do y'all think? would this make you care more about spending cash on clothes? Enhance your rp or even your self image? What are some of the combinations you would try out? Let your imagination fly in this picture of a better world!

(first thread, did i do good?  Big Grin )
I've read all of it and honestly, I have to say that this are some really nice suggestions.

And now, from what I know that has been mentioned some time ago in a different topic, if I can recall correctly, the whole clothing system works on a mesh kind-of base. That means, the whole outfits are a whole and basically cover some blocks on the avatar, like head, whole body, eyes and so on.

If so, implementing your suggestion, would mean breaking down the different mesh that represent an outfit, in different smaller ones. I don't mean that it's impossible, but I don't know the amount of work that would be required to make it work. And also, don't know how it would affect the standing/walking animations.

Other than that, they are some really nice ideas and a well written first thread. Smile
[Image: NDPLBU9.png]
I like this idea and it is something the devs should think about. Customization goes a far way in a sex game, and this would add tons of that.
[Image: dd9e026171e8ffec5ad81393bf6c4a4d3da435e3.gif?637951]
(05-09-2017, 04:00 PM)Vrook Wrote: I've read all of it and honestly, I have to say that this are some really nice suggestions.

And now, from what I know that has been mentioned some time ago in a different topic, if I can recall correctly, the whole clothing system works on a mesh kind-of base. That means, the whole outfits are a whole and basically cover some blocks on the avatar, like head, whole body, eyes and so on.

If so, implementing your suggestion, would mean breaking down the different mesh that represent an outfit, in different smaller ones. I don't mean that it's impossible, but I don't know the amount of work that would be required to make it work. And also, don't know how it would affect the standing/walking animations.

I thought, because thats what i do on the rare ocasions i draw something, that most different pieces of the outfit would be a different layer int he art program. So they would indeed need to recode, that not an entire outfit goes on the body, but that pants go onto legs etc. Then the artist could cut and paste the seperate layers into files of themselfs. or something like that. Im not an expert off course, could be way more work... 
Regarding animations i think its the same, they allready have animations for all pants and tops, they are just stuck together, seperate them and presto, done.

(05-09-2017, 05:16 PM)DarkFutaQueen Wrote: I like this idea and it is something the devs should think about. Customization goes a far way in a sex game, and this would add tons of that.

Glad you like it! I once send it to the feedback email adress of the devs, but only got the ''Thank you for your idea, we will think about it.'' reply XD 
So i kinda wanted to spread the idea among the other players.

Any ideas on what you guys' outfits would be? :3
Mixing clothes may be a nice idea but I think that it involves too much work for the benefits it gives
Just FIXing THE HATS and adding more color customizing abilities (ex: Picking the shirt coLors on the suits, and etc) will win me over for playEr customizAtion...... probably more typeS of hair too....yea, dEfinitely more hair styles...
(05-10-2017, 02:08 AM)JohnSins Wrote: Just FIXing THE HATS and adding more color customizing abilities (ex: Picking the shirt coLors on the suits, and etc) will win me over for playEr customizAtion...... probably more typeS of hair too....yea, dEfinitely more hair styles...
This is an easier way to implement this (even though its not exactly very free in terms of customization) and OMG YES WE NEED MORE HAIRSTYLES!!!
It can be done. But in my experience this sort of thing needs a lot of Work. Theres the coding part like already stated and the artsy part so all the clothes can be compatible with each one. Yes on more hairstyles also
(05-09-2017, 10:53 PM)Zephyr Wrote: Mixing clothes may be a nice idea but I think that it involves too much work for the benefits it gives

Ok so that is an interesting opinion. And allow me to do some shoddy math to show my point, afterwich i will react to what i actually think you are trying to say. 

Not enough benefits? Let us analyse this the way i love, with messy math: Lets assume some number, even tho the calculation works (i think). Right now, if you are a girl in the game, you have 10 outfits to choose from (assuming premium), all these outfits have 2 colors to pick, each with 20 options. That means that even one outfit has 400 different variation. So in total you have 4000 different outfits to pick from. You also get to pick one from the glasses list. so i think about 8 options, each with 400 colour variations. And there are about 15 hats, also with 400 colour variations. Meaning that right now, a woman has 4000 outfits, times 3200 options for glasses, times 6000 options for hats. Wich brings us to a grand total of 76.800.000.000 Options for our outfits. That is a big number. 
Adding just one (1) outfit would increase this number to 84.480.000.000. 
Keep in mind that from these billions of options, A lot may be way too ugly or ridiculous to actually wear.

Now lets compare to my proposed system.
I am going to assume the worst and give shoes just one colour choise, same as legs (it does vary per outfit, but im painting with a mallet here), tops get two colours, and i will not take accesoiries into consideration.
Converting the same amount of outfits will give us 10 shoes with 20 colours, 200 options. 200 for pants. tops get 4000. Hats and glasses stay the same. So we would get 200*200*4000*3200*6000= 307.200.000.000.000 Options! Now both numbers are big, but this is a factor of 10 thousand more options! Without taking into acount the coolness of adding accesoiries. So yes it might be a lot of work to implement, but it would skyrocket the amount of ways we could look, without even looking at skincolour, hair, face, bewbs and whatnot.

[/terriblemath]

But what i think you meant is, customisation isnt as important as adding more of other things to the game. And yea, i guess a little. But from what i see in the game, new features arent added a lot, and everytime it does it is a big frenzy for 2 or three days, and then everyone goes back to their usual routine, standing around, random invites and lots and lots of rp. And in my personal opinion, it is a lot easier to find people, even new people to talk to, is if you look diffferent from the thousands of perfect bodyshape people in the game XD  Giving us more ways to make ourself unique gives us more RP inspiration and a way to be ourselfs, wich is what will help more then another minigame.

But i do get your point, big things are hard to add, let alone remaking something they allready did...

(05-10-2017, 06:09 AM)Avax69 Wrote:
(05-10-2017, 02:08 AM)JohnSins Wrote: Just FIXing THE HATS and adding more color customizing abilities (ex: Picking the shirt coLors on the suits, and etc) will win me over for playEr customizAtion...... probably more typeS of hair too....yea, dEfinitely more hair styles...
This is an easier way to implement this (even though its not exactly very free in terms of customization) and OMG YES WE NEED MORE HAIRSTYLES!!!

Well i also mentioned my idea can be used for hairstyles, and i FULLY agree with #makehatsgreatagain!

(05-10-2017, 03:16 PM)Zackman Wrote: It can be done. But in my experience this sort of thing needs a lot of Work. Theres the coding part like already stated   and the artsy part so all the clothes can be compatible with each one. Yes  on more hairstyles also
Well... you would need to check outfits dont clip through eachother or something, but making them look good? no need, we can pick what looks good ourselfs Tongue
This is one of the updates I would like the most! Heart