Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.63 Average
Economy balance discussion
as far i know code sellers only reason to exist is, because the payment metods dont cover half of the world, because the company that makes the transactions posible only works with usa credit cards
That WAS the original intent of code sellers. Now it's just whoever has more in-game cash which basically renders the original purpose moot.

Quite frankly code selling ruined this game the momment people created economy from it. Now people can't farm/bot/play without being shunned by people who think your breaking an economy that shouldn't exist in a game like this in the first place and that they brought upon when they kept asking for code selling.
[Image: EmFMdK2.gif][Image: ffYZrp2.gif]
gifs from old public released scenes. IMO they were pretty good. *note if this is not allowed,please pm me and I'll remove immediately
Or why not give verified code sellers from the devs an icon and people who sel the codes with no icons can get banned on report.
(09-21-2018, 01:13 PM)Timejiver8 Wrote: Or why not give verified code sellers from the devs an icon and people who sel the codes with no icons can get banned on report.

Won't change much as long as sellers sell based on "the economy", verified or not. People who can't afford it will complain which is why this economy balance thread sprung up in the first place. Even before botting was a thing, and prices were lower at about the 120-200k-300k(?) range people were still whining; now that botting IS A THING, they have something to scapegoat. Strictly setting prices, also does nothing as people who can afford them will buy them while people who can't will whine again, basically back to square one. As long as there are the haves and have-nots, the problem will persist regardless of if there are bots, so why not just kill the source of the whining/complaining? Like how parents resolve a dispute over a toy by simply taking it away.

ps; from what I've heard, botting seems to be quelled for now as many botters have been banned and the source has been dealt with.
gifs from old public released scenes. IMO they were pretty good. *note if this is not allowed,please pm me and I'll remove immediately
(09-18-2018, 08:02 PM)Sapphire94 Wrote: I have been playing MnFCLUb probably since it got publicly released so I have had plenty of time to watch it progress to what it has become. Honestly, even as one myself, code sellers have ruined the economy. I say that because code sellers constantly buy from others which means that the buyer has to increase their price to make a profit which caused the inflation.

The real problem that I saw though was that there was an economy created at all. I remember the time when MnF cash was just meaningless and could be farmed in ways like multiple avatars or the bot thing or whatever. That all changed when they made it so you could purchase money.

A good friend pointed out to me that them making the cash have actual value wasn't the problem. It was the fact that after they did that and patched the avatar exploit they made everything completely more expensive. Clothes, the houses, there's even a pose where you need money and not just exp (two now that I just thought of the lesbian pose) and that is insane. The apartment is $50 real dollars and the house is $200 if you think about it and they slap on a "discount" for premiums as if that makes it better.

This was just a nice game until all that happened. It maybe took a couple rounds at the gloryhole to get an outfit or accessory that you wanted. Now the games aren't nearly worth it to get some of the latest items. In my opinion, if you really want to regulate the economy that shouldn't have become an economy in first place to be ruined, make the game dish out an appropriate amount of money to match the outrageous prices they are putting on things these days.

I could not agree more with this post. It honestly pisses me off seeing just how ridiculous the money has become in this game. Patching the avatar exploit is one thing, that's fair, totally understandable. What isn't understandable is the devs setting new prices for things so INSANELY high compared to what it started out as. When this game was just starting, $1,000-$1,500 was reasonable for new outfits. There weren't a ton of things in game that cost you in game money. The things that did cost in game money weren't *too* hard to grind for (see: Petnis - $3,000). Now, the fact that ANYTHING costs $50,000 (I won't even bring up the house, that's fucking ridiculous) is nuts. Purchasing an apartment is equivalent to 250 hours worth of time at the Hotel, and 500 hours worth of time at the motel. *VERY* few people would ever use that much. As neat as apartment customization is, in total, the whole thing should not be 50K. 10K would be much more in line with the original pricing of things, maybe 20K if you wanted to make it so that only certain players who had put a lot of time into the game got apartments. Making it so that people can buy money in game is understandable, gives them another way to make money, but it's at a REALLY poor USD to MNF Money conversion rate. $1.00 should be 10K if they're going to be pricing things as high as they are nowadays.

Sorry if I'm just ranting nowadays, but it just genuinely disappoints me to see this game in this state, because I've played since the beginning, but it just won't be the same with how fucked the whole "economy" is nowadays. I know they've gotta make money, but fuck, I'd rather them give me some shitty banner ads as long as the game stays intact.
I definitely agree with the conversion rate. 1 to 10000 seems much more reasonable with how things are going.
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]
how should the economy evolve in 2019?
 [Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]
(11-21-2018, 02:31 AM)Overfiend Wrote: how should the economy evolve in 2019?

higher payout games, so premiums don't have to spend a significant portion of their membership time wasted on grinding for high cost items[released and future releases].
Yep, been saying that just increasing the payouts by x2 would make a world of difference.... 10 games instead of 20 on rodeo to reach 1k would de-incentivize bots, and is mentally more attainable... imagine just needing 1 game instead of 2 on rodeo to get a room... doesnt even have to be the other minigames... at least rodeo...lol...
Im useless on the Rodeo, never earned more than $30.
Visit the MnF Ambassador site for information MnF Clans..  (Please contact me to list your clan)
[Image: ambassador-ani3.gif?w=736]