Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.63 Average
Economy balance discussion
Well, you'll have to take that up with the devs, since it's them who's requested this. But I would say, instead of blaming anyone else, blame your friends for using known glitches and bots to cheat their way to money, when it clearly states in the ToS that it is not allowed. I'm sorry that you are losing friends, but perhaps your friends should follow the rules like everyone else?

I do sympathise, I just don't see how it's anyone else's issue that they chose to break the rules.
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]
The real money will continue to go elsewhere. I was just providing valuable feedback to explain the drop in revenues Emmie. When you ban long time players it isn't a good thing if it chases away your revenue stream. I'm just giving feedback.
And I told you, you're giving it to the wrong person. I'm not a developer. And I still stand by the point that they shouldn't cheat in the first place. Cheaters get banned from any game, that's how it's always been.

Edit: As for whether they lose money or not on it, you'll have to take that directly with the devs, we're just doing what they have asked of us. You can email support as that leads directly to Vadim.
(08-30-2018, 01:20 PM)Jenna-X Wrote: I think there is a misunderstanding about how $$$$ are made by the owners of the game.  The bulk is made through the sale of premium subscriptions.  

My friends list is shrinking because you continue to ban players who play the mini games and use "something" to play it at a higher level.

However I can't get my banned friends back so I have no one to sell premium certificates to and you aren't making money from me unless I'm buying codes to sell to them.  Be careful what you fix and try not to break things.

Just saying :-)
Not trying to flame you, but that post caused me to lose some of my brain cells. First of all, call it for what it is, a bot/abuse of game mechanics and using it does not mean you're playing at a higher level (lol wut). All I hear is that YOU don't want devs banning botters because YOU want to sell premiums to botters for their botted money and since YOU didn't actually bot, you're just making use of the botters' existence to fill your own pocket in a safe manner.

No, no, no, it is precisely because of premium code sellers like you that people are now complaining about an economy problem. You sellers set the price based on the fact that you know that botters can pay higher prices; as a result, regular players got a false assumption that there is an economy problem because premiums are no longer priced within reasonable ranges that they can comprehend unless they consider the fact that botting was involved. Code sellers like you are the reason that an "economy" exists and why devs had to step in to address the very botters that you call your "friends". So if you think about it, YOU banned your "friends" because of your greed.

Just saiyan. ;P

My view, as mentioned before is that there actually isn't an economy problem, or even an economy for that matter; it's just an artificial construct that was born as the result of code selling and its sellers pricing them due to botting. As a result, I will repeat this as many times as I need to, but code selling has to be removed as it has left the scope of what it was originally meant for. No code selling=no economy=nobody complaining that they can't afford a code= botting isn't an issue.
[Image: EmFMdK2.gif][Image: ffYZrp2.gif]
gifs from old public released scenes. IMO they were pretty good. *note if this is not allowed,please pm me and I'll remove immediately
If code sellers have no reason to buy a code with real money then a premium subscription isn't being purchased. I'm sorry you lost brain cells over my post. I was just pointing out a fact.
By getting a room do you mean renting? You start off with 1.000 so that gives you atleast 10 hours. Other than that two quick games of the gloryhole minigame gives you like 300-400 which is an additional 3-4 hours room time for 10-20 mins of work.
I don't think code selling will ever be actively stopped by the devs. I think that getting rid of all the cheaters will create a more friendly "economy" for a lack of better word.
(09-12-2018, 10:24 AM)Emmie Wrote: I don't think code selling will ever be actively stopped by the devs. I think that getting rid of all the cheaters will create a more friendly "economy" for a lack of better word.

Yes, stopping code selling completely will never happen since we've already gave them the taste and freedom of a free market. However, code selling can be limited/bottle-necked if it's forced underground. All devs have to do is no longer support the act of code selling and any further attempts will be at the complete risk of those who choose to continue or if you want, mods can still police whenever a scam occurs, but the goal of this is to discourage code selling in a large scale manner by having the general public[botters becuz botting takes time too] refrain from buying codes if it means that their money isn't going to be protected. This also means that asking/talking about code selling on forums or publicly is no longer allowed; stopping information flow will limited the channels to code sellers because buyers can't find sellers if they don't know who's selling and if they're legit.

With the code selling forced underground, only a limited number of code sellers will be able to continue to sell codes due to their reputations and the botters' so called effect on the "economy" will cease since there will no longer be an economy, just a black market. Sellers that want to do botter business still get what they want, botters are no longer a threat to the economy, regulars can't complain about code selling prices because it's no longer an official thing and complaining will yield nothing.

Quite frankly, I don't see how the economy will ever be "more friendly" just because botters are eliminated if code sellers can still control their prices the way they do regardless of bots. Instead of botters, they could still set high prices to get sales from players that have a large stockpile left from lat farming or even still botters that dodged the banwave.

Botting/cheating will always be around and growing as long as the game lacks the normal means to amass wealth in a more reasonable manner. Code selling can be more easily controlled since it was made possible with the policing and active support from mods.

ps. botting blewup due to being given incentive /motivated by code sellling
[Image: EmFMdK2.gif][Image: ffYZrp2.gif]
gifs from old public released scenes. IMO they were pretty good. *note if this is not allowed,please pm me and I'll remove immediately
I feel doing something about auctions because when clubs do it they basically get a huge money gain and using that to possibly buy out codes from sellers which could lead to the prices of premium codes skyrocketing if left unchecked especially when clubs do it.
I have been playing MnFCLUb probably since it got publicly released so I have had plenty of time to watch it progress to what it has become. Honestly, even as one myself, code sellers have ruined the economy. I say that because code sellers constantly buy from others which means that the buyer has to increase their price to make a profit which caused the inflation.

The real problem that I saw though was that there was an economy created at all. I remember the time when MnF cash was just meaningless and could be farmed in ways like multiple avatars or the bot thing or whatever. That all changed when they made it so you could purchase money.

A good friend pointed out to me that them making the cash have actual value wasn't the problem. It was the fact that after they did that and patched the avatar exploit they made everything completely more expensive. Clothes, the houses, there's even a pose where you need money and not just exp (two now that I just thought of the lesbian pose) and that is insane. The apartment is $50 real dollars and the house is $200 if you think about it and they slap on a "discount" for premiums as if that makes it better.

This was just a nice game until all that happened. It maybe took a couple rounds at the gloryhole to get an outfit or accessory that you wanted. Now the games aren't nearly worth it to get some of the latest items. In my opinion, if you really want to regulate the economy that shouldn't have become an economy in first place to be ruined, make the game dish out an appropriate amount of money to match the outrageous prices they are putting on things these days.