Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.63 Average
Economy balance discussion
Two opinions: one that there is an economy problem, one that there is not.

Unless there are posts to say that there is, then it must be assumed that there is not.

Useful posts would outline the problem and give solutions.

If thread becomes inactive it must be assumed that this is not a big problem.
(07-06-2018, 08:17 PM)Zephyr Wrote: placeholder

I don’t think code selling even existed when you could alt farm. Code selling at least gives those without credit card access an option.

PAYPAL DOES NOT SUPPORT ADULT SITES.

That was kinda of my point, cash farming in general isn't and shouldn't really be a true problem as there is no economy for it to effect.

On the note of paypal. I've seen adult sites use paypal, but they make it so the payment goes to a different name.
[Image: EmFMdK2.gif][Image: ffYZrp2.gif]
gifs from old public released scenes. IMO they were pretty good. *note if this is not allowed,please pm me and I'll remove immediately
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence for starters. The biggest sign of inflation, is that the devs added in the ability to buy in-game money. This was done at the price that was imagined for the game. And now, quite some time later, look at the price of the 2 bedroom house, or even the price it initially went for.

How big of a problem is the inflation? It's hard to say, but it does mainly affect newer players, cause they did not have a chance to use the illegitimate ways to earn money easier. And the ways you can use now can get you banned.

Edit: We are talking about quite large amounts of illegitimate in-game money in circulation. Majority of the money that is in circulation. That's not to say the person currently owning the money got it that way. But selling codes and auctions (the two main ways to make larger amounts of money) does not create new money, it uses old money already in circulation.
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]
(07-06-2018, 08:17 PM)Zephyr Wrote: placeholder

I don’t think code selling even existed when you could alt farm.  Code selling at least gives those without credit card access an  option.

PAYPAL DOES NOT SUPPORT ADULT SITES.

Mhmm yeah they existed. For give you a price. A 3 months code costed 1.2M on that time. xDDD
AdamKroenen
I stand corrected. I just never came across it. That it was more expensive than now seems to reflect that money was easier to get then.

Some things in Emmie’s post I agree with, some I do not.

New ways to get in game money is not evidence of inflation; it just means you can sidestep mini-games.

Apartments and houses were always going to be expensive; hard to cite initial house price when there have been refunds.

Is there inflation? Gown or suit still costs the same. Nurse’s outfit is more than bloodsucker and jumpsuit from same location as farmgirl is more so I will accept that. But none cost more than an hour in mini-game.

I have a prem account so I can collect £1000 per day; perk of prem or illegitimate money? Non prems can easily get all they need in little game time; prems may have more to buy but also can collect money.

I don’t agree with Emmie’s description of it being illegitimate money but I agree with its origin; maybe it was built up in anticipation of housing.

Totally agree that less new money is now being brought into game, obvious, but in circulation maybe more. Got $1m and find house is only $200k so spend rest on code. And also designs. Auctions have largely been a place to show off: buy friends.
Any money that was made via alt farming (back when it was possible) and bots, is illegitimate money, and make no mistake, a lot of people have used bots as well, and still do. It was gained by abusing a glitch or unintended part of the game. And what I mean with the addition of buying in-game money isn't that it's inflation cause it was added, it's inflation cause if you compare the price of a certificate, with how much it would cost if you bought in-game money, you will see a very huge leap. The inflation is not something the devs created, nor does their prices reflect that to the same extent (perhaps only in 2 bedroom), but it can be seen in the economy that players have created.

Edit: Whether or not the inflation is an issue, I don't know. I feel like it is, but that's just my opinion.
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]
(07-10-2018, 12:10 PM)Emmie Wrote: Any money that was made via alt farming (back when it was possible) and bots, is illegitimate money, and make no mistake, a lot of people have used bots as well, and still do. It was gained by abusing a glitch or unintended part of the game. And what I mean with the addition of buying in-game money isn't that it's inflation cause it was added, it's inflation cause if you compare the price of a certificate, with how much it would cost if you bought in-game money, you will see a very huge leap. The inflation is not something the devs created, nor does their prices reflect that to the same extent (perhaps only in 2 bedroom), but it can be seen in the economy that players have created.

Edit: Whether or not the inflation is an issue, I don't know. I feel like it is, but that's just my opinion.

Thank you!!! I can't seem to stress this enough. The concept/ subject of inflation I believe only exists in terms of premium codes being sold by players for in-game cash. To be frank, if not already said by me repeatedly, wouldn't the the whole inflation problem go away if we just removed/outlawed code selling? Afterwards, in order to better accommodate new players that need to catch up and earn money for housing, the devs could just add more games with better payouts.
[Image: EmFMdK2.gif][Image: ffYZrp2.gif]
gifs from old public released scenes. IMO they were pretty good. *note if this is not allowed,please pm me and I'll remove immediately
(07-10-2018, 12:10 PM)Emmie Wrote: Any money that was made via alt farming (back when it was possible) and bots, is illegitimate money, and make no mistake, a lot of people have used bots as well, and still do. It was gained by abusing a glitch or unintended part of the game. And what I mean with the addition of buying in-game money isn't that it's inflation cause it was added, it's inflation cause if you compare the price of a certificate, with how much it would cost if you bought in-game money, you will see a very huge leap. The inflation is not something the devs created, nor does their prices reflect that to the same extent (perhaps only in 2 bedroom), but it can be seen in the economy that players have created.

I agree that using bots creates illegitimate money.  But alt farming was legal.  No different to my getting $1000 per day on prem account.  Devs could end but paid for account then becomes less attractive.  Is this illegitimate money?

Inflation is when new outfits cost much more than previous ones.  People are buying certificates on-line for two reasons.  1 no credit card;  2 excess of game money.

Not agreeing that there is inflation;  look at what AdamKroenen said.

But Devs set exchange rates.  $5 in bank gives $5000.  $50,000 apartment can be bought for $25, $200,000 house for $50 and 3 month code yielding $90,000 for $25.

All in all I don’t see a problem but it is not one players have created.
(07-10-2018, 07:44 PM)magergxd Wrote:

Thank you!!! I can't seem to stress this enough. The concept/ subject of inflation I believe only exists in terms of premium codes being sold by players for in-game cash. To be frank, if not already said by me repeatedly, wouldn't the the whole inflation problem go away if we just removed/outlawed code selling? Afterwards, in order to better accommodate new players that need to catch up and earn money for housing, the devs could just add more games with better payouts.

Hmmm... when a 3 month code is bought with real cash they cost $25.  At $400k each the exchange rate 16,000 MnF dollars per real cash dollar.  Everyone does realize that MnF dollars are worthless so those of us who exchange codes for MnF dollars are essentially giving away a code in exchange for something that has no value?  Now a person could buy MnF dollars from the game site to buy a code and they would spend 400 real dollars to do so but that would be pretty dumb considering they can buy a code for 25 real dollars with their credit card. 

When volume code sellers stopped having fun being high rollers the source of codes dried up.  It caused prices to go through the roof.  This challenges the devs in my opinion as it forces them to introduce new ways to spend MnF cash and bring high rollers back into the game or back to their high rolling ways.  Why?  There are a lot of folks that aren't willing to spend 9.95 on a sex game per month and a lot more that can't have it on their credit card or don't have a credit card.  The devs want to sell subscriptions so they have their work cut out for them.  

We don't have an economy problem in my opinion as the price of goods never changes and nobody needs a house as its a luxury item.  We have a segment of the player base that provides additional funds for the development of the game via being high rollers.  The code prices will go down when you bring more of them back that have left for other venues.  That will take more content and more things to spend money on.  I am just trying to be honest.  The game is a platform for player created fun and for some being a high roller has its appeal.  As long as prices on existing goods remain the same and new regular content items remain similarly priced as luxury content is rolled out it shouldn't be a problem.
Jenna –X you have made some very sensible posts.

Taking your last point first; “We don't have an economy problem in my opinion as the price of goods never changes”

True, but mnf does seem to have increased outfit prices but still manageable. If there is a problem it is down to mnf not players.

I think that you misunderstand on your first point. Player A has a house and $1m. Nothing else to spend it on so $1m is useless. But he does need to renew prem. Player B wants a house.

B sells code to A. A has spent in game money that he does not value but gained a code that he does. B has spent $25 to get $400k in game money that is worth more to him than $25.