Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Memories (from the future)
Reminds me "a little" at the beginning of my time in the german army ;-))
.. well and exactly written ;-))
... i like it ;-))
[Image: detail.gif]
Reminds me of CAT, without the TB ~
Let's see the bright sight of this world!
CAT?  Not familiar with that.  Being a Mustang or what the Empire will call a Pony Girl myself (enlisted gone officer).  I have had the pleasure of doing Basic training type things more than once.  Regular Basic, AIT (advanced training, granted was in admin so the field time was short), then later ROTC and my Officer's Basic.  On top of that my first assignment as a young Lieutenant was in a Reception Battalion or basically the first stop for any new recruit. (I was in charge of the group of Drill Sergeants and others who met the buses and the confused young men and women suffering from severe jet lag and lack of sleep having gone through the MEPS processing all day.)

This will close out year 1.  The second year will cover some of the social aspects as a guest of honor will arrive. (The Empire's equivalent of at the time of this story a young MacArthur or  Eisenhower)

From Last post...
About midway through the 4th hour, Arlene was still away, Sarjenette Wallace came by to see how things were progressing, Barbara was pulling security at the time.  “Trainee Sarjentette Parker, what do you think you are doing?”  

Taken aback, all I could stammer out was “Sarjenette?”  

“I asked you a question Trainee Sarjenette, oh and you too Trainee Sarjenette Brooks, what seems to be wrong with this picture?”  

“Err…” we both stammered, wondering what we did wrong.  

“Ah I can see by the glazed expressions that you two dears are clueless, well let me enlighten you first, where is your twins?”  

“Er Sarjenette, Barbara er Trainee Foster is in front of the other position pulling security…” “I know that, why aren’t you at your position?  And Brooks, where in Soro’s holy name is your twin?”  

“Eh, er, she is with Trainee Sarjenette Killbride and Trainee Luchens, our Circle leader called her away.”

“Right, so why are you two young ladies working on this position together, and where are your weapons?”
We pointed to the stacked weapons next to the packs, that were about two feet from the edge of the position we were digging, it was nearly two thirds of the way done, well minus the overhead cover.  I then replied lamely, “Sarjenette we thought that by working together we could complete both positions faster, however we did not expect that Trainee Saunders to be gone for so long.”  

“You thought, Trainees don’t think Trainee Sarjenette, however in this case you thought correctly in all but three things, first Trainee Saunders should not have been called away until the positions were tenable, not your fault there; 2nd I see you have the flyswatter in operational configuration but no ready round loaded, what good is it unloaded?  And 3rd we should be at 25 percent security, not 50 percent so you should have three girls working at each position, also the first position should have been yours, Parker because you have the Circle’s heavy weapon, so I guess I will talk with Trainee Sarjenette Killbride about that, carry on Trainees.”  With that she left back the way she came but looking back I could see her talking with Sarjenette Brubaum, who then quickly sprinted down towards the center of our line and started shouting at Trainee Sarjenette Killbride.  

We were too far to hear everything but it seems like Miss Perfecto really screwed the pooch.  After Brubaum’s tirade was over we heard giggling as Arlene and  Elizabeth headed this way.  “Hey Angie get Cyndi and Barbie over to the Sorority area, oh and have Cyndi safe that monster, we are on admin time Sarjenette Wallace wants to address the whole gang.”  

With that the two of them ran down to Elizabeth’s party.  (By this time each party was intimate with its members, hence the use of pet names).  

All work was stopped as the entire Sorority minus Miss Tolliver was assembled.  Sarjenette Wallace stood with her hands on her hips looking like a mother hen, rather than a senior professional enlisted.  We were told to sit down, ground our gear and take off the over blouses and helmets.  

“Ok Angels first thing, everyone pull out a ‘teen and drink.”  She waited until we all drained one complete vapoteen.  “Now I know we had classes on the priorities of work, but it seems you were all asleep during that, so here we go again.  First and foremost is getting your positions dug so that they are useable.  Right now 2nd Circle has three that qualify and first only has two, and I am not taking about that pit in the middle either.” She pauses and looks critically at the visibly wilting leader of our circle.

Continuing on the senior Sarjenette states “ 2nd is security, while normally more is better, we are at a low threat so 25% or even 10% will work For those of you slow on math, only two or three girls per Circle, not two per Party.  3rd field sustainment, while you are happily working on your field positions, has anyone bothered to figure out where you are going to sleep tonight?  I thought not, and finally rest, we need to pull security and maintain this perimeter 24 hours a day people, that means some of you gals will be up during the night, and right now those lucky souls are going to be dog tired.  We have eight more hours of useable light to get everything ready, so I highly suggest that the Circle leadership get their heads out of their asses and come up with a duty plan.  By 1930 hours tonight I expect to see twelve two-person fighting positions completed with forward and side cover, weapons positions, range cards and aiming stakes along with your bivouac site and duty rosters.  If not tonight is going to be a very long night ladies. Now to end on something like a high note, 2nd Circle you are getting there but at this time rather than three positions you should have four or five positions completed.  1st Circle you have some work to do, but everyone after leaving this area you will walk to the extreme right flank and see what a proper fighting position should look like, at this stage, granted it could be a bit deeper, and the side and rear cover a bit thicker but for 4 hour’s of work it is dang good, and meets my minimum requirement.  Trainee Sarjenette Brooks well, done, nay strike that 2nd Party well done, Trainee Sarjenette Killbride you will remain back with your twin after I dismiss the rest of the Sorority.  Sorority Dismissed!”  

Following Sarjenettes Brubaum and Y’veins we headed back towards our positions, upon arrival Brubaum had the Sorority approach one party at a time, with my party standing by.  She gave the same spiel to each of the remaining five parties, with minor adjustments to fit the progress of that party.  

“Ok you girls are close, but notice how this party has one complete position and one that is useable as a hasty?  That is called team work, the whole party worked on one position rather than dividing their limited labor pool and getting two semi-completed positions.  I am sure once the rest of this gaggle gets back to their positions this party will begin working on their second position and will complete it in about four hours time.  Notice how they have the position at a slight oblique, to cover the flank, and that the forward position has the beginnings of a firing step for the LPLC.  That position over laps with the rifle position in the adjacent hole, the split berm in that one is for the Flyswatter, right out of the textbook, and although exposes the front to more direct fire it provides the missile the greatest threat range.  The other way would be to create a longer position with an extension for using the missile, but this works well for the scenario given. Now move along to where Sarjenette Y’veins is standing and you will see what not to do, Next party!”
Sure enough after the last party filed through, which consisted of the other pair of our 1st party, Sarjenette Brubaum instructed us to get back to work.  We decided that we would have one girl on security, while two worked on the unfinished position and the third started setting up the bivouac area and marking locations for our secondary and alternate positions.  The two girls working on the position had their blouses off, as it was getting quite warm and we rotated every 15 minutes, the girl on security went to digging, the girl on bivouac went on security, and one of the diggers rotated out to work on the bivouac.  This way each girl still worked 30 minutes digging.  We were midway through the 6th hour when Killbride and Harris came to look at the position along with all three Sarjenettes.  

“Now Trainee Sarjenettes this is a proper two position party, notice how Trainee Sarjenette Parker is on security while the other three are working on the positions or their bivouac area?  I have no idea what you thought you were doing with that huge pit, a party never shares the same hole that is just asking for a grenade or mortar round.  If you two expect to keep your stripes by sundown, you will have two positions to standard by my deadline, also you may not use any but your party until the rest of your circle has the other four positions and their bivouacs complete, and you must maintain 25% security, consider this your punishment for wasting the entire morning doing who knows what.  Now get out of here!”  

Once everyone not in 2nd Party left, we all turned and grinned at each other, however as nice as it was seeing Miss Perfecto being taken down a notch, we also realized that it was our Circle that was now seriously behind.  We decided that we should get the bivouac set up as quickly as possible then finish up the position, so one girl stayed working on the position and two worked to get the bivouac area set up.  We did that by pairs, so each pair could get their pressure tents assembled and the sleeping bags placed inside along with the packs.  That took 30 minutes to complete and then with three working on the last position we had it done in another 30 minutes.  

So by hour 7 we were good to go.  “Hey Arley!” I yelled, “who wants to stay on security while the rest of us go help out Elizabeth’s group?”

“Oh Cyndi why don’t you or Barbie stay, I had half the morning off listening to our fearless leader ramble.”

“Ok sounds good, hey Angie you take my pea shooter and leave us the Claymore ok?”  

“Righto, what is the other one going to do?”  

“Oh spell the other and make some improvements to the position I need to get a platform erected for the Flyswatter as well as hollow out a place to put the missiles.”  

“Right, oh and I will get the stove out of my pack, so you can start dinner, as you are the best cook Cyndi.”

“Yeah, that’s because my Mother taught me right, now go on girl you know the whole Circle is going to get a HEAT round if we don’t have all the positions completed in five hours.”

Well we completed the positions in time, had a nice hot meal of heated rations and then prepared for the next day.  We decided that each party would take a night watch, one pair in their positions for three hours taking 30-minute intervals on sentry.  This way the full 6 hour night would be covered and every one getting at least 3 hours of sleep and hour and half of rest.  We drew straws to see which party got the 1st night, and so on.

Well we drew the short straw and so I spent most of my first night on the tactical bivouac shivering in my incomplete fighting position, silly me left my poncho back at the bivouac site, so I used Barb’s while she was on sentry, we also had three sensors deployed, one per party covering about 100 meters in front of the defensive line.  Tomorrow we will get the overhead cover completed and some sand bags to help reinforce the positions.  I was fitfully dozing after my last stint as sentry when Barb shook me awake. “Erhuhh?”  

“Shh, quiet Cyn, something is moving out there, see?” she said point to the monitor of one of the sensors, and sure enough I could see movement and humanoid shapes sneaking up towards the center positions.  

“Ok cover me, I am going to take a closer look..”

“Ok, be careful.”  With that I grabbed my carbine and slithered out on the cold wet ground and went to see what was going on, however before I got beyond twenty meters from the position I felt something cold and hard pressing down on my back.  

“And just where do you think you are going Trainee?” Asked Sarjenette Y’veins.  

“Er I saw something move down here and went to scout it out, my twin is covering me…”  

“Is she… oh I guess she is, damn’t Parker you should know better than leaving the position, luckily for you, you just saw me and Brubaum playing commando, however tomorrow or later today it could be the real deal, never ever leave your position as guess what, Trainee Sarjenette?”  

“What Sarjenette?”

“Well first off you are either dead or a POW, and second you just gave away the location of your defensive line, and if you twin dares to fire her weapon she will give away her exact position.  Now lesson learned head back to your line, and whichever of you is not on sentry needs to wake the rest of your Circle and stand to.”

The rest of the tactical Bivouac went without any major screw ups, and after a week in the field, dirt, mud and cold rain we returned back to barracks and spent the next day and half cleaning up our field gear.  The rest of the cycle was spent going over the lessons learned on the bivouac.  

End of year 1: By the end of year 1 we were now a very close group.  Only one pair was on the verge of recycling but by the grace of Soro they managed to pull it together.  I retained my duties as admin recorder and Barbara was made assistant Sorority Leader, we both held the rank of Trainee Sarjenette.  Arlene proved to be the tactical wizard for the whole Sorority, actually tops in the entire convent and was a Trainee Higher Sarjenette.  Where Barb and I had two stripes, she had two full stripes and one broken stripe. Heather remained at Trainee Lower Sarjenette, but no one in 1st Circle were Trainee Lower Levels, most being at least Trainee Junior Sarjenettes.  

Upon end of the first year we given a three day pass to Ariel, where we wore our shore dress but with undergarments and then began the midsummer course where we were exposed for the first time to all of the branches AIDOF had to offer.  Barbara wanted to try out for Aerospace, while I was struck by the sheer might that SAN or the Stellar Assault Navy had to offer.   I knew form that moment on I wanted to be in the naval arm.  Barbara still wanted Aerospace but she decided to compromise and will try to get a Fleet operations posting, although I knew she had her heart set on the fast Amazon-Warriors.  After the summer branch orientation period we were given another short liberty to Ariel and then had to return to Alexis and Sally Ride.

This last part ends Chapter 1 and the Salon. Little Cyn or in formal address Missy Cynthia Parker graduates and is commissioned as Mademoiselle Kaydette Cynthia Parker Chapter 2 is her branch training.

Year 2: Well year 2 was spent mostly in academic and leadership classes. We were given various positions throughout the entire Troop. As year two trainees most of us were given mid or senior PER ranks. I started off as a Trainee Sarjenette but ended the term as a Trainee Sarjenette Superior, or with four solid stripes. My twin found her calling this year as an organizer and planner, and so Barb ended the term as full Trainee Sarjenette Upper or four stripes and two diamonds. Only Arlene as Trainee Sarjenette Majour was higher she had three diamonds and was the highest Trainee for our class. She was still determined to go ground forces, but everyone in the Sorority was whispering Naval Ground Assault. At the end of the third term we got a special treat, a guest visitor, and alumna of Sally Ride, actually two alumni visited us.

A Heroine’s visit: While we were finishing up training in the 5th cycle of the year, Madame Kaptain Blake assembled the entire school as we were being visited by two very important alumni, one a very recent graduate and the other one of the first graduates of Sally Ride.
The first one was a very young lady who was wearing the formal dress uniform of a Majourette in Ground Forces Kommand. She was rather tall and had dark hair, we were all trying guess which class she was in, but the way she talked to Miss Francine and Miss Helen we gathered they knew each other. In fact it turned out that this young lady was in the same class as Miss Helen, but where Miss Helen was now a newly frocked Lewtenette but still under Miss Francine, our guest was clearly someone destined for the fast track. That was made quite clear when we learned her identity, it’s not every day one meets the daughter of royalty.
Miss Catherine Volkberg, Majourette in Her Majesty’s 1st Communications Troop just completed Finishing School. Her Black blouse and red skirt with pink hose were not one expected for royals, but then again she was a Volkberg the patron house for GFK. She spoke of the importance Sally Ride has in the future of AIDOF, and no matter which branch we are given, we should strive to honor the Empress, our family and our friends by doing the best job possible. She then went and sat down with Ms. Blake and the other senior personnel.
As by special request, Miss Francine introduced the other distinguished alumna. We were all very curious who could upstage a Royal alumna, but everyone made a gasp when we found out whom she was. The lady in question was dressed all in black from her toes to blouse, even the hose were black, now black shoes were common to formal dress, and black blouses meant officettes, but seeing a black skirt was very special as only nobility or royals wore all black, but no one wore black hose, well almost nobody. On the collars of her blouse were the pie shape insignia of a Lady Equettassa or Knight, (same as a Lady Colonel / Mistress in IDOF), however instead of the standard rows of ribbons she wore only two decorations, one was the rainbow ribbon of a Ruby Star cluster, but even that was trumped by the simple red, yellow and blue stripped ribbon of a Crystal Heart, our highest decoration.
Even without knowing what she looked like, there was only one person in the entire Empire who dressed like that, and that was Lady Nicole Volkberg, the Heroine of Orion. Miss Francine introduced her as Lady Equetassa Nicole Volkberg, Commanding Regent 312th Special Operations Cohort. That explained the black hose, as Lady Nicole was in the elite branch of AIDOF, Special Operations Kommand. Prior to that she was in the Imperial Guard the elite of GFK and she was definitely on her way up, but would it be her or her half-sister, the aforementioned Miss Catherine who would wear diamonds first? (Diamonds in the shape of a 4 pointed star were the insignia of the Royal ranks)
Lady Nicole addressed the entire school and talked about the need for good leaders, she also warned that although we were winning back the conquered territories we had yet take the fight to the enemy. She then asked for Ms Blake and Miss Francine to come up to the stage.
“By the power invested in me by Her Imperial Majesty, and as the duly appointed representative of our regent Princess Jennifer Volkberg, I have the honor and pleasure of presenting the following orders to Madame Kaptain Wendi Nadine Blake, and Mademoiselle Lewtenette Francine Zepeda. First The Regent of Personnel for AIDOF Crown Princess Beatrice Vira has in her authority granted by Her Imperial Majesty promotes Kapatain Blake to the rank of Kommandette, effective this date, upon graduation of the present class her tenure at Sally Ride Salon for Girls will be completed and she will report to her new assignment as Mistress of Her Imperial Majesty’s Star Vessel Sundance.” There was a brief applause from some of the guests/
Lady Nicole continued, “As for Mademoiselle Zepeda, she is likewise promoted, to the rank of Majourette where upon completion of security officette training will report to Headquarters 4th Volkberg Armee, as matriarch 234th Security Guards Police Troop, effective date of promotion is this date, report date for Security Guards Police School is 11 Septre 2628. Congratulations ladies, now for all you young ladies at Sally Ride, this school has a proud tradition of creating fine Officettes and even some nobles for AIDOF, for the class of 2629 take what you learn this year and next year and work hard and you will earn the orange V. For class of 2628, only 8 more cycles and you will cross the stage and join the sisterhood of AIDOF, I look forward to serving with you against the Corporation.” With those words she left the stage and we were turned back over to our respective leaders to be dismissed and resume training.”

Graduation from Sally Ride: The last half of Salon went quickly by, we all took our tests and no one in Angel Sorority was recycled. The final class standings were as follows Wendy Travis was the honor grad for the Convent and in fact made Trainee Kommandette. Arlene and Justine Harris were Trainee Kaptains, I and Barb along with Angela and Heather made Trainee Majourette. The rest of 1st Circle all made Trainee Lewtenette or Kaydette. Speaking of which the cycle prior to graduation we were all fitted for our formal dress uniforms. Red Skirt, black blouse, gold belt, patent leather (yes real leather) pumps as well as the training ribbon and service ribbon, the only thing missing were our hose, as we still did not know which branch we would get. That big mystery was solved the night prior to the final ceremony.

Miss Helen stood by several baskets that contained a multitude of colored panty hose. “Ok my little Angels, we have a tradition in AIDOF for branch selection, which is as follows, the Sarjenettes will blind fold you and lead each of you in turn past the stacks of hose, I will hand you two pair, one for tomorrow and one for reporting to your first duty station, that is your formal branch training. One of you will get the honor of being my replacement, as Sorority Mistress for the class of 2630. Regardless of what branch you get, serve the Empress well, ok let’s proceed.”

We were lined up in alphabetical order by last name this time and slowly walked around the room in a huge circle, our eyes behind a thick blindfold, and our left arm extended and holding the shoulder of the girl ahead of us. After what seemed like forever, and with butterflies playing Zero G Volleyball in my stomach, I finally sensed the girl ahead of me being pulled away as I was now led by the hand. I was then told to stop and put both hands out and felt two small bundles being placed in my hand, I was then led out to the other classroom and told to sit down. After the last girl was given her bundle and was sitting down, Sarjenette Wallace gave us permission to remove the blindfolds.
“OK young ladies, by this time tomorrow you will all be Kaydettes, and at that time I will call you by circle and give you your first duty station, after you complete branch school. But now go ahead and open up one of the packages and see what your branch is. Arlene the de facto leader for my party thought it would be fun for each girl to open up their package one at a time, with the help of their twin. We talked about the rumors of black hose, but Sarjenette Wallace said, SOK (Special Forces) doesn’t take Kaydettes, so we opened up the small packages, which would determine our fate for the next, few years or more.

“Hey Angie hurry up girl, ahh…” stated Arlene as she helped Angela out and pulled out a pair of pink hose. “Cool Ground Forces, now my turn….ah yes pink as well, hmm maybe we all get lucky huh girls?”

“Huh, I hope not, ok Cyn help me out.”

“Sure Barb..”
Barbara pulled open her package and a pair of very dark purple hose came out. “YESSS!!!!!” She shouted, so loudly that the rest of the Sorority turned to look at Barbara grinning dangling the dark purple hose, the denoted Aerospace Kommand. She leaned over and kissed me fully on the lips and then danced around the room.

“I guess she’s happy.” Remarked Angela lamely.

“You think?” I said, “ever since we spent the week in the flight simulators all she could talk about would the thrill of flying an Amazon, well guess it’s my turn…” I closed my eyes and opened the package slowly dreading my fate, knowing that they were going to be pink or even worse, gray, the color of staff and support, as I reached in and grasped them, and pulled them out I heard Barbara gasp, Angela and Arlene were likewise very quiet I slowly opened my eyes and stared down at the nylon bundle in my hands, they were not pink, nor gray but the light blue of the Stellar Assault Navy, my dream had come true.
After letting the shock wear off, I looked around the Sorority and of the twenty four girls nearly half were in Pink or gray, most of the former were happy and quite a few of the others were smug knowing that their families played politics to get a nice safe cushy staff job.
Six girls had dark purple, as we all knew the need for fighter and bomber jocks was great. However as dangerous as that service was, Barbara was proud to be an Aerobabe and still looks upon affection to that title. (I made sure to request liberty so I could be there for her graduation ceremony from flight school; I think she was more proud of her wings than the Kaydette stripe.)
Five had a slightly darker blue than mine, we were all puzzled but then remembered that new Aquatic branch, it was only a few years old so needed a disproportionate amount of fresh faces.
Wendy and I were the only light blue, and a very confused Emily Schultz had a pair of lavender hose.

“Uh Ma’am, why did I get these, I did not request Aerospace?”

“Of course not my dear, those are Medical Support, um it seems you have the gift, so you will be heading for Sappho upon graduation, don’t worry we will insist that the Holy Sisters place you back among the ranks of your first family, AIDOF.”

The graduation ceremony was long but we were too pumped up to care. We made a smart parade and noticed that amongst the guests were the young Miss Volkberg and couple other recent graduates. Her lovely and much older sister was not present, but I am sure I will meet her again sometime. After the ceremony we found out our first posting after branch training and other qualification schools.

“Today, you are no longer girls and Trainees at Sally Ride, but rather Kaydettes of Her Imperial Majesty’s Amazonian Domination and Occupation Forces. You are entrusted with the care of the daughters of the subjects of the Empire. You will be tested and expected to send those same precious dears into harm’s way. Many of you will be asked to make the supreme sacrifice as you all know we have been at war with the Mathematical Concepts Limited Corporation and their corrupt leaders. Some of you will remain here and assist in training the next class. Most of you will head to branch training and your first assignment. Before we fall out for final parade, Sarjenette’s Wallace and Morgan will review the assignments by Circle, make sure your uniforms are nice and neat, for the pinning of your stripes. ” Explained Majourette Zepeda.

“Right 1st Circle on me, by Alphabetical order last name, as you are no longer Trainees. Brooks, Angela, GFK 4th Volkberg Light; Calderwood, Dianne, APK 1st Aquagroup; Chambord Kileen; C&CK 3rd Command Group; Foster, Barbara, ASK, 13th Fleet Operations Group, exact posting to be determined by flight school performance; George, Francis, GFK 79th Garrison Force; Grenville, Deborah, C&CK 1st Command Group Ephesus; Harris Justine; GFK 456th Engineering Century; Killbride, Heather, C&CK, 34th Training Troop.”

“What?”
“You are assigned as an instructor; it is a honor, so act gracious”

“Whatever, I was hoping for SAN….”

“Well, try not to throw up in the Zero G chamber next time huh? Next! Parker, Cynthia, SAN 13th Starfleet, again posting to be determined on results at Branch Qualifications; Luchens, Elizabeth, APK 1st Aqua Group; Saunders, Arlene; GFK 7818th NGAL, way to go Ma’am; and finally Wolstencraft, Kasy; APK 1st Aquagroup. Ok, you have your assignments, shuttles depart in four hours it was a pleasure training you ladies, I look forward to serving under any of you in the future, Class of 2628 is Dismissed!”

2nd Interlude: After graduation we all departed back to the barracks, changed out of the formal dress uniform into our shore dress uniforms, now with proper turtlenecks and the single orange V of a Kadette, packed our bags and headed for the shuttles. I was on the same shuttle as Wendy, Barbara and the other ASK girls, since Wendy and I would be going to Avonia to the Fleet Training Center and the Aerobabes would be going to Terri for flight training. We said our good byes to Arlene and Angela and the other girls who were going to other systems. However I had a feeling that I would see a few of them in the future. The long shuttle ride to Ariel and then the longer transport ride to Avonia was spent mostly in the compartment I shared with Barbara. Although not as fun as our first night together at the Salon, we definitely did not disappoint each other. Wendy was also posted to the 13th Starfleet, and after we found out that the 13th Fleet Operations Group was the aerospace force for the Starfleet with the same number, we promised to remain as close as possible, hoping even for joint billets. Alas the trip to Avonia was over and Barbara and the other five Aerospace girls boarded a transport to Terri, only two systems away but that breach seemed much further as we said a tearful farewell.
Before moving on to chapter 2, A quick primer on the Amazonian Imperial military or AIDOF. First off Imperial Galactic uses English as its root but it heavily influenced by other languages mostly Western and Northern European. Kommand for example is derived from the German Kommando or staff headquarters unit.
It is subdivided into several branches in the early-mid 27th Century there were seven of them. Stellar Assault Navy; the space navy. Aquatic Patrol Kommand; the much smaller water navy. Ground Force Kommand, the army and marines. Special Operations Kommand, all special forces (at this time APK SEALS were just considered elite), AeroSpace Kommand, air and space force, Medical Branch, the Medical Priestesses and lay-girls assigned to provide medical and spiritual support to the military all are ordained or lay clergy of the Church of Soro. And lastly lay Command and Combat Kommand the General Headquarters organiazation which includes the top tiers of the civil aristocracy.

Ranks: The Empire is divided between Civil and Military Regency. It is also divided between Imperial and House Control. Although the Tikus have their own names for their leaders they also use the standard Imperial titles as well;

ROYALTY
The Royal (and Imperial) Ranks and Titles are associated with the senior leaders of the Imperial Government and the Five Houses. Members of AIDOF in this group hold title with their families and are filling a post of great importance. While serving in the AEF or IHF however the Royal will place Imperial concerns over her own house. The Leader of each house is informally called the Matron, even if she is a Queen or the Empress herself.

Empress: Her Imperial Majesty, Sovereign Defender of Amazonia and Soro, Matron of
House Vira
Tzarina: Her Majesty, Daughter Heiress of the Empress, Head of the Council of Matrons
Queen: Her Royal Majesty, Sovereign and Matron of one of the Four Houses
Princess-Royal: Her Illustrious Highness, Daughter Heiress of the Queen
Crown Princess: Her Imperial Highness, Senior Royal Serving in an Imperial Capacity
Royal Princess: Her Royal Highness, Senior Royal Serving in Her House
Princess-Consort: Her Elevated Highness, Consort-Bride of a Crown / Royal Princess or
higher but not of the Matron (Changes Surname to new House: Hyphenated Names are for Royals who are married but of Equal Status (House Vira never Hyphenates)
Princess: Her Highness, a member of a Royal House with no other qualifier
Wanaxxae: Her Militant Highness, a member of the royalty serving in AIDOF
Viceroy: Her Civil Highness, a member of the royalty serving in the Imperial Government

HIGH NOBILITY
The High Nobility is the senior levels of either AIDOF or the Civil Government. The titles have some overlap but there is a distinct difference between the spheres of influence. Wives or Consort-Brides of High and Lower Nobility retain their current titles, but will take the surname if of lower standing or hyphenate if of equal standing.

Arch Duchess: Her Supreme Grace, Regent of a System Arch Duchy or Chief Retainer of a Royal / Imperial Court or Very large multi force combat command
Margraefin: Her Supreme Militant Grace, Regent of Large mixed force command or chief of staff of organization under a Militant Royal. Equal to a Field Marshal or Fleet Admiral
Duchess: Her Elegant Grace, Regent of a Planetary Duchy or Senior Retainer of a Royal / Imperial Court.
Graefin: Her Militant Grace, Regent of Mixed force command / Combat Theater. (Admiral or General Equivalent
Marquessa: Her Grace, Regent of a Territorial Region, or member of a Royal / Imperial Court.

LOWER ARISTOCRACY
The Lower Aristocracy is the ladies who run the Imperial government as well as the royal domains and large military (Flag) level commands. Viscountess is bestowed on the members who are currently sitting on the House of Ladies. While in this capacity they do not hold title or land in their respective Royal House. The social gulf between Marquessa and Countess is rather wide.

Viscountess: Her Enlightened Ladyship, Member of the House of Ladies (Appointed and Temporary position)
Countess: Her Supreme Noble Ladyship, Regent of a Continental County (Military Equivalent to a Vice Admiral or Lieutenant General)
Contessa: Her Most Noble Ladyship, Regent of a Kries (Subdivision of the County) (Military Equivalent of a Rear Admiral or Major General)
Baroness: Her Noble Ladyship, Regent of a Barony (Military Equivelent to a Commodore or Briagadier
Thaness: Her Ladyship, Regent of Knight: Regent of a Legion or Mistress of a Star Ship (Colonel or Naval Captain)

COMMISSIONEES
Young scions of Royal or Noble houses, or extremely gifted commoners are found leading the combat units or serving in supervisory roles for the civic government. Once a young maiden graduates from the academy and achieves her commission she is destined to advance as her talent, patroness and fate will take her.
LINE OFFICERS
Line Officers are serving in leadership in front line combat units. Line Officers do not distinguish between Naval and Martial like the aristocrats appointed above them. The level also is determined by number and appropriate rank, a SBA is lead by Mademoiselle Majourette and the flight by a Madame Kaptain for example.
Madame Kommandette: Commander of a Cohort, Star Vessel, Aerospace Squadron,
Madame Kaptain: Commander of a Century, small Star Vessel, Aerospace Section,
Mademoiselle Majourette: Commander of a Troop, duty section, Aerospace Flight.
Mademoiselle Lewtennette: Commander of a Convent, duty detail, Aerospace Craft.
Mademoiselle Kaydette: Junior Officer learning her trade (fills a junior Lewtennette slot)

CIVIC ADMINISTRATORS
Civic Administrators serve as supervisors for the Imperial Bureaucracy. Each level has more and more responsibly and prestige.
Madame Minister: Head of major department or office on a given system
Madame Secretary: Head of a large planetary department, office or agency
Mademoiselle Aide: Senior Supervisor for a section or division
Mademoiselle Valet: Junior Supervisor for a section or division, or team

MEDICAL PRIESTESSES
Members of the Imperial Church of Soro who are serving in a Medical Support Role are given nominal rank equivalent to an Aristocratic Lady Militant or Line Officer.
Abbess of Sappho: High Priestess of the Church of Soro, her Temporal voice
Prioress of Alred: Head of the Medical Ministry
Reverend Mother Doctor:Head of a Medical Arch Dais
Mother Doctor Superior: Head of a Medical Parish
Sister Doctor: Head of a Medical Ward
Sister Nurse Superior: Senior member of a Medical Ward
Sister Nurse: Member of a Medical Ward
Daughter Nurse Maid: Junior member of a Medical Ward, newly ordained from the Seminary on Sappho.

THE PROFESSIONAL ENLISTED RANKS
The Professional Enlisted Ranks or PERS are the Imperial equivalent to most militaries non-commissioned officers. PERS also serve in the civic administration. Kommand level are the equivalent to Sergeants Major while the Troop level serve in roles ranging from Centurion to Squad Leader. Formal Address is Frau, All Naval, ships, vessels and craft call the SPER the COB or Chief of the Boat. Other PERS go by Chief and their Rating, Engineering Chief, or Bo ‘sun Chief. The SPER of organizations below Sarjent Majour are informally called the First Skirt.
KOMMAND LEVEL
Imperial Sarjenette Majour: Senior PER of AIDOF
Royal Sarjentette Majour: Senior PER of a Royal House Defense Force
Kommand Sarjenette Majour: Senior PER of a Force or OPKOM
Sarjenette Majour: Senior PER of Maniple Equivalent or Higher
THE TROOP LEVEL
Kommand Sarjenette: Senior PER of a Cohort or Equivalent
Sarjenettte Upper Class: Senior PER of a Century or Equivalent
Sarjenette: Senior PER of a Sorority or Detail
Sarjenette Lower Class: Leader of a Circle
Junior Sarjenette: Leader of a Party / Team
Apothecary: Gifted Medical PER affiliated with the Church but not ordained

TROOP RANKS
The Troopie, or Girl / Gal form the junior ranks of the Imperial services. There are four ranks mainly used to denote experience level, pus one unique for medics. They are formally addressed as Fraulein but informally the mildly derogatory pejorative of Tussi is used. Naval girls are addressed by their ratings more than their rank such as Senior Helmsgal or Engineer’s mate.
Troopie Upper Class: An experienced warrior-maid who may lead a small element or is trusted with important tasks or equipment.
Troopie: Rank and File warrior-maid
Troopie Lower Class: A warrior-maid who has served some time or survived combat.
Rookie: A warrior-maid fresh from training
Candi-Striper: A medical corps-gal serving as a field medic
Characters of Import in Chapter 1

Cynthia Amanda Parker: A young maiden from the colony world of Mystic Veld. She is attending Sally Ride on a Heroine's scholarship. One her mothers was killed in action and received the Ruby Star Cluster the Second highest award (similar to the Distinguished Service Cross in the US). Though not mentioned she is a very athletic brunette who wears her hair in tight braids, She was the co-captain of her Secondary School's Zero Gravity Volleyball team and is also very smart. Although she is a bit willful and introverted (hence the needs improvement markings her first evaluation.) She graduates among the top of her class and is assigned to the Stellar Assault Navy.

Barbara Veronica Foster: A young maiden who hails from a family on Ephesus (the capitol world of the Jewel Quadrant and seat of the Royal House of Volkberg. Her family as mentioned has a long tradition of service. She is a rather petite red head with hazel eyes but is a extrovert and very aggressive when pursuing what she wants. She instantly fell in love with two things, first her assigned twin Cynthi (the feeling is very mutual) and the thrill and exilleration of fast aerospace fighters. She aced the flight simulators and other tests and was an natural for Aerospace Kommand. However she selected Fleet Operations in order to try to get a joint posting with Cynthia, though at this moment is a bit of a pie in the sky dream for two young Kaydettes in different branches.

Wendy Louise Travis: The honor graduate from Sally Ride she was selected for SAN and will attend training with Cynthia. Their relationship will be very close but not on the same level as Cynthia and Barbara.

Arlene Saunders and Angela Brooks: The other pair that makes up the party that includes Cynthia and Barbara while at Sally Ride. Both of them are assessed Ground Forces Kommand and will attend training together although Angela was selected for light infantry and Arlene got Naval Ground Assault Legion or the Empire's answer to the Marines.

Mademoiselle Kaydette Helen Tolliver: The young recent graduate who was posted to serve as Sorority Mentor (a officetette posting that does not exist outside of training units) for the next group of girls going through Salley ride. She is a snob and likes to see make her social lessers squirm. She naturally respects her superiors but is a bit leery of Miss Francine (who was her Convent Mother during her own time at the Salon)

Mademoiselle Lewtenette Francine Zepeda: She is a combat veteran and was in fact instrumental in liberating a prisoner of war encampment which included several of the survivors of the fallen Orion garrison. She is several years older than the average Lewtenette as she is a Pony Girl raised from the ranks. Her unit of Register is the the 63rd Mechanized Infantry Legion, which like the 21st Imperial Guards (elite infantry) formed the rear guard of Orion. Miss Francine was wounded early in that fight and evacuated off world which her actions there in part led to her battlefield promotion.

Mademoiselle Majourette Catherine Kelly Volkberg: The young daughter of Princesses Jennifer and Jessica Volkbeg she was in the same class as Miss Helen. As a scion of a royal house she was fast tracked and is serving in a field communications troop. Not the front line but definatly not a safe and cushy staff assignment one would expect from someone born with a platinum rattle in her crib. Then again the Volkbergs are not the sterotypical pampered royal family either.

Her Ladyship Equetassa S. Nicole Volkberg, centuria majora sanctamonia: Lady Nicole is the darling of the Empire. She was the rear guard commander of the Orion garrison (at the time she was a Kommandette) and although it fell, her stand cost the Corporate enemy several fold the loss to the Empire. She is not of Amazonian heritage but was adopted by Princess Jennifer. She is the holder of the Crystal Heart of Bravery, the highest decoration in the Empire (along the lines of the Victoria Cross more so the Medal of Honor). Severely wounded and forced to endure a prisoner of war camp (brothel) she was liberated and soon after her period of rehabilitation assigned as commander of a special operations unit and promoted to Lady Equetassa (Knight).
I think the following links could be used as a quick reference and you could append it at every post or chapter, so those with interest can easyly find some information ;-))
Or you could make an index at your first post where you could point at every chapter and your explanations ;-))

If you want to know more about, click the following links:
A quick primer on the Amazonian Imperial military or AIDOF
Characters of Import in Chapter 1
[Image: detail.gif]
Don't want to be an ass-kisser, but we need more people like you, to write stories and eventually get the forum more lively.
Again thanks guys, these stories (oh Memoirs is one of about six more or less works in progress) are a long term hobby past time of mine. The universe as mentioned earlier started out as a college role playing universe. The Amazonians were supposed to be the big scary antagonistic power but almost all of the guys (yes vast majority of the group were guys) wanted to play them or at least allies of them. So the Empire went from being a sadistic and hyper aggressive power to more benign and became more like Victorian England rather than Elizabethan England with the military power of Imperial Germany.

I have a shorter one several years in the future from this story I will tweak a bit and post. My version of the Prince and the Pauper, well kind of sorta. Infact when I can post my own threads which this will be post 16 or 17 so getting close. I will go ahead and do just that.
Just wanted to know...
Did you...

I remember when I was a teenager, I used to write stories when I should be sleeping, I was so into writting stories that, when I didn't notice when the sun was coming up... Have you experienced something like that?