MNF Club Forums
Handling Unwanted Invites - Printable Version

+- MNF Club Forums (https://www.mnfclub.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://www.mnfclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.mnfclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Handling Unwanted Invites (/showthread.php?tid=209)

RE: Handling Unwanted Invites - Hugsy21 - 06-23-2016

Got a little disappointed last night.
A guy had a name from my favorite band and I really wanted to talk about it Sad
"Hello beautiful, want to play with my big boy?
"OMG your name is from Puscifer!"
"Ye"
And as I continued he got really boring in his answer as if he didn't want to talk about it. Why do most guys only want to talk about their penises? Sad He really could have got me if he just kept up my interest in the band

RE: Handling Unwanted Invites - Kallisto - 06-23-2016

(06-23-2016, 08:37 AM)Fenix-TS Wrote: I think the guy thought you were Sasso messing around with him....

I somehow doubt that he is a regular on this forum, but if he is, who could blame him for confusing me with Sasso? I mean, her funny exploits are really inspiring...

Speaking of inspiring.... I got my inspiration for the following encounter from one of your latest stories, Sasso - I hope that is alright with you.

Guy: *slaps your ass* hey hottie

Me: *is turned into a hungry bear by the sheer force of your insolence*

Me: Grrraawwww

Guy: wha? what the hell??

Me: *doesn't seem to be able to comprehend anything you said and just stands there, irately inspecting you with beady bear-eyes before finally starting to trot into your direction* Rrrrrraaaawwwww

Guy: uhm what are ... you?

Me: *even the last spark of humanity seems to have left this body and the slow trot quickly picks up pace until the bear is charging at you in a wild frenzy, growling and gnarling, while white foam is dripping out of its mouth*

Guy: heh well better start doing what shes doing *I start to rip my skin off as I turn into an angry lion*

Me: *just as the impact of the rushing bear is about to hit you, she vanishes in a puff of pixie dust that engulfs your body*

Guy: uhm wow

Me: *suddenly a slight breeze gets up and bears the sparkling dust away - a moment later the eerie spectacle is over and you are all by yourself again with nothing indicating that this unearthly experience was anything more than a day-dream*

I just love how startled he seemed to be and it was certainly a nice touch that he - sort of - kept playing along.

RE: Handling Unwanted Invites - Barbiesque - 06-24-2016

I'm starting to believe you must've done something in a previous life to "earn" this.
I'm only kidding...about me believing in resurrections.

RE: Handling Unwanted Invites - Simple Tania - 06-24-2016

hihihihi, very funny Kallisto, it's been a while since the last time I laughed so much with 'an unwanted invitation', thank you!

RE: Handling Unwanted Invites - MrGamer100 - 06-27-2016

Playing a female avatar for the sake of seeing how bad the invites and such are really gave me some perspective in to my opening lines. Any other new people who might read this, consider playing one on another account... I didn't see just how lame my approaches were until I saw 20 other people do it to me.

At least, now I'm trying different approaches. Wink

RE: Handling Unwanted Invites - Sasso - 06-27-2016

(06-27-2016, 04:51 AM)MrGamer100 Wrote: Playing a female avatar for the sake of seeing how bad the invites and such are really gave me some perspective in to my opening lines. Any other new people who might read this, consider playing one on another account... I didn't see just how lame my approaches were until I saw 20 other people do it to me.

It's so hard to even explain what makes a good opening line...

RE: Handling Unwanted Invites - RP_RICK - 06-27-2016

(06-27-2016, 05:22 AM)Sasso Wrote:
(06-27-2016, 04:51 AM)MrGamer100 Wrote: Playing a female avatar for the sake of seeing how bad the invites and such are really gave me some perspective in to my opening lines. Any other new people who might read this, consider playing one on another account... I didn't see just how lame my approaches were until I saw 20 other people do it to me.

It's so hard to even explain what makes a good opening line...

Depends on situation, person, mood... Never easy

RE: Handling Unwanted Invites - Lexirific - 06-27-2016

I've been trying to help a few people out recently. The main bit of advice I give is to show they've at least put some thought and effort into it. If they are approaching somebody, they need to make an impact, not the other way round. But if the one responding doesn't put the same sort of effort in to their reply, move on.

RE: Handling Unwanted Invites - Kyrios - 06-27-2016

The point Lexi makes about moving on if the reply isn't worth it is a good one. I'm quite choosy with my partners, often wait to be approached, but on the occasions when I do approach people I will give them an interesting opener and they have to reply with the same or I'm done.

I also find that women in game tend be terrible with openers (probably from lack of practise). I get approached a fair amount, but rarely get anything even worthy of being put up here. It's almost always just 'hi'. I respond to most of them, even though I'm probably going to say no, because they might be interesting and/or might be greeting me for some other reason, like needing help with the game.

RE: Handling Unwanted Invites - Barbiesque - 06-27-2016

I don't usually reply to any unwanted pm's, easier as well since I keep DnD on for the most part.
Main public chat is a good way to make a joke, make a pun, say hi and get to know people.
Of course you might not always receive a warm welcome, might be mocked for no reason, etc.,but you need to take it in stride and focus on the people that show an openness to converse freely about anything and everything. I like to think of myself as one of those (latter group).